Why become a member? ×

Basses and guitars as furnishings

I think guitars and basses are objects of art as well as musical instruments. 

On 27/05/2022 at 00:03, gjones said:

I bought a double bass about 4 years ago, as I felt I should learn to play one. It's spent most of it's time in the corner of my living room (which is the only place I have room for it) where it looks great.

When people come into the house the first thing they do is mention the DB, it's become a conversation starter.

Every home should have one.

image.thumb.png.d28156e1c286a501512f4a38d7d1c1c9.png

I too bought an EUB in the 2018 to learn to play double bass, and whilst putting it in the corner of the room was a practical place for me to keep it and practice, It also looks good as an item of decoration. 

Classico_IMG_0437.jpg

Edited by jazzyvee
  • Like 3

Need to dig this one out & stick it on the wall, maybe with some colour changing LEDs behind it.

pink1200.thumb.jpg.dff4fa9278980e35f71954fbbfc4274f.jpg

It'll never be played in anger - it's utterly back-breaking and the neck's a piece of trash the shape of the fat end of a baseball bat.

It'll look great hanging up though. Assuming it doesn't pull the wall down.

• Like 2

I saw a bit of a wayne Rooney documentry once and he had several guitars hanging up. He was asked did he play? but admitted he didnt, he was given them as gifts from other famous people such as Noel Gallagher. I remember thinking what a waste.

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:

Yeah apparently Noel made especially sure to give him a guitar in City colours.

I think Colleen Rooney asked Noel to sign Wayne's Gibson. 

So Noel stripped it down dunked it in a bucket of sky blue emulsion and signed it 'Happy Birthday Spongebob, next time you want something signing send us round your Bentley!' Or something like that. 🤣

• Haha 1

On 08/06/2022 at 07:04, Richard R said:

Very nice indeed. Did you bring that to the Midlands Bass Bash a few years back?

Yes actually i did bring it along and nervously let some of the attendees play it. I didn't know how to operate it back then, but i have gigged a few times with it since. Out of interest, is there another one  happening this year?

Edited by jazzyvee