Why become a member? ×

Road worn bass pictures

nilorius

5 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

14 miles trailed behind a Landrover. -_-

5 hours ago, Linus27 said:

It's the only way to do it effectively, you try doing it with a Tesla, never looks the same as a good old Landy 🤣

It's even worse if you do it in kilometres.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, paul_5 said:

All ready for the ‘black market’ no doubt… 😉

I didn't like that finish in reality, because i never seen it and touched it before in reality. Just listened to it carefully and watched in youtube. I liked the sound and as i worked in a music instrument shop i got it at half price. The real finish was far away i thought it will be, so i just did it and that road worn really shown up after 20 years on black marker finish. Maybe it was stupid, but i like it better now, that i got it new.

• Like 2

On 19/10/2022 at 20:25, nilorius said:

Public Your road worn bass pictures, add brand and model. Mine is 2003. made, refinished by black marker Fender Jaco artist jazz bass.

Fender-Jaco_2021_final.JPG

🤮 - As if the 'finish' wasn't bad enough, the pick guard screw holes just make it look worse IMHO.

Fretting a signature fretless seems like a pointless exercise. Like there aren't enough fretted basses in the world 🙄

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

19 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

🤮 - As if the 'finish' wasn't bad enough, the pick guard screw holes just make it look worse IMHO.

Fretting a signature fretless seems like a pointless exercise. Like there aren't enough fretted basses in the world 🙄

I allready have a better liked fretless Ibanez GWB1005, so i had no fretted one I asked my luthier to fret my Jaco and it sounds great. Pickguard screws i made myself (bad or good), but currently i got a pickguard.

55 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Yeah, that really doesn't sell it for me either. If you're happy with it, I wish you good luck.

What could you buy, Squire vintera and say it's better ? And yes, i like it a lot, no fretted jazz bass heard better!!!!!!!

Edited by nilorius

10 minutes ago, nilorius said:

What could you buy, Squire vintera and say it's better ? And yes, i like it a lot, no fretted jazz bass heard better!!!!!!!

For what seems to be the millionth time, it's Squier, not Squire!

I would probably change the player rather than the bass 🤷‍♂️.

52 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

For what seems to be the millionth time, it's Squier, not Squire!

I would probably change the player rather than the bass 🤷‍♂️.

Probably, i would too - Yoo.

Edited by nilorius

6 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

It's a long-standing joke; more about it here...

Wikipedia ...

Disclaimer : I'm a drummer, so of course it needs more cowbell..! ;)

This came up at rehearsal the other day. I think the cowbell is much maligned and underused as a persuasion accessory. I love the way Clutch use it, although it’s usually the singer who is playing it. 

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker