Why become a member? ×

New band

niceguyhomer

Well - I had an audition for a band today and it's a goer so I'm pleased to say I'm no longer homerless. They play nice stuff too and I sh*t you not, I have never in all my life heard vocals as good as this. My last band was good - very good, but this is an entirely new level so I'm really looking forward to it.

Unfortunately, they were so pleased with what I did, they've asked me to do my first gig this coming Friday. Yikes :P I only know a third of the set.

Anyway - just like to mention that I used my Euro 5LX for the first time with the newly installed ACG02 preamp and, whilst I had to do a bit of twiddling to get it bob-on in the mix, it sounded absolutely marvellous. I was really pleased with the versatility of the thing and it was a real joy having just one volume control - something I didn't like about the stock preamp.

Happy days ;)

Edited by niceguyhomer

Thanks a lot fellas - no it's not the blues band - I didn't get an audition. Anyway, here's the repertoire (there's more to come apparently) - I won't know what the set will be on Friday until I get an email tomorrow...(sorry about the caps - it's cut & pasted)

CHASING CARS – SNOW PATROL
MAN WHO CANT BE MOVED – THE SCRIPT
DREAMS CATCH ME – NEWTON FAULKNER
WHEREVER YOU WILL GO – THE CALLING
VALERIE – ZUTONS
WORD UP - CAMEO
RUBY RUBY RUBY RUBY – KAISER CHIEFS
SEX ON FIRE – KINGS OF LEON
CREEP – RADIOHEAD
SUN GOES DOWN – ARCTIC MONKEYS
WONDERWALL - OASIS
SHE’S ELECTRIC - OASIS
ITS ALL ABOUT YOU - MCFLY
I PREDICT A RIOT – KAISSER CHIEFS
CRAZY LIL THING CALLED LOVE
LONG TRAIN RUNNING – DOOBEY BROS
MARDY BUM – ARCTIC MONKEYS
MONY MONY – BILLY IDOL
RUN – SNOW PATROL
CRAZY – THE KOOKS
LONG TRAIN RUNNING – THE DOOBIE BROTHERS
BITTERSWEET SYMPHONY – THE VERVE
VERTIGO – U2
MAKE A MEMORY – BON JOVI
AMERICA – RAZORLIGHT
WHISTLE FOR THE CHOIR – THE FRATELLIS
FARAWAY – NICKLEBACK
ADVERTISING SPACE – ROBBIE WILLIAMS
UNIVERSALLY SPEAKING – CHILLIES
UNDER THE BRIDGE – CHILLIES
WONDERFUL WORLD – JAMES MORRISON
KAYLEIGH – MARILlION
POWER OF LOVE – FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD
IM YOURS – THE SCRIPT
DRUGS DON’T WORK – THE VERVE
KARMA KILLER – ROBBIE WILLIAMS
DELILAH – TOM JONES
TIMES LIKE THESE – FOOFIGHTERS
WHEN SEPTEMBER ENDS – GREENDAY
LIVING ON A PRAYER – BON JOVI
BED OF ROSES – BON JOVI
BETTER MAN – ROBBIE WILLIAMS
BOULEVARD OF BROKEN DREAMS - GREENDAY

Talk about diverse ;)

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='403909' date='Feb 8 2009, 11:09 PM']Thanks Dave - are you up to anything at the moment?[/quote]

No nothing apart from house band at a local jam once every 5-weeks and maybe an occasional dep. I was rehearsing with a rock band but the drummer and I had serious musical differences so I walked. His attitude from the outset was "I don't need to rehearse" and then proceeded to play certain iconic rock classics in his own style and not as original which basically wrecked the rythmn and made it impossible to lock in with. I'm all for creating ones own arrangements but there are some numbers that you don't mess with. I could see that it would just end in arguments so I got out quickly. A shame because the two guitarists were very good. I'm sure something will pop up soon but I'm too old to panic about not having a gig.