Why become a member? ×

Things to never do ...

OldGit

[quote name='Oscar South' post='445730' date='Mar 26 2009, 10:00 AM']A good prank is to tune a lead singers/rhythm guitarists guitar up by a semitone then everyone else play up by one semitone as well, and watch them try to hit the high notes.[/quote]

Put an even layer of talcum powder onto the snare drum.

Paint the outside of the lead vocalist's mic bulb with that anti-nailbiting stuff.

Take all of the innards out of the guitarist's amp head, and fill it with angry wasps instead.

[size=1]Actually, that last one may be a bit extreme. Or not, depending on your guitarist.[/size]

[quote name='OldGit' post='445679' date='Mar 26 2009, 08:54 AM']Saw this on another forum about blues harps

"One more on your 'never' list...
6. Never p155 off the band and leave the harps lying around whilst you step out of the rehearsal room."

:)
What's your tip?[/quote]
I've heard this this happened to Van Morrison.

[quote name='OldGit' post='445679' date='Mar 26 2009, 08:54 AM']Saw this on another forum about blues harps

"One more on your 'never' list...
6. Never p155 off the band and leave the harps lying around whilst you step out of the rehearsal room."

What's your tip?[/quote]

If you're Glen Matlock, never eat a baguette that's been in the same room as Steve Jones.

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='445911' date='Mar 26 2009, 12:47 PM']I've heard this this happened to Van Morrison.[/quote]
Surely not. Happy smiling Van, the jolly man with a kind word & compliment for everyone?
*cough*

[quote name='Rich' post='445899' date='Mar 26 2009, 12:37 PM']Take all of the innards out of the guitarist's amp head, and fill it with angry wasps instead.[/quote]
Do they have to be angry? How about 'mildy irritated' ? Only I'll have to separate them accord to the level of 'angst' displayed.

Erm... superglue all the guitarist plectrums together.

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='445911' date='Mar 26 2009, 12:47 PM']....I've heard this this happened to Van Morrison....[/quote]
A certain well known sax player I believe! And there's a (true) story about Steve Hackett and a Pizza..... I feel ill just typing that!!!

[quote name='OldGit' post='446076' date='Mar 26 2009, 03:19 PM']ho ho well you would, wouldn't you ...[/quote]

I know a guy who had the unfortunate job of engineering a studio session with Van Morrison - 'a total c**t' was about the best thing he could say about him...

everyone poop on the singer's mic- I mean air poop, not stool

Open up the back of the guitarist's guitar and put blocks of wood in to stop the whammy from working and wait until the next solo.

Everyone play a song in a different key to the person that you're trying to annoy.

hide a piece of smelly cheese in the back of the guitarist's amp.

[quote name='tauzero' post='446104' date='Mar 26 2009, 03:36 PM']Every time I see the thread title "Things to never do", I think "split infinitives".[/quote]

To boldly split infinitives has been OK for a while now ...
Language moves on.
Oxford commas are too .. If Saint Lynne Truss says it's OK then that's fine with me :)

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='446304' date='Mar 26 2009, 06:46 PM']To boldly split infinitives has been OK for a while now ...
Language moves on.
Oxford commas are too .. If Saint Lynne Truss says it's OK then that's fine with me :)[/quote]

You mean 'if Saint Lynne Truss says it's OK, then that's fine with me'

;-)