Why become a member? ×

Membership Map

Oddly

23 hours ago, Matt P said:

Anyone who tries this with my tagged location will only find a great pint of beer or a delicious curry! (or an excellent Italian meal if they wander down the road a bit. 

Similarly end up on the platform of my local railway station

I've duly managed to get myself included on the alphabetical list but any effort I make to see who is close to me seems impossible as the UK is crowded out with pins. Am I missing something, is there a way to see who is close by to me?

Also, how come there are 2 USA's shown but only 1 UK, is it like a parallel universe or a twin neck bass...?

@yorks5stringer you should be able to zoom right down to street level.  From a quick look at the map, it just seems you're the only bass in a 50-mile radius.

As for the 2 USAs thing, if you zoom out enough, there's actually 6!

God help us.

On the issue raised above about leaving yourself open to robbery...or homeless bassists turning up on your doorstep for tea and toast...I do strongly urge vagueness in pinning yourself.

6 hours ago, Oddly said:

@yorks5stringer you should be able to zoom right down to street level.  From a quick look at the map, it just seems you're the only bass in a 50-mile radius.

God help us.

On the issue raised above about leaving yourself open to robbery...or homeless bassists turning up on your doorstep for tea and toast...I do strongly urge vagueness in pinning yourself.

@yorks5stringer and I are much closer than 50 miles! 

14 hours ago, Oddly said:

God help us.

Duh, seems so obvious now you mention it, thanks!

8 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

We often go for a drive that takes in Kilmington, Stourhead and Gasper Woods. Nowt but a few miles to Zeals. You live in Zeals, does that make you a Zealot ( bet that's not the first time you've heard that).

It's lovely round here isn't it, we live in a fantastic part of the world. 

I often walk the woods around Stourhead, I should investigate Gasper too.

I'm the only person I've heard use that phrase!

28 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

It's lovely round here isn't it, we live in a fantastic part of the world. 

I often walk the woods around Stourhead, I should investigate Gasper too.

I'm the only person I've heard use that phrase!

If you know where the water wheel is just past Stourhead, you can walk from there all the way up to Alfred's Tower, have a snack at Alpine Coffee Caravan and return via a slightly different route.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrtcat said:

Haha good call. I'm in Whittlebury so it's good to hear there are other basschat members in the shire.

Two in adjoining villages is pretty good going. I wonder if there are any in the same street…

see you in the Fox and Hounds or The White Horse……