Why become a member? ×

NBD: Fender Road Worn Jazz

ossyrocks

Well, the noob got another bass yesterday!

My Precision is set up with flats, so I wanted something else to set up with rounds. 

This Road Worn Jazz Bass cropped up on ebay reasonably close to me and we met halfway yesterday so I could pick it up.

It was in desperate need of a setup though, but a tweak of the truss rod took the bow out of the neck, then  a little bridge height and intonation adjustment and it now plays wonderfully.

It's a very lightweight bass, I haven't weighed it yet, but I reckon it's around the 8 lbs mark.

I also took the opportunity to polish out the dull finish with Virtuoso Guitar Cleaner. I know these basses come with a satin finish, but I've never seen an actual vintage bass with such a dull finish, so now it's a bit more gloss.

Has anyone else got an opinion on these Road Worns?

Anyway, the pictures!

Cheers,

Rob

IMG_0419.JPEG

IMG_0420.JPEG

IMG_0421.JPEG

IMG_0422.JPEG

• Like 11

Fantastic bass and love the colour also! 

I nearly bought one of these ages ago but ended up with one of the Modern Player Telecaster Basses instead just because it was more 'different' then what my friends had at the time. However, did try one out and it was a pleasure to play and sounded very nice.

Enjoy! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NT1991 said:

Fantastic bass and love the colour also! 

I nearly bought one of these ages ago but ended up with one of the Modern Player Telecaster Basses instead just because it was more 'different' then what my friends had at the time. However, did try one out and it was a pleasure to play and sounded very nice.

Enjoy! 

Cheers. I'm really new to bass, so once I got this set up, I realised just how effortless it is to play. The action is low, it's balanced, it's light, and it's just so comfortable.

I'm now on a mission to make my Precision equally lovely to play. The neck will be coming off shortly!

• Like 1

Just now, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Sweetest Jazz I ever played. Sadly mine was a bit of a Friday afternoon special and had a massive gap in the neck pocket so I had to return it, but the tone and feel was lovely.

I guess things like that can happen with any instrument, even custom shop.

This one is pretty tight, in fact I had to gently work the neck out and then back into the pocket it's so snug.

• Like 1