Why become a member? Ɨ

New Short Scale BFR Stingray

drTStingray

This is a new Short Scale Stingray BFR recently offered - appears to be available in the on line shop (The Vault) - rather nice - deep breath before looking at the price šŸ˜€

Ā 

https://shop.music-man.com/ernie-ball-music-man-short-scale-stingray-4-bombshell.html

Ā 

Iā€™m not interested in one of these personally, but did notice a couple of BFR Stingray 5s available for international purchaseā€¦ā€¦.. now if I hadnā€™t just incurred Ā£1200 damage wrecking an alloy wheel and brand new tyre hitting a brick in the road taking my car for service this morning aaaarrgh šŸ„“

Ā 

0D48E938-8F9A-41A0-ABCF-3F1FAF282D3A.thumb.jpeg.930b31dfdd82aa7f152b81e276034a49.jpeg

Edited by drTStingray
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ezbass said:

Link seems to have gone a bit weird for me, but I got there in the end. Yep, thatā€™s pricey.

Ā 

Anyone else having an issue with the link, try thisĀ https://shop.music-man.com/ernie-ball-music-man-short-scale-stingray-4-bombshell.html

Iā€™ve fixed the link - goodness knows why it added code!! Yeah agreed, pricey.Ā 
Ā 

I think from the Vault theyā€™ll be well cheaper than a dealer.Ā 

Thatā€™s cheap as chips!!

Iā€™ve just seen a EBMM Tim Commerford short scale in Guitar Guitar in Newcastle on the wall for Ā£3,695 w the actual f !!??

Canā€™t remember how much they were in the Vault but it was no where near that?

On their Website here

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Adee
  • Thanks 1

"well Mr Ball, I've been all over Talk bass and I think I know what will make people like this next bass..."
"What is it?"
"Tortoiseshell! They lap it up."
"Pickguard? that's easy"
"Trust me boss, they stick tort on anything over there"
"Well we're the Ball family - we don't do things by half- how about we do tort inlays too!"
"Oooh lets go for it"
"really?"
"yes, lets do the binding too"Ā 
"oh yeah"Ā 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, bloke_zero said:

I wonder how the binding will weather over the years?

I guess no worse than a 1960s/70s Fender Jazz or Les Paul guitars. Ā Manufacturing techniques and materials are all light years ahead so they should be significantly better!!Ā 
Ā 

According to the thread on Talkbass these basses have already sold out!!Ā 

Edited by drTStingray

Decent enough body (as it's been for the last 40 years), but that neck is hideous! All the wrong spec!Ā šŸ¤¢Ā  (other than the 30", shortscale is fine)

Ā 

Si

Edited by Sibob

Just now, Lfalex v1.1 said:

Bleugh.Ā šŸ¤®

I don't like tort at the best of times,Ā  but binding and inlays? What possessed them?

Hopefully this won't become a fashion or I'll have to give up playing altogether in order to avoid ever coming into contact with one.Ā 

Ā 

Yep makes my eyes bleed

I watched the review from The Bass Channel and I can honestly say, if you like the sound of a MusicMan but want a short scale. Don't buy here.

Ā 

It just lacks that signature tone everyone knows and for the price, I'd be utterly disappointed. Even for a Sterling. I think you'd find other brands and designs that would offer more for less money.Ā