karlfer

Sold. Sandberg California 1, VM4, Soft Core Aged, 2016, metallic blue
£1000
Darlington

Posted (edited)

NOW £950 cash price (collected or meet within 100 miles of Darlington)

£950 couriered IF  buyer organises & pays for courier

£1100 trade value.

2016, with Sandberg gig bag, OR cheapo, flimsier than the Fender version (but good condition) tweed style hard case.

The colour is similar to the Mark 11 Steve Harris Precision

Weight  8lb 6oz. Hand aged by Sandberg's staff. This spec on a Mark 11 would be over £1700.

Plek'd, zero fret, 40mm nut, so between P & J specs, vol (active/passive, push/pull), pan, treble (which also acts as a tone control in passive mode), bass.

6 bolt Canadian Rock Maple neck, rosewood board, light Ash body. I bought some sticky marker dots for the fretboard, but didn't need them. They are included in the sale.

I gig share in a band so I'm not going to be out much when we finally return. 3 very expensive basses is a luxury I don't need at the moment, hence the sale.

Will meet within 100 mile radius of Darlington, social distancing to be observed. NO BOX to courier in, sorry.

Lovely bass, reluctant sale so please don't think anybody will hammer me down, happy to keep it for a while yet.

Feedback linked at end of advert, keep safe & thanks for looking.

A.JPG

B.JPG

C.JPG

D.JPG

E.JPG

F.JPG

G.JPG

H.JPG

I.JPG

J.JPG

K.JPG

L.JPG

M.JPG

N.JPG

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 7

Lovely stuff that. Ive been on the lookout for just this spec of older (better) shape PM for ages. If I was closer its take this off you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cLepto-bass said:

Lovely stuff that. Ive been on the lookout for just this spec of older (better) shape PM for ages. If I was closer its take this off you.

Happy to meet outside Carlisle or Berwick for a definite sale 🙂

Lovely looking bass Karl.  Buy with confidence.  

Still have the black Fender/Status bass you sold me.

• Like 1

Thats a stunner mate, but your killing me with the p bass 😢😢😉🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pbasspecial said:

Lovely looking bass Karl.  Buy with confidence.  

Still have the black Fender/Status bass you sold me.

Cheers Paul hope you're ok fella, yup, that was one more I shouldn't have sold 😆

5 hours ago, AnalogBomb said:

Ooof. That is lovely, Karl! 

Deal with confidence folks! Karl is a top bloke.

You only know that because you are a fellow gear whore Jonny 😂

4 hours ago, Bassbandit said:

Thats a stunner mate, but your killing me with the p bass 😢😢😉🤣

Sorry,  the LE Roasted Blues is going nowhere for a long time to come. So quit stalking me 😂😂

• Haha 1

All PM's replied.

Apparently "sale only" means feel free to offer any trade you fancy 😆

I was admittedly rather tempted by a classy looking Stingray. Oops.

What’s the reasoning behind the reversed P pickup in their 2-pickup models when the single-pickup version has it in standard configuration? And how does it differ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quatschmacher said:

What’s the reasoning behind the reversed P pickup in their 2-pickup models when the single-pickup version has it in standard configuration? And how does it differ?

Tightens up the lower strings a little in their sound and their M or J models provide some clarity to help it bite through the mix.

The VS4 was left as is, probably to stay traditional.

Their Forty Eight is not 2 humbuckers but a VM configuration like the bass listed above, but sounds different likely due to slight positional variance and body wood mass

Tonal variation across the range is what it gives 

• Thanks 1

I have to add that VM4 is actually Hölgers fave bass

• Like 1

Lovely looking bass that.... Karl is a top geezer as well...deal with confidence.

• Like 1

On 19/05/2020 at 20:36, karlfer said:

Cheers Paul hope you're ok fella, yup, that was one more I shouldn't have sold 😆

You only know that because you are a fellow gear whore Jonny 😂

Sorry,  the LE Roasted Blues is going nowhere for a long time to come. So quit stalking me 😂😂

What about if i buy them both 🤷‍♂️ 🤣😂 cant blame a man for trying 😜

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Bassbandit said:

What about if i buy them both 🤷‍♂️ 🤣😂 cant blame a man for trying 😜

Yes I  can 😂

11 hours ago, thedontcarebear said:

This is tempting, must resist.

No you mustn't 😆

Posted (edited)
There follows a copy & paste from my Facebook advert, couple of guys discussing this bass. All public domain, on my sales advert.

Gary Abell That’s my old bass 👍
Alan Jolliffe She's a beauty
Gary Abell Alan Jolliffe really sorry I let it go but the pull of the 69 custom shop P was too much and couldn’t justify both , it truly is a stunning bass used it in loads of studios sounds awesome, someone’s getting a killer bass there 

Alan Jolliffe Gary Abell if times were different my name could well be on this.... my mate plays Sandbergs and can't speak highly enough of them.... as my band's not gigging at mo can't justify buying another bass even if I sold my other 2 to fund it . 
no gigs means no new basses. She is a beaut tho

Nice words indeed 🙂
Edited by karlfer

Now that is a colour! Lovely!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Gob smacked noones took the plunge with this one yet. Stunning colour body and the neck shades spot on. And whats not to like about MM + p pups. If there was such a thing, this would be called military spec, fully armed to the teeth, for any battle, breaking through any frontline (mix) with thunder 🤣

Edited by Bassbandit
Retarded
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bassbandit said:

Gob smacked noones took the plunge with this one yet. Stunning colour body and the neck shades spot on. And whats not to like about MM + p pups. If there was such a thing, this would be called military spec, fully armed to the teeth, for any battle, breaking through any frontline (mix) with thunder 🤣

Lots of trade offers.

3 folk "if I can sell X in time".

I may be able to courier by the end of the week, however if it doesn't go in the next few days I may remove & keep it.

You might think I'm a bit of a ******* for not selling the LE Roasted, but once I withdraw they usually stay that way.

Ask the two lads who regularly mail me about my CS Dusty Hill. Withdrawn about 2 years ago & staying that way 😁

9 minutes ago, karlfer said:

Lots of trade offers.

3 folk "if I can sell X in time".

I may be able to courier by the end of the week, however if it doesn't go in the next few days I may remove & keep it.

You might think I'm a bit of a ******* for not selling the LE Roasted, but once I withdraw they usually stay that way.

Ask the two lads who regularly mail me about my CS Dusty Hill. Withdrawn about 2 years ago & staying that way 😁

Nah not at all mate, us musicians are creatures of a higher power. Who knows what drives us 🤣. If it hadnt have been for this shitty virus i would be looking at it, but in context i,m only without a bass, many have have lost much more through this. Sure as hell one will come up sooner or later buddy. Hope this goes for you. Top man

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Still currently here although I will be making a decision on this bass soonish.

Edited by karlfer

NOW £950 cash price (collected or meet within 100 miles of Darlington)

£950 couriered IF  buyer organises & pays for courier

£1100 trade value.

• Like 1

Last bump kinda thing.

Now on FeeBay at £1100 BIN including UK mainland delivery (they have a £1 final fee offer on 😄).

• Like 1