Why become a member? ×

Incoming new amp day GK 2001RB

0175westwood29

26 minutes ago, danbowskill said:

Nice! I always wanted the 2001RB.

I had the 1001 and new 800 legacy both could go far too loud into my 610 playing in a drop tuned sludge band. 2001 could be overkill.... But i imagine it will have a different/better kind of  punch to the other GK's on lower settings?

maybe in bridge mode but ill mostly be using it on side at a time, so only about 300 or so watts, just want an amp that cam basically run any speaker setup i have be that a 410 115 , 215, 2x 215 or 215 810

49 minutes ago, 0175westwood29 said:

Why not 

There must be PA support out front for the drums to get a good mix. Since there is PA support for drums the excess bass must be cut from the PA resulting in muddy mess of FOH and stage wash bass.

All the extra bass on stage gets into the drum mics. More mud.

Everyone turns up to hear themselves, yet more mud out front.

15 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

There must be PA support out front for the drums to get a good mix. Since there is PA support for drums the excess bass must be cut from the PA resulting in muddy mess of FOH and stage wash bass.

All the extra bass on stage gets into the drum mics. More mud.

Everyone turns up to hear themselves, yet more mud out front.

Ok I was joking, the only time I’d actually use two big cabs would be in a project I have that’s just me and a drummer, having a 300w 215 set up isn’t that excessive really 

I was never impressed with Flea's tone, and I think it was that association with GK which coloured my opinion of them.

Until I was at one of the SW Bass Bashes, and I played through @silverfoxnik (?) GK amp and it sounded awesome. The low mid control was especially effective.

Edited by MacDaddy
autocorrect!

The best sound I ever had was with a 700RB II and 2 Ashdown ABM MAG410 cabs. Unfortunately the only time that I could use it was with a really loud rock back with 3 guitarists all trying to be louder than each other.

Not really the sort of thing that you need for a typical wedding gig

1 hour ago, casapete said:

Another GK fan here. Started with an 800RB (which I still have), and have had a 700RB II and currently use the 1001RBII. All great amps IMHO, and am sure the big daddy 2001 will be awesome. Enjoy!

Yeh I’m really happy I took the leap in getting the 2001 over the 1001, now to grab a long midi cable and get that drive channel into the board sounds 

• Like 1

Lots of big cabs give a kind of OOOOOMPH which small clever cabs with super efficient speakers cannot. The most exciting notes I played were through an EV1516 paired with a Warwick 6x10. All sorts of multiple speaker mismatching going on. It was just a solid wall of warmth. Not the volume, just that much air moving. 2 x 2x15 cabs in tandem would be lovely.

• Like 1