Jump to content
taddy

hello from Merseyside

Recommended Posts

Hi my name is Dave,  i was originally a guitarist with a rock band well 2nd guitar to be precise

haven't played since the 80s we used to support headliners played pubs a few theatres 

and even toned it down for the club circuit.

recently met up with my old band members and we decided to start practicing again 

the bass player didn't rejoin so that left the lead guitarist drummer and me, so i volunteered to play bass

after all it couldn't be so hard? huh little did i know :)

guitars i own bass wise?

Squier / fender vintage modified jazz

Squier/fender classic vibe p bass

Epiphone IV Thunderbird (that's giving me grief at the moment)

and a 2005 american red and white Fender stratocaster 

also a member of talk bass but american times are crazy

they are in bed when i'm about and vice versa

so i look forward to talking bass, learning tricks, and improving myself as a bass player!

regards to all

Edited by taddy
correct spelling
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening, Dave, and ...

JziD0WZ.gif

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share. rWNVV2D.gif
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cheers Dad :) though at my age i reckon that's me!😜

thanks for your welcome👍 will look forward to spending some time here

regards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

:crigon_04:... and enjoy the forum.

cheers skankdelvar :) glad to be here

thanks for your welcome.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Teebs said:

Hiya Dave :crigon_04:

hiya Teebs cheers  :) glad to be here

thanks for your welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank Blank said:

Hello *waves*

Hi Frank 👍hope everyone is keeping safe👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Dave…but welcome anyway! My wife is sitting opposite me on the phone to her cousin in Wallasey right now. We would have been up there this weekend if this virus crap hadn't happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright Dave.

Thankfully, there's a bit more common sense on here than on the other well known bass forum. 😉😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/04/2020 at 18:39, edstraker123 said:

Hi Dave - welcome on board.

Ed.

Cheers fellow red :)

Yes glad to be here, thanks for the welcome Ed👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/04/2020 at 18:54, FinnDave said:

Another Dave…but welcome anyway! My wife is sitting opposite me on the phone to her cousin in Wallasey right now. We would have been up there this weekend if this virus crap hadn't happened.

Hiya Dave i used to work on birkenhead waterfront at the side of Cammel lairds, so i know the wirral and surrounding areas quite well :) thanks for the welcome👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/04/2020 at 10:24, Skybone said:

Alright Dave.

Thankfully, there's a bit more common sense on here than on the other well known bass forum. 😉😀

Ha ha agreed :) thanks for your welcome Skybone 👍 much appreciated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright La!  Welcome to the forum from an Expatriate Scouser now living Down South.

Friendly bunch on here (even the Mancs! 😉) and you can learn a heck of a lot from all sorts of people.

Unfortunately, you will also develop bad habits about "needing" more/better gear from seeing what other people on here have....that's the trade-off I'm afraid.  Worth it though.

Oh and another Red on here can only be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/04/2020 at 15:11, mangotango said:

Alright La!  Welcome to the forum from an Expatriate Scouser now living Down South.

Friendly bunch on here (even the Mancs! 😉) and you can learn a heck of a lot from all sorts of people.

Unfortunately, you will also develop bad habits about "needing" more/better gear from seeing what other people on here have....that's the trade-off I'm afraid.  Worth it though.

Oh and another Red on here can only be good.

Cheers Mango about needing more gear?:shok: just bought a set of 62 fender p base pups, a ibanez short scale  tbm 30

a blinkin boss rc3 loop foot pedal. loads of luthier stuff :) but on a brighter note thanks for your welcome, its good to be here, stay safe down there👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, taddy said:

just bought a set of 62 fender p base pups, a ibanez short scale  tbm 30

a blinkin boss rc3 loop foot pedal. loads of luthier stuff

That sounds interesting.  Might we see you putting up a thread in the Build Diaries soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/05/2020 at 11:35, SpondonBassed said:

That sounds interesting.  Might we see you putting up a thread in the Build Diaries soon?

That's quite possible :) but i already soldered the 62 pups into this and what a difference :)

 

cv.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, taddy said:

That's quite possible but i already soldered the 62 pups into this and what a difference

Cool.  What caught my eye though was this:

On 01/05/2020 at 21:19, taddy said:

loads of luthier stuff

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, taddy said:

That's quite possible :) but i already soldered the 62 pups into this and what a difference :)

cv.jpg

Gerrard appears to approve, albeit with abject coolness. A footballer possibly? “Jeeves, Google Gerrard would you, good man, I'll be in the library.”

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

Cool.  What caught my eye though was this:

i have always been decent at setting guitars up, fret leveling, sanding, intonation and generally straightening guitars out for people, i'm like i said just learning Bass and there's always stuff to do with a guitar? hence the tools :)

cheers spondon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/04/2020 at 20:09, taddy said:

Hi my name is Dave,  i was originally a guitarist with a rock band well 2nd guitar to be precise

haven't played since the 80s we used to support headliners played pubs a few theatres 

and even toned it down for the club circuit.

recently met up with my old band members and we decided to start practicing again 

the bass player didn't rejoin so that left the lead guitarist drummer and me, so i volunteered to play bass

after all it couldn't be so hard? huh little did i know :)

guitars i own bass wise?

Squier / fender vintage modified jazz

Squier/fender classic vibe p bass

Epiphone IV Thunderbird (that's giving me grief at the moment)

and a 2005 american red and white Fender stratocaster 

also a member of talk bass but american times are crazy

they are in bed when i'm about and vice versa

so i look forward to talking bass, learning tricks, and improving myself as a bass player!

regards to all

Welcome enjoy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Similar Content

    • By elliott_Þórunn
      Squier Jazzmaster Deluxe in perfect condition.

      This guitar is brand new, has only been played a couple of times and has no marks or signs of wear.

      This model is now discontinued I believe but I have read online that it's basically the same guitar as the Squier J Mascis signature Jazzmaster but in Candy Apple red, with the same satin rosewood neck and P90 style pickups.

      A socially distanced outdoor sale is preferred but I do still have the box so if the buyer wants to they can organise a courier collection. 

      Please note, the guitar doesn't come with a case.






    • By Sharkfinger
      Up for sale is my superb gigging PJ bass. I painstakingly built this up over a few years, trying out different combinations of bodies and pickups, centred around that superb Warmoth neck.
      Times they are a changin' and I’d like something shorter to practice with in my very small home office.
      This was superbly set up by Chris Ward of Bass Centre fame.  I even had him dress the fret ends.  It plays like an absolute dream and currently has an old set of GHS Pressurewounds that kinda sound like flats now.
      Will be sad to see it go.
      Here are the Specs:
      Neck: Warmoth USA
      Style:    Tele® Bass     Construction:    Super Bass Construction Scale:    34"     Orientation:    Right Handed     Neck Wood:    Roasted Maple Fingerboard Wood:    Indian Rosewood     Nut Width:    1-11/16"     Back Shape:    Slim Taper (about 21mm front-to-back at  nut) Stiffening Rods:    Graphite Rods  Fret Size:    6105     Tuner Ream:    Hipshot Ultra Lite (14mm)  Radius:    Straight 10"     Fret #:    21     Mounting Holes:    Standard 4 Bolt     Inlays:    Cream Face Dots     Side Dots:    White Side Dots     String Nut:    GraphTech Black TUSQ XL - Standard Nut  Finish: Tru-Oil (Gunstock Oil) finish (did this myself) Hipshot USA Ultralite Tuners Hipshot USA Ultralite Bass Xtender Hipshot String Retainer Body: Squier Affinity
      Original pickguard and bridge Copper shielding in pickup routes Seymour Duncan SPB-1 Pickup at neck Dimarzio UltraJazz (Split coil) at bridge.  Currently wired in series for high output, but you could put a toggle on the scratchplate for parallel. Kiogon wiring loom, with selector, vol, vol, tone. Weight of this bass is a very reasonable 3.75Kg.  There are a few minor scratches and a couple of dings here and there but nothing that jumps out.  Hit me up if you want close up pics of anything.
      Trade wise, I'm looking for a medium or short scale that's very light weight.  3.5Kg absolute maximum and preferably lighter. 
      Price is a firm £525 £450 plus delivery.  EDIT: That is the one and only price drop before being parted out.
      I estimate that insured, that will come out £40-50.  If you're local, you are welcome to look and try in a safe, socially distanced way, which probably means outside or in the garage.
      If this doesn't sell, I'd look to part it out but let's face it, no one wants that hassle and I've got at least 1 box I can use.  It would be such a shame to break this up, as it feels like these were meant to be together.
      Optionally, I can include the superb Mono M80 Case.  We'd have to work out a price for that.
       






       
       
       







       
       
    • By Woodinblack
      Local pickup price £200 - although can discuss that!
      I have made a decision to sell everything I am not gigging or at least using, and although I have gigged this a few time, and it sounds awesome for some songs, it is really missing a string for me so it probably needs to go. This might be the one I regret selling though, as I always wanted a thunderbird.
      This is the Epiphone Thunderbird Classic Pro IV, which means it is the one with the vintage brown finish (obviously) and is the neck through rather than the cheaper bolt on they do, and it is also the one with the Gibson pickups. It does sound pretty thunderous. Must admit I haven't gigged it with the ashdown valve head yet, might give that a try.
      Anyway, in generally ok condition, apart from a few dents on the head, which is normal for my basses, especially this where the head is so far away from you. It also has a scratch in the back which I have no idea how it got there as I don't wear a belt. Photos of both below though.
      Can pickup from Yeovil, or I can deliver for a reasonable distance, often go to Bristol / Bath / Exeter etc or can meet in the middle somewhere.
      Lacking boxes to post at the moment, but could do if I can find some. 
      Not looking to trade, trying to cut down on numbers
       

    • By howdenspur
      Used but tidy condition: now without a 3 point equipped Thunderbird, so surplus to requirements. Comes with 2 sets of bolts. £50 posted to UK.
      Thanks for looking



    • By horrorshowbass
      Purchased on reverb.
      Happy so far, fretboard was well used, gunky shall we say. Gave it a good clean and sanded the back of the neck a little and set up, plays well so far. Got for reduced price, now I know why! Seller was upfront to be fair. I'll give it a few weeks. These are beautiful basses, the white with maple neck and black pg is🤟
      Haven't fully played but nice to have active jazz for 250 quid!

×
×
  • Create New...