Why become a member? ×

The Skarbee Celinder Update J

Kiwi

[quote name='Scoop' post='422932' date='Mar 2 2009, 10:00 AM']Are you Auctioning this? Here? I thought that was against the rules.[/quote]

I think this provocative post is where it started. Some people have inferred from this that "auctions" are aginst Marketplace rules and posted their "concerns" accordingly, jumping on a pissy little bandwagon traveling on the wrong bloody road. These dudes wanted this argument for some reason I don't know about, personal issue with CK perhaps? I couldn't give a toss how someone sells their bass. Why would I? Why would YOU?

I can't see anything saying auctions are AGAINST THE RULES. Why would an auction-style sale be AGAINST THE RULES? Get real, people. CK is not the hypocrite here, it's those arguing about the [u]RULES[/u], without any foundation or wholesome reason. It looks purely personal to me.

I wish everyone would shake hands, forget this sh*t and let CK sell his bass, by whatever means, and for what the market will stand.

[quote name='silddx' post='426949' date='Mar 6 2009, 09:44 AM']I think this provocative post is where it started.[/quote]

It's interesting, isn't it, that when I posted my straightforwad question alluded to in the quote above that the OP was elusive, evasive and dismissive. We have all seen "auctions" moderated in the past and I suspect that the OP knew this and that tempered his response.

Now if you think that I'm going to go back and read every single post in the For Sale threads finding an example, an example that may have been "accidently deleted" or "lost due to hackers" in the not too distant past, then you're sadly mistaken.

I simply can't be arsed.

The fact that there's nothing to be found in the guidelines is immaterial - it has been moderated on in the past.

As for it being "provocative". Nonsense.

You should see me in lingerie if you want provocative.

[quote name='Scoop' post='426988' date='Mar 6 2009, 10:40 AM']....
I simply can't be arsed.

The fact that there's nothing to be found in the guidelines is immaterial - it has been moderated on in the past.
....[/quote]

If there's nothing in the guidelines, it's not against the rules and never has been and without finding an example (I've never seen anything and been on here longer) it looks like you're talking BS. If you're OK with that, fine.

IF there were repeated examples of for sale threads being moderated for being an auction, I can totally understand the issue here, but I don't think that's the case and no-one is willing to prove otherwise. I'm just sad that tBBC got caught out by your erroneous statement so that now I can no longer be amused by him.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='426993' date='Mar 6 2009, 10:43 AM'](I've never seen anything and [b]been on here longer[/b]) it looks like you're talking BS. If you're OK with that, fine.[/quote]

Just check that again, mate. Beat you by 9 days. :)

If I honestly thought I was talking bullshit, I'd own to it. I'm not.

And I agree, tBBC will be sorely missed.

[quote name='Scoop' post='427000' date='Mar 6 2009, 10:51 AM']Just check that again, mate. Beat you by 9 days. :)

If I honestly thought I was talking bullshit, I'd own to it. I'm not.

And I agree, tBBC will be sorely missed.[/quote]

Fine, I have more dots under my name so made an erroneous assumption. You wouldn't know anything about erroneous assumptions would you?

EDIT: Didn't mean that to sound as bitchy as it does, sorry! :rolleyes:

Edited by cheddatom

[quote name='cheddatom' post='427008' date='Mar 6 2009, 11:00 AM']Fine, I have more dots under my name so made an erroneous assumption. You wouldn't know anything about erroneous assumptions would you?

EDIT: Didn't mean that to sound as bitchy as it does, sorry! :)[/quote]

No offense taken whatsoever. I'm sufficiently thick skinned to be more internet proof than many around here including, it would seem, the OP.

I'm not looking to fall out with [i]anyone[/i] over this. I just saw a mod breaking the previously moderated conventions of his own site and knew he wouldn't be taken to task on it. I decided to step in and say something. I felt someone ought to.

His initial response to me kind of proved my point.

That's all I have to say. The point's been made, the thread's assumed a life of its own and I will go back to minding my own business.

I don't particularly want to get involved in this thread but have to say the point about whether it is an auction or not is a very important one.

If anyone makes an offer on the bass I think they deserve a YES or NO response as opposed to being put on hold until a better offer comes along personally.

I am probably one of the people that CK refers to as having offered £1500 as I did offer this amount a while ago but have since bought a Sadowsky.

As people have said this IS an auction and I dont think there is anything wrong with that as long as its stated up front.

On a more positive note the bass is a really great jazz and whoever buys it wont be disappointed. Anyone interested should have a word with Flanker also as he sold it to CK in the first place and knows all about it.

Please reinstate BBC also he is the funniest thing on this forum.

Steve

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='427050' date='Mar 6 2009, 11:48 AM']The bass has been sold, subject to payment.[/quote]

Yay! A resolution. Do we get to see what the gavel fell at? I take it my offer of £1501 was outbid?

[quote name='cheddatom' post='427032' date='Mar 6 2009, 11:31 AM']Well, I searched the marketplace for "auction" and couldn't find any moderated topics at all. Do deleted/locked threads not come up in searches?[/quote]

No they don't.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='427050' date='Mar 6 2009, 12:48 PM']The bass has been sold, subject to payment.[/quote]

Thanks !
Hope it lives up tot its reputation (would also be nice if things could be like they used to, before this whole discussion and every member as welcome as before)

[quote name='wombatboter' post='427063' date='Mar 6 2009, 12:01 PM']Thanks !
Hope it lives up tot its reputation (would also be nice if things could be like they used to, before this whole discussion and every member as welcome as before)[/quote]

...err... there was a bass for sale on this thread??

[quote name='Scoop' post='427019' date='Mar 6 2009, 11:12 AM']I just saw a mod breaking the previously moderated conventions of his own site and knew he wouldn't be taken to task on it.[/quote]
Correction. You saw a mod breaking [i]what you thought or assumed to be[/i] the previously moderated conventions of his own site. I've been here longer than you and Cheddatom put together, certainly if you include previous incarnations of this site, and I don't remember a single occurrence of a locked/banned 'auction'.

Incidentally, my congrats to whomever has bought this bass. It's the nicest Jazz of any sort that I've ever had the privilege of playing. It feels like a played-in 70s funk machine.

[quote name='Rich' post='427086' date='Mar 6 2009, 12:14 PM']Correction. You saw a mod breaking [i]what you thought or assumed to be[/i] the previously moderated conventions of his own site. I've been here longer than you and Cheddatom put together, certainly if you include previous incarnations of this site, and I don't remember a single occurrence of a locked/banned 'auction'.

Incidentally, my congrats to whomever has bought this bass. It's the nicest Jazz of any sort that I've ever had the privilege of playing. It feels like a played-in 70s funk machine.[/quote]

What? It plays like a Moog?

One of the reasons why I bought this bass (and other basses) is that life is already full with arguements and discussions about anything...Every now I then I deserve something as an antidote against all the crap I have to endure. This Celinder will make me forget certain things while I'm playing.
It would be nice that with the sale of this bass this whole topic thing stops and that we bring out the best in eachother..
So do me favour and don't make me see this bass as an object of discussions etc... I just want to play it.
Thanks and hope you all enjoy this site
best regards
Geert