Why become a member? ×

Calling all teenagers

Kiwi

The scary thing is that i'm nearly not a teenager any more! :) but i'm still 19 and whilst i'm still 19 i'm still allowed to post this:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=56505"]
http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=attach...st&id=56505[/url]

New markbass cabinet. It sounds pretty good now, so i can only imagine what it will sound like with a REAL amp! One minor criticisation though is that even though there are feet to mount it vertically like shown, they're on the same side as the tweeter control! Oh well i suppose it wouldn't be italian if it didn't have some minor ergonomic issues. Still hellishly luggable though. I can literally lift it with one hand.

[quote name='throwoff' post='922919' date='Aug 12 2010, 04:47 PM']My first bass was an XB120 exactly the same colour as yours!

Most of the paint has chipped off and the entire body is covered in stickers
I need to get a pic![/quote]

haha! im trying to sell mine now :)

would you agree that they are actually pretty good for the money? :rolleyes:

I'm 18 but I've been playing around errr, 5 years I reckon. Main basses are a pair of Warwicks and a Wal :)

Other basses include an EUB, ashbory, 5 string peavey grind, and this Tokai Jazz:

Bought for £250 and plays better than any of the American Jazzes I've ever played. Result :lol: Due to be having DiMarzio or Bartolinnis fitted and a Badass II or similar :rolleyes:

18 and own that kind of collection? i envy you, alot. i'd kill for a wal.

i'm 18, been playing for about 5 years but was never really that bothered by gear until a few months ago (incidentally the same time i became a member on here)

until recently my only playable bass was a washburn force 4 and i had an ashdown mag600 head w/ 210 and 115 cabs.

now i've got myself an atk300 and v-type combo.

first bass was a stagg crapp-o-goth bass and its was just horrible, its now in peaces in the corner of the room.

In all fairness, my dad's also a guitarist and bassist too, and has been for 40 years (Well guitar at least) so has all the experience of good and bad deals.

The Wal's been in the household for around 15 years now, I just happened to inherit it when I started taking bass properly seriously. As for the Warwicks, the fretless one came up on ebay but was only listed as a Warwick Fretless with a poor photo and no info. Messaged the guy and he said it was made in Germany, so we went for it. £300 and 1 bid.

As for the other one, we bought that on a whim. Went into PMT manchester looking for drum sticks in an emergency the afternoon of a gig, and spotted it hung on the walls marked up at £500. Played it and fell in love instantly despite shot strings and bits of green growing out of the frets :) Also had a John East pre amp fitted too which is worth enough making it another bargain. It used to belong to BadBoy1984 on here too, and I'd love to know what happened to the hard case he was telling me he sold it with :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

finally got around to taking some (crappy iphone camera) pictures of my rig.
in small / medium gigs and practice mode:

in world domination mode:

as you might have guessed the amp is out of the 15 combo and i made a headcase from 3mm tread plate.

bass wise my main weapon is an atk300

but i've re-fallen in love with my old trusty washburn force 4 since i strung it with labella 760fl's.

i've also got the bass i made for a product design project for my a-level last year
i've finally gotten around to sorting the electrics and am half way thru installing a 3 band parametric eq from artec.
There's also a rarely used tanglewood acoustic kicking around and i'm waiting on the delivery of a boss gt6-b.

Sounds like just the thread for me - Theres some nice gear in here fellow teenagers!

I'm 18 and have had lots of experience gigging. At the moment, my Bass rig consists of the following!

Fender Marcus Miller - Fender MiM Precision - Washburn Taurus T-24 - Epiphone EB3

Marshall MB450H & MBC115 (which got ripped today =[ )

And this pedalboard, which today gained a Weeping Demon wah!

I'm also luck enough to have a pretty nice guitar rig too. 1989 Squier Stratocaster & Fender TC90, with various pedals and a Marshall 8280 Valvestate 2x12 combo. My room is pretty full, as you can imagine!

Not posted in here yet, I'm 16 and have been playing since last November. Currently looking for my first band so have obviously had no gigging experience yet :lol:.

Ibanez SR300 and Laney RB3. When I can eventually find a band I suspect the amp will be replaced with something more suited to gigs. I also have GAS for a stingray, but funds won't allow right now, and when they do I'm more than likely to be GASing after something else! :)

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='968815' date='Sep 26 2010, 09:02 PM']Ripped?[/quote]

Yeah, the Vinyl on the cab got torn in the band trailer on route to rehersal. The head also has a small scuff. I've managed to cover both up with black gaffa tape, so all is well. Im just annoyed as i was going to get rid of it, so now it has affected the resale value! =[

[quote name='budget bassist' post='975088' date='Oct 2 2010, 04:06 PM']Sweet, I tried one of those once, really nice bass, except the neck...[/quote]

Serious?! I love the neck on mine! Mind you, I loved the neck on my Dad's old Mexican Precision, and thats essentially what this is.

Heres my current gear. Just got the svt 4pro yesterday

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/53683837@N06/5051815286/"][/url][url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/53683837@N06/5051815286/"]PA040570[/url] by [url="http://www.flickr.com/people/53683837@N06/"]seanjgallacher[/url], on Flickr

Another quick update! A guy is comming round to look at my Taurus tonight, so today was my last chance to take some decent 'family shots' before i start losing basses!

These two will be the gigging basses from now on!

The Lakland is (about to be) a new aquisition, and the Corvette is on loan (however it will go home this week).
Not bad for an 18 year old. My amp & pedals can be found a few posts back - hopefully upgrading the cabinets for christmas!