Why become a member? ×

New Empress pedals - smaller too!

fretmeister

• 4 weeks later...

At this price they are in direct competition  with the Cali 76 compact' which is the best I've heard & used.. Interestingly they have the H. P. F in a side chain also... I do like the monitoring illuminations.... Will have to demo it sometime.... & they have added a grit/ grind element which I find  interesting also....  it all comes down to our ears in the end & just what we find a pleasing fatness if you will. 

Edited by paulo m
  • Like 1

I love my Cali76CB but this has really got me interested. It's got similar yet more features than the Cali. The seperate attack/release and a switch for the most useful Ratios. I really like the inclusion of the colour switch too,a nice touch. You can add other things to the sidechain too! Very handy. And let's not forget the metering,bet the Cali is sweating now 😂

Very much want to try one of these.

Edited by lee650
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, just bought one, and now requested return,, after my mate sent me this email Empress sent him...

Last Friday, a customer sent us a video of an issue with their new Empress Bass Compressor. When using a passive bass, their compressor made a clicking noise when the LEDs at -1dB and -2dB turned on and off. After freaking out for a bit, we confirmed the issue and got to work. Over the weekend we came up with a simple fix which involves replacing the ribbon cable with a custom flex PCB.

The issue does not affect the Empress Compressor MKII. It is only apparent on the Bass Compressor when you are using a high-impedance output like passive pickups. As a workaround until you get the fix, a buffer in front of the compressor will make the clicks inaudible.

We should be receiving the flex PCBs the week of the 14th. While we are confident the fix will work, we’ll still need to test them extensively to be sure. If it works as planned, we’ll be able to ship them out the week of the 21st. This being 2020, there’s a chance the flex PCBs don’t fix the issue and our only option is to replace everyone’s Bass Compressor. If that’s the case, that’s what we’ll do. 

If you bought directly from us, no need to contact us. If you bought from a dealer, you can fill out this form. In either case, we’ll be sending you the fix ASAP, along with instructions on swapping out the ribbon cable.

To say this is embarrassing is an understatement. We pride ourselves on doing good work, and we’ll be reflecting hard on how we let such a simple error slip through our design process. My sincere apologies for any extra hassle this adds to your 2020.

Steve Bragg

Owner, Empress Effects

Copyright © 2020 Empress Effects, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in via our website.

Our mailing address is:
Edited by Chiliwailer

12 hours ago, Chiliwailer said:

Quoting Empress, While we are confident the fix will work, we’ll still need to test them extensively to be sure. 

I would hope you do test them, something you obviously didn't do the first time around. It's not like your prices are at the budget end......