Why become a member? ×

SPECTOR AND THE DANGLING CARROT

greyparrot

[b]Ok guys its plain that many of you wanna get your hands on this. Right im open to trade, cos at the end of the day. will need another bass. NOW you can buy me the one in my mates shop (CC) for £950 and then add 1050 in cash, or you may have a satus headless, SEI, warick $$ sandberg, overwater, fender usa delux jazz a hand made job. Looking for something in as new conditon and at least £1000 depending on what you have. (if something really special can take less than a £1000) OK this bass will now be sold at £1900 (no OFFERS) CASH !!! can be bought by credit card at £2200 this week only, after that it goes to £2400 and will stay there. The price now on thie ebay one is close to 4K. Of course any deal will have to be done f2f but i'm sure that you would agree this is the wy to go. Right come on lets see your offers! Im gigging all weekend but will be looking in the days and will be on moby on 07957300029 for a chat. Free sunday if anyone wishes to see it.

RICH[/b]

Edited by greyparrot

[quote name='greyparrot' post='408266' date='Feb 13 2009, 09:25 AM']OK this bass will now be sold at £1900 (no OFFERS) CASH !!! can be bought by credit card at £2200 this week only, after that it goes to £2400 and will stay there.[/quote]

Have I missed something? Just wondering why the price goes up?

All the best with the sale mate, these basses look amazing ;)

[quote name='MoJoKe' post='408692' date='Feb 13 2009, 03:33 PM']Is that the parrot you can't see in the cage under the table in the photos...? :)[/quote]

MB1. ;)
............Should have gone to Specsavers!
wheres the carrot then or is it best not to ask? :P

[quote name='MoJoKe' post='408692' date='Feb 13 2009, 03:33 PM']Is that the parrot you can't see in the cage under the table in the photos...? ;)[/quote]

Ha ha parrot has huge cage and is mostly out of it (the cage) Thats his travel cage. Price goes up cos this is worth much much more than im selling it for, and after this week, i will not be in a hurry to sell, and thinking the later months will bring more fortune to us all, so more money. This bass is worth at least 3K New they are at 4K and will stay there cos its so rare.

[quote name='greyparrot' post='408705' date='Feb 13 2009, 03:42 PM']Ha ha parrot has huge cage and is mostly out of it (the cage) Thats his travel cage. Price goes up cos this is worth much much more than im selling it for, and after this week, i will not be in a hurry to sell, and thinking the later months will bring more fortune to us all, so more money. This bass is worth at least 3K New they are at 4K and will stay there cos its so rare.[/quote]
Gotta be honest mate, i very much doubt you will get a sale on this if you raise the price like that, if its worth £2200 or whatever it is your raising the price to, you should have had it like that from the start. You cant get a sale at £1900, so you raise the price by £300??? Confuzzles me a little!

[quote name='Kev' post='408707' date='Feb 13 2009, 03:45 PM']Gotta be honest mate, i very much doubt you will get a sale on this if you raise the price like that, if its worth £2200 or whatever it is your raising the price to, you should have had it like that from the start. You cant get a sale at £1900, so you raise the price by £300??? Confuzzles me a little![/quote]

At the start it was £2800 I'm giving people the chance to buy a bass that is worth far more than the value as i know we are all in hard times, BUT if it does not sell for that price, then i will eighter take it off or leave it at £2400 and even that is well below what its worth.

Edited by greyparrot

[quote name='greyparrot' post='408744' date='Feb 13 2009, 04:09 PM']At the start it was £2800 I'm giving people the chance to buy a bass that is worth far more than the value as i know we are all in hard times, BUT if it does not sell for that price, then i will eighter take it off or leave it at £2400 and even that is well below what its worth.[/quote]

It's only worth what people will pay, and what people can afford.

You keep mentioning the US bass on Ebay being £4000, but that's only £4000 because the exchange rate dropped recently. As little as 4 months ago, that auction would have been £2999 - does this mean if the exchange rate rises again you will drop your price?

Also that auction is a little overpriced, Bass Central have one of these listed at a retail price of $6300, so their real price would be substantially lower - probably closer to $5200ish as the Spector retail prices are a generous margin indeed. This is a conservative estimate as they usually knock 33% off retail on Spector's, and the Spector retail pricing structure is universal throughout the range in terms of trade cost to RRP. This would mean that a brand new version of your bass from Bass Central would be $4158, or £2917, give or take a hundred quid - and that's using the current (poor) exchange rate).

I don't mean to hamper your sale, but going by the US-based prices, especially on Ebay, is in my experience completely unrelated to the UK second hand market.

Edited by Dan_Nailed

Seconded... I gotta say that trying to sell something by threatening to put the price *up*, especially when it's not selling at the current offered price doesn't work for me.

However, good luck with the sale buddy, ...I'm not surprised that it's got interest, it's a VERY beautiful bass. And if it's of any interest to anyone, it's very close to *my* idea of it's value.

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='409082' date='Feb 13 2009, 10:52 PM']lets not critic the seller and his price too much. he can charge what he wants.
you, me, president obama and your mum may think that it's too much but saying it damages his sale if other people are prepared to pay for it.[/quote]

I don't think that anyone is criticisng the price, but rather the method used to support that price.

I think what people would prefer is "I want £5000, as that's what it's worth to me", and be done with it.

That's just me casually observing the thread, so take the comment as you like.

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='409082' date='Feb 13 2009, 09:52 PM']lets not critic the seller and his price too much. he can charge what he wants.
you, me, president obama and your mum may think that it's too much but saying it damages his sale if other people are prepared to pay for it.[/quote]
correct me if im wrong, but nobody has said that he is asking too much, people have commented that him raising the price after getting no interest is a bit bizzare ;)

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='409109' date='Feb 13 2009, 10:32 PM']I have no idea how questioning either his price or his sales ethics help him sell the thing.[/quote]

Because if he understands the market then he's got more of a chance of success making a sale...at least that was my aim I can't speak for any other posters.

[quote name='Dan_Nailed' post='408919' date='Feb 13 2009, 06:56 PM']It's only worth what people will pay, and what people can afford.

You keep mentioning the US bass on Ebay being £4000, but that's only £4000 because the exchange rate dropped recently. As little as 4 months ago, that auction would have been £2999 - does this mean if the exchange rate rises again you will drop your price?

Also that auction is a little overpriced, Bass Central have one of these listed at a retail price of $6300, so their real price would be substantially lower - probably closer to $5200ish as the Spector retail prices are a generous margin indeed. This is a conservative estimate as they usually knock 33% off retail on Spector's, and the Spector retail pricing structure is universal throughout the range in terms of trade cost to RRP. This would mean that a brand new version of your bass from Bass Central would be $4158, or £2917, give or take a hundred quid - and that's using the current (poor) exchange rate).

I don't mean to hamper your sale, but going by the US-based prices, especially on Ebay, is in my experience completely unrelated to the UK second hand market.[/quote]

[b]
Hello mate, now before trying to hamper other peoples sales, i would get your facts right, and leave people to sell how they feel fair . Right! The RRP form spector is around $7500 (nearly £5000) the discounted price is $5600 or £3,950. see here [url="http://www.music123.com/Spector-NS-5XL-5-String-Bass-Guitar-515043-i1324679.Music123"]http://www.music123.com/Spector-NS-5XL-5-S...324679.Music123[/url] Now none of the shops claiming to have the bass, have it! You are quite right regarding the $ against the £, but remember other than this one, the only place you will find this bass is in America, that means not only paying top dollar, but also importing over here! I think that this is the only one in this country.and number 15 of only 24 ever to be made. Now its simple, 1st, i have had alot of interest in the bass, understandably it is a very special bass and not cheap, "nd i have lowered the price to make a sale. If i decide that i am not desperate to sell (which im not, ) then if i wish i will put the price up to what I think is right. As commented 2K is a steal for this, and if you see it, you will agree. Now i'm a good chap, and lowed the price hopeing that it will be more affordable, check it out. As i said this is very very special. To me its worth every bit of 4k and to be honest i'm thinking of pulling it, cos it just about blows every bass i'v played away, both in sound and looks, IMO. So in a few days time this bass will go up to its correct price (IMO) of £2400 or removed from sale, cos its so rare and so nice, and i will kick my butt if i sell it![/b]

If you was to go to your bass dealer and the bass that you were after was reduced by £400 for one week, would you moan? or buy it?[/b]

Edited by greyparrot

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='409240' date='Feb 14 2009, 08:56 AM']Sounds like you want your old Status back, mate ;)

Rich.[/quote]

As per convo, And £1000! hope your well mate!, anyway, as said, the sound on this is second to none, so not missing any bass, if i'm honest!