Why become a member? ×

Calling all teenagers

Kiwi

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='191209' date='May 3 2008, 01:47 PM']OMG you guys don't half winge about EMA.

All i can see here is the people who dont get ema complaining about the fact that someone else gets it.

I bet if everyone who has been complaining about it GOT ema they wouldn't be complaining about it!

-Jake[/quote]
Well obviously, who would complain about getting free money?

(Sorry Luke, back to the basses!)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see so many young lads on here with nice gear. Takes me back to when i was younger. I started working when i was 13/14 in a music shop as saturday boy then made the move at 16 to work in retail becoming manager of a concession before i was old enough to drink !! This gave me a fair wedge of disposable income which saw me start off with a squier p bass,tanglewood rebel, to esp bass,warwick streamer to warwick corvette, to warwick corvette 5, warwick thumb, fender usa p, to musicman ray, warwick thumb nt, to g+l 2500, to warwick streamer stage one, to musicman stingray to american p bass!! (and thats just the basses!! guitars and amps are a whole other list !!) All i can say is that i went straight from school and didnt bother with college, exams etc. I fell into the trap of easy money working in shops builders merchants etc and its only now at 22 im back at full time education and im kicking myself for not doing it earlier. Im in the good position now of still working in the music trade and getting the benefit of an education. Okay moneys tighter but I know its gonna pay off in the long run. Hopefully be able to pick up a sadowsky or two when i graduate haha. I suppose the moral is Dont give up on education cause your making ok money now. Theres always something better out there and is definately worth working towards!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Stan_da_man' post='255267' date='Aug 5 2008, 12:00 PM']My rig ATM:

From (left to right):

Amps:
Peavey Tour 450 head
Bergantino HT210 cabinet

Pedals:
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bass Multi Chorus

Basses:
Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio
Dean Sledge Hammer 4 Ash
Status Energy w/ graphite neck[/quote]

those dean sledgehammers are great looking basses.

where do some of you younger guys get the money from! when i was 16, the idea of me being able to afford a stingray bass was hillarious! although i didnt start playin bass til 2 years later...

[quote name='BassManKev' post='256818' date='Aug 6 2008, 11:53 PM']where do some of you younger guys get the money from! when i was 16, the idea of me being able to afford a stingray bass was hillarious! although i didnt start playin bass til 2 years later...[/quote]

Im only 17 going into my second year of college and have a Bacchus Jazz - Lots of weekend graft thats all!!

I shall post up a latest aquisition photo after sunday... Cant wait! (No spoiling the surprise those that know!!)

heres some pics of my baby

she's a Peavey Millenium BXP and onnly cost me £120 pounds with next day delivery...

Peavey Millennium BXP4 Bass Features

34 inch scale
4-string
Hard rock maple neck with rosewood fretboard
Basswood body with quilt top
String-thru-body
Two J-style, hum-canceling pickups
Case not included

Finish: Trans Black

it was cheap but it certainly does not sound it... the tone is fat and bassy and stunning played with pick or finger...

[attachment=11810:01_08_08_1745.jpg]
[attachment=11809:01_08_08_1749.jpg]

My current rig:

I've got a few effects and bits too but i can't be bothered to photograph them. (haha i've just noticed you can see them on the left) I'm going to have another SUB bass soon too, but i'm going to have to split it all up at the beginning of september as the G&L and the new SUB bass (once completed) are going to live at my mum's house when she moves. I'll need an amp too...

EDIT: i'm 17, reason i have that is just saving pocket money, working a bit, selling and buying stuff, christmas/birthday presents etc and buying used, it's much cheaper. That rig cost me £1305, bought new it would have cost more along the lines of £2150, so i've saved £800 from buying the majority of it used (apart from a hardcase, a tuner pedal and an overdrive pedal).

Edited by budget bassist

hi there im marcus, im 17, a range of influences including mark king, marcus miller, stanley clarke, jaco pastorius, brian bromberg, paul mccartney, jack bruce, adam clayton there all great players

i have currently got a squier jazz bass, and a jaydee roadie played through a chorus pedal and a zoom 5062 into headphones, sounds great actually was just playing some jaco :)...my dad has got a jaydee too which he lets me play and a little marshall 300 wat amp...i hope to get a cheap rig soon i would love something trace elliot :huh:,

post some piccies soon :huh:

thanks

marcus