Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I met one of my heroes last night

hatori

Played at Fagins in Taffs Well in Wales last night and at the end had a really nice conversation with this short guy dressed all in denim with long dark hair. We talked about valve amps ,particularly Marshall majors of which it transpires he has a couple. So I say 'so you must be a bass player' at which he smiles and says yes. He went on to say some nice things about my band while I continued packing up. My guitarist comes over and says 'thats Burke and I say 'no he's a really nice guy'.......guitarist says 'no you twirp thats Burke Shelley'...then the penny dropped!! I went back over to him while he was signing autographs and apologised. In case you are wondering Burke Shelley is (still) the bass player for Budgie!! I wish I had a marker pen, he would have signed my Thunderbird. I shall never live that down!! Next time we go there I shall be penned up......that made my day.

[quote name='dood' post='408278' date='Feb 13 2009, 09:35 AM']Ahh! That's fantastic! I would have loved to have seen your face mate, when the penny dropped! Priceless! How was the gig? Ya have a good one?[/quote]
Im still laughing....yes it looked like it was going to be one of those 'one man and his dog' audiences but suddenly the place was rammed and they loved us. Looking forward to meeting him again, it appears thats his local.....two Marshall majors!!...in his loft!! Hope all is good with you.

Burke and me hang out ;)

He is very nice, even to people who have no idea who he is :P

He also has the ability to play the same £50's worth of cash converter sh*te gear we all play (at the jam sessions we hang out at) and make it sound better than classic vintage gear, without changing any settings .

Man's a genius ...

[quote name='Jase' post='408920' date='Feb 13 2009, 06:57 PM']Indeed! Have a blast of Whiskey River too, great distortion. I'd love to know what he used![/quote]
Thats phat amp cranking...its got to be..overdrive a underpowered head (I reckon a solid state) Don a Fender P, and rev it through a 2x15...ramp up the mids....

Oh I can smell the cheapo flock wallpaper in the rehearsal room..the beige school office seats...half filled ashtrays...

[quote name='ARGH' post='408933' date='Feb 13 2009, 07:02 PM']Thats phat amp cranking...its got to be..overdrive a underpowered head (I reckon a solid state) Don a Fender P, and rev it through a 2x15...ramp up the mids....

Oh I can smell the cheapo flock wallpaper in the rehearsal room..the beige school office seats...half filled ashtrays...[/quote]

Magic Innit!