Jump to content
Cosmo Valdemar

New Rickenbacker bass?!

Recommended Posts

Don't understand why they won't reproduce the 4005 bass due to cost but but are then happy to come out with this? Anyway, would love to hear this! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Needs to come with a gallon of petrol and a box of matches....

I thought that this was a Rick free site???

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooh... is that a 481 next to it? About bloody time.

And about time they reissued the 4005 too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Needs to come with a gallon of petrol and a box of matches....

I thought that this was a Rick free site???

Wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AndyTravis said:

Where are these posted then?

ah Instagram 

I saw them on Facebook. No more details at the moment. Shall we place our bets on the price?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cosmo Valdemar said:

I saw them on Facebook. No more details at the moment. Shall we place our bets on the price?

£5000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Wonder if Shaftesbury are going to sue them...

Was about to say that!

It's a pretty thing, would look nice with gold plastics.

Will not be buying.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

I saw them on Facebook. No more details at the moment. Shall we place our bets on the price?

Don't forget to include a tenner for the gallon of petrol and box of matches...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Was about to say that!

It's a pretty thing, would look nice with gold plastics.

Will not be buying.

Short scale. And probably £7500.

will not be buying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice!

I've always preferred the 360 shape to the 330- and the 4005 is kind of the 360 bass. As Clint says, due to the long standing demand, why not a 4005? With this it almost feels like intentionally baiting 4005 fans!

Nevertheless, it's a looker alright, and no doubt has a similar sound to the 4005.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jus Lukin said:

Very nice!

I've always preferred the 360 shape to the 330- and the 4005 is kind of the 360 bass. As Clint says, due to the long standing demand, why not a 4005? With this it almost feels like intentionally baiting 4005 fans!

Nevertheless, it's a looker alright, and no doubt has a similar sound to the 4005.

It’s called, apparently...a 4005 cx 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

It’s called, apparently...a 4005 cx 

c(lose but) x (cigar)? 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to be in love, I want to be irrational...

but I can’t get past short scale, or the inevitable king’s ransom price...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you say short scale, do you mean 33.5", or 30"? I can't seem to find the details!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jus Lukin said:

When you say short scale, do you mean 33.5", or 30"? I can't seem to find the details!

Compared to the guitar next to it, and the bridge placement...it’s a 30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...