Why become a member? ×

No it isn't and no it doesn't!

pst62

1 minute ago, wateroftyne said:

I think this qualifies as 'Somewhat stalkerish'.

Really? Hunts down a perfect stranger, buys stuff from him on eBay, sends him a gnomic message then joins a web forum to tell him he's done all this just to teach him a lesson?

Sounds perfectly rational to me.

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

Really? Hunts down a perfect stranger, buys stuff from him on eBay, sends him a gnomic message then joins a web forum to tell him he's done all this just to teach him a lesson?

I take it he’s not related to our own @Pseudonym?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

I take it he’s not related to our own @Pseudonym?

The stylistic differences and intellectual hinterland would suggest not.

7 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Chaps, this a matter for Ebay not here.  They have policies in place for dealing with both sides of this situation.

Well, that's a disappointment. I was hoping the two parties would strip naked, oil their rippling torsos and settle their differences wrestling on a rug in front of an open fire.

As men do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, skankdelvar said:

As men do.

Well perhaps you could offer to throw guinea notes at them along with cheerful encouragement and suggestions?  This should not be difficult for a man of your vast resources and reputation.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

Ye just like putting a stupid bid on an item 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

gnomic 

In my ignorance I had to look that up. I was expecting it to mean something along the lines of 'of or relating to naff garden ornaments.' But according to the online Cambridge dictionary it means 'short, mysterious and not easily understood...' which sounds like a succinct yet comprehensive description of my very own being. I feel a change of user name coming on...

3 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

Sadly not possible as the guinea was only ever issued as a coin. A big, heavy coin.

And a pig. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

I was hoping the two parties would strip naked, oil their rippling torsos and settle their differences wrestling on a rug in front of an open fire.

As men do.

I've witnessed bare knuckle boxing in a barn in Somerset about three years ago, and it was a sorry sight to see men goading them on in such a barbaric fashion. And I'm rather ashamed to say I was party to that goading, two men fighting as I saw in the barn that night, naked as the day they were born and fighting the way God intended. Wrestling at points - I don't know if you've seen "Women In Love", that marvellous scene by the fire. It kind of resembled that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thunderpants said:

That’s enough for him to buy a real one and send it to you, and also he will have you home address then, things like this can come back to bite you in the proverbial. 

That's enough for YOU to buy a real one you mean? Either way, it wouldn't be what was in the picture so it'd still get returned!

Just advertise the bass for what it is mate and don't be getting all angry you got called out on your incorrect description. 

8 hours ago, Pseudonym1 said:

It was me who messaged you. I'm a long term follower of this forum that feels like its unfair to mess with an obviously ignorant seller who (to me at least) sounds like he just has no clue what he is trying to sell looking at his history of totally non-musical items. Just remember the internet is a silly place to pick fights. It isn't as transparent as it all seems. I'm not excusing him but you should all grow up.

Clearly you're the seller. 

But for fun let's play along!!! The 'seller' was told politely by 3 people that it isn't a Classic IV and still ignored all advice and flat out refused to amend the listing. Now you (I mean the 'seller') are upset that they've been called out. If the seller simple said 'oh, yeah that's right' and amended the listing to be accurate everyone would be happy and he'd have the bass sold honestly in no time! 

Oh, and I'm not certain 8 hours counts as long term...

1847131400_Screenshot_20200307-073021_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.00ccf8546f826b667375af24f3597995.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thunderpants said:

Ye just like putting a stupid bid on an item 

Good samaritans sir. Saving people from buying fraudulent items! 

I'd say we're more superheroes actually... maybe even gods?? What higher than a god? We're that. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Pseudonym1 said:

They have obviously said to TheGreek that it wasn't as they thought when pointed out to them. It looks obvious to me like a genuine novice.
And yes, I did that to you as you needed an important lesson learnt. As you are doing to this person.
It's childish (I see the irony).

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity. 

@Pseudonym1 @Thunderpants

You/the seller know now with absolute certainty that it is not a Classic IV, if you don't believe the multitude of people that have told you, you can google it. Yet you absolutely refuse to change the listing to correct the mistake.

No one placed a sky high bid on this bass until it was absolutely obvious you knew (if you didnt already before) that what you were selling was not a Classic IV. So why not change the listing?

The time you have put into 'teaching lessons' has FAR exceeded the time it would have taken to change the listing to the correct thing. 

Can you adequately explain that? 

Yes, you initially were not aware the listing was incorrect, MANY people politely told you, you then flat out refused to amend it, now your super angry and have gone all stalkerish because some decent people won't allow you to knowingly defraud a potential buyer. 

Stupid is as stupid does indeed Mr Gump.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

@Pseudonym1 @Thunderpants

You/the seller know now with absolute certainty that it is not a Classic IV, if you don't believe the multitude of people that have told you, you can google it. Yet you absolutely refuse to change the listing to correct the mistake.

No one placed a sky high bid on this bass until it was absolutely obvious you knew (if you didnt already before) that what you were selling was not a Classic IV. So why not change the listing?

The time you have put into 'teaching lessons' has FAR exceeded the time it would have taken to change the listing to the correct thing. 

Can you adequately explain that? 

Yes, you initially were not aware the listing was incorrect, MANY people politely told you, you then flat out refused to amend it, now your super angry and have gone all stalkerish because some decent people won't allow you to knowingly defraud a potential buyer. 

Stupid is as stupid does indeed Mr Gump.

Doesn’t change the fact that you are a sad little prick 

• Kiwi locked this topic