Why become a member? ×

BASSISACE

[quote name='BASSISACE' post='441689' date='Mar 22 2009, 01:35 PM']Hello all

He's a picture of my four Kubicki Ex-Factors.

White '86, Red '88, Rock Maple Fretless '93, Black '08
All 6 position, 86 & 88 pre Fender, 93 & 08 post fender, all full Kubicki's

I got the black 08 one last year direct from Phil himself brand new, about a years waiting in the queue.
He's still on the go, producing these masterpieces one at a time, get your orders in.

It's horses for courses, everyone has their perfect bass that suites them and Kubicki Ex-Factors have got to be mine.
(along with my new Shuker JJB1)

I know 4 four is greedy & depriving other people, but tuff....these things are the sooo good that I needed 4 !!!

Enjoy, all the best

BASSISACE[/quote]

I remember trying one of these. Amazing multiple laminated maple neck. How many pieces of maple in a neck? They felt easy to play. Good to hear they are still made

I used to have 2, one by Phil and one from the Fender custom shop. Lovely basses, always created a stir when I gigged :). I gotta say though, the Fender one had better electronics and was tidier inside.

Apart from the weight the only issue I had was that the lever that release the E string for the D, loses tension after a number of years and creates fret buzz all down the string. Have you experienced this? My custom build has the drop D but hopefully has rectified this.

Never had a problem with either extension key on my Kubicki's, one is 20 years old, the other 21, maybe yours has been used more. I'm sure Phil has a fix for this if there is a problem, just like he has for most things. Back in the days when the internet was an undiscovered gem to me (92/93) and Newsgroups were the way forward, I contacted Phil as I had a problem with my Fender/Kubicki neck and had read on a newsgroup on The Bottom Line that there were a batch of around 200 Fender Kubickis that were made in 1989 that weren't sealed properly. Lo and behold mine was one of those, rang Phil, he confirmed it, sent the neck off and he overhauled it, new fret job, slimmer neck as per my wishes, turned round in 4-6 weeks.

Splendid chap.

Mike

[quote name='Mike Brooks' post='442349' date='Mar 23 2009, 12:44 PM']Never had a problem with either extension key on my Kubicki's, one is 20 years old, the other 21, maybe yours has been used more. I'm sure Phil has a fix for this if there is a problem, just like he has for most things. Back in the days when the internet was an undiscovered gem to me (92/93) and Newsgroups were the way forward, I contacted Phil as I had a problem with my Fender/Kubicki neck and had read on a newsgroup on The Bottom Line that there were a batch of around 200 Fender Kubickis that were made in 1989 that weren't sealed properly. Lo and behold mine was one of those, rang Phil, he confirmed it, sent the neck off and he overhauled it, new fret job, slimmer neck as per my wishes, turned round in 4-6 weeks.

Splendid chap.

Mike[/quote]
+1 on Phil. I got in touch with the company a couple of times about various things, and Phil replied personally.