Why become a member? ×

New Pheral basses from Alpher - look amazing!

LukeFRC

51 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

Oh great. Mortgage has sky rocketed, energy bills through the roof... And I've just read that these guys are based in North Yorkshire, where I was born and raised ... And they don't discriminate against left handers. Bad case of GAS setting in.

Are they not still in Saltaire/Shipley?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

Instagram just says "North Yorkshire". I darent look into this further in case it's on my way up to family visits!!

I only live in Halifax. It was seriously worrying how close they were!

I do like thaqt design - different, but still classy - (like the Nordstrand Acinonyx). Nice finishes and look too. Hmm....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, peteb said:

Yes, they're out in the countryside near Cross Hills. I've been out there a couple of times - lovely spot... 

Well that's no distance at all. That's just Outer Keighley ;)

Gah! Even the guitar is nice!

Edited by Daz39

Just now, peteb said:

I would think that Chris could probably make you a short scale version if you wanted one! 

Sure, but seems like they're batch built, so I guess it would depend what the demand/sell-through was like on them. 

We shall see.

Si

9 minutes ago, Sibob said:

Sure, but seems like they're batch built, so I guess it would depend what the demand/sell-through was like on them. 

We shall see.

Si

Of course, but maybe worth a chat. Chris is a very helpful chap and talking to him might help him to gauge demand. 

Personally, I prefer this shape to the usual ones they produce! 

So I've been chatting to Chris at Alpher (Pheral!) asking some questions about these new beasts. Here's what I've learned:

- The price will be £1495, which includes the lovely metallic finishes shown in their instagram post. Natural oil finish is also available for the same price if preferred. This is a lower price point than the rest of the Alpher line with fewer options available as a result.

- There are three pickup types to choose from, all made by TV Jones. The "Thunder Tron", "Thunder Mag" and "Thunder Blade" - The Mag is a P-style pup whereas the Tron and Blade are humbuckers. The differences between them can be seen & heard at https://tvjones.com/bass-pickups . I'm loving the sound samples!

- Wiring layout for basses with with either the "Tron" or "Blade" installed will be Volume, Tone and a coil tap switch. On basses loaded with the "Mag" it'll be Volume, Tone and a kill switch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CameronJ said:

- The price will be £1495, which includes the lovely metallic finishes shown in their instagram post. Natural oil finish is also available for the same price if preferred. This is a lower price point than the rest of the Alpher line with fewer options available as a result

That is cheap for an alpher!

• Like 1