Why become a member? ×

New Trace Elliot amp

Merton

Make certain sure that the amp will actually work on 240V 50Hz before you plug it in. A lot of amps aimed at the US market are not. If the amp will work on on 240V it will say so near the IEC socket. There may also be a switch that will need to be changed to allow for UK mains.

Edited by BassmanPaul
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BassmanPaul said:

Make certain sure that the amp will actually work on 240V 50Hz before you plug it in. A lot of amps aimed at the US market are not. If the amp will work on on 240V it will say so near the IEC socket. There may also be a switch that will need to be changed to allow for UK mains.

Already had the right fuses ready to go and flicked the switch before doing anything else 🤓

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, BillyBass said:

I occasionally practise through a Barefaced One10 and my Elf.  They really are a good pairing.  I bet your Two10 and the new 1200w Trace are going to sound sublime.

They really do. So far it seems to prefer passive basses but that just needs a bit of tweaking and I haven’t really got enough time for that right now. It’s a good start, the natural tone is more musical to me than the “EQ at 0” on the Glockenklang but it will take time to work out if that’s just “new amp syndrome” kicking in.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Deedee said:

I bet Russ’s mailbox is pinging like a pinball machine! 😂😂😂

Surprisingly not... happy to be an occasional freight forwarder though. :D

I miss Bass Bashes. Last one I was at was, like, 10 years ago. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BassmanPaul said:

Gawd!  I'd love to be there to share both memories and ideas. I think it would be a pile of fun!

I've not heard of the like here in the Toronto area. :(

So organize one yourself Paul. I live fairly far from any urban area but several people from 4 hours or further away showed up at many of the ones I put on. I even flew to the other US coast for one, although it wasn't the only reason for that trip.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BassmanPaul said:

On Talkbass there is a gentleman who I was fond of called Passingwind.  I got kicked off the site for trying to warn people in the US what Trump was trying to do. :(

I know that guy Paul, he keeps looking back at me in the mirror every morning. Stalker freak! 😉

Many of us who are still over there miss you, all the best to you and yours.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Passinwind said:

I know that guy Paul, he keeps looking back at me in the mirror every morning. Stalker freak! 😉

Many of us who are still over there miss you, all the best to you and yours.

Thank you. I miss the Guys and Gals on Talkbass:)

Does this mean you are Charlie?

Edited by BassmanPaul