Why become a member? ×

Precision GAS, around the £600 mark...update!

Raslee

10 hours ago, Kevsy71 said:

Too right Stew! Lee, I love mine - sounds immense with either the stock Elite SS or  La Bella 760M deep talkin' flats - and I'm tempted to buy another so I don't have to keep string swapping!

Have to say, It’s a firm favourite at the moment. Going to give myself to the weekend to decide....if I last that long. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ClassicVibes said:

If you're concerned about weight, I would go for a Sandberg Electra VS4. Tiny bit over budget but I've never played a 'heavy' Sandberg. 

Bugger...i was so almost there with the Bass Collection Profile and then you mention the S.... word, i thought they'd be out of my price range. I've recently got a 5 string Sandberg off here and I have to say I adore it, one my favourite basses I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

£618 on Thomann, in the price range....aw shucks!

74791499_Screenshot2020-04-30at16_45_15.thumb.jpg.8f0bd7f02cc111459c49cf062d08bc05.jpg

1 hour ago, Raslee said:

Whilst i really love the Sandberg I've now deducted it from my brain space. I've decided simple & passive!

There are some passive VS4s around too.  This one used to be mine some years ago.

2106136705_SandbergCaliforniaVS401.thumb.jpg.c0d6ff8c677dd0beffb442ac871bfe52.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Raslee said:

Bugger...i was so almost there with the Bass Collection Profile and then you mention the S.... word, i thought they'd be out of my price range. I've recently got a 5 string Sandberg off here and I have to say I adore it, one my favourite basses I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

£618 on Thomann, in the price range....aw shucks!

74791499_Screenshot2020-04-30at16_45_15.thumb.jpg.8f0bd7f02cc111459c49cf062d08bc05.jpg

Had no idea these could be had for that kind of money. Wow.

Hey bud,

If it helps, there's a nate mendel in facebook (probs here too) for £675.

I think Paul Walsh had the most gorgeous tangerine Limelight P recently - I wouldn't miss a chance for a Limelight though!

• Like 1

On 28/04/2020 at 21:49, ClassicVibes said:

G&L L-100 Tribute all day. Makes the Fender Player series look incredibly overpriced.

You’re right - it really needs something to make fenders  look overpriced, they’re don’t look that way when viewed on their own...

19 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Bugger the logo - how does she sound, how do you find the neck? 

It's not here yet 🤣...i only ordered yesterday. Not sure what the Bass center's turnaround is like, especially in the current pandemic.

Just now, Raslee said:

It's not here yet 🤣...i only ordered yesterday. Not sure what the Bass center's turnaround is like, especially in the current pandemic.

Oh mah gad. If I'm excited and it's not even my bass, you must be tap dancing down there