Why become a member? ×

Calling all teenagers

Kiwi

im not really starting out but i am a teenager:)
im 16 ive been playing about a year now i reckon :S
ive got a squire vintage jazz which i love
a six string harley benton an at the moment i cant take my hands off it (i can now do sweep picking on it with my thumb, watch out adam nitti :huh: )
an the first, my ibanez gsr200 :) which currently is being sanded down to be painted back with purple stain :huh:

[quote name='cai!' post='42225' date='Aug 6 2007, 11:02 PM']im not really starting out but i am a teenager:)
im 16 ive been playing about a year now i reckon :S
ive got a squire vintage jazz which i love
a six string harley benton an at the moment i cant take my hands off it (i can now do sweep picking on it with my thumb, watch out adam nitti :huh: )
an the first, my ibanez gsr200 :) which currently is being sanded down to be painted back with purple stain :huh:[/quote]
And the photos?

[quote name='NickThomas' post='42229' date='Aug 6 2007, 11:12 PM']16?

What you doing up this time of night??? lol[/quote]

Teenagers don't sleep. Or are at the very least we are inherently nocturnal. Why do you think we are so pissing moody?

Actually, I attribute moodiness to Billie Holiday and cheap whiskey.

No; humanity peaks at a child's wisdom. Whilst adolescence is snared into compassionate purgatory. Finally, maturity exists as awareness, denial and dissatisfaction. Until they witness their own child's wisdom.

Music is the mistral that dispels the mist of cynicism. Reality is the tempest that welcomes its return.

--

I'm a teen', but I'm not 'just starting out'. People should be starting out at around 9 or 10 or at least have a few years piano under their belts. I think I started at 12 or 13 with a Kay short-scale EB-0 style bass which a friend is currently borrowing. I have no pictures of it.

Anyway, I hope to see some violin basses, Ibanezes, VMJs, Aria Pros, Toby Pros and the likes on here. In an idealistic world: small URBs.

i'm 16, no matter what ^^THIS GUY ABOVE ME^^ might have you belive :)

my amp, a 21 year old SWR half stack, it's immense and only £250 aswell.

the other bit of my sound, a Peavey milenium BXP, i love this bass, i'm actually gonna buy a USA Milenium and a Cirrus someday i just think peaveys are so good.

this one doesn't quite work atm...

[quote name='NickThomas' post='42229' date='Aug 6 2007, 11:12 PM']16?

What you doing up this time of night??? lol[/quote]
hahaha well i went after posting that to play my sixer untill about two in the morning :)
had a really intense session it was great :huh:

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='42232' date='Aug 6 2007, 11:17 PM']And the photos?[/quote]

photos of all three if i have them
the jazz :huh:
[attachment=1610:SP_A0114.jpg]
and without the scratch plate :huh:
[attachment=1611:SP_A0168.jpg]
picture of me an the ibanez at christmas :huh:
[attachment=1612:bassage_2.JPG]
and the beast which i cant take my hands of at the moment :huh:
[attachment=1613:SP_A0100.jpg]

sorry if some are abit too big but u get the idea :huh:

here's a little sample of my peavey into the SWR

[url="http://iutl.dmusic.com/music/stream/hifi/358049/.67ea1874/stream.m3u"]http://iutl.dmusic.com/music/stream/hifi/3...1874/stream.m3u[/url]

and the jazz aswell

[url="http://iutl.dmusic.com/music/stream/hifi/358050/.7985db60/stream.m3u"]http://iutl.dmusic.com/music/stream/hifi/3...db60/stream.m3u[/url]

oohh i just love the tones of both of them, so different but still soo nice :)

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='42352' date='Aug 7 2007, 10:17 AM']i'm 16, no matter what ^^THIS GUY ABOVE ME^^ might have you belive :)[/quote]

It was set in the future, get over it.

Anyway, I saw future you yesturday. We're on excellent terms. And your bass playing has greatly improved :huh:

[quote name='paul, the' post='42523' date='Aug 7 2007, 04:21 PM']It was set in the future, get over it.[/quote]

no need to get ur knickers in a twist i was joking ok! and yes i'm sure my bass playing will have improved enourmously since i'm pretty sh*t atm. oh and btw i'm not just starting out, i've been playing for 2-1/2 years. I suppose you mean teenagers tho 'cos i doubt any under 13's would want to talk to most ppl on here.

oh and paul my moodiness is caused by various mental health problems and ear problems which culminate in a complete lack of self respect.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='42531' date='Aug 7 2007, 04:33 PM']no need to get ur knickers in a twist i was joking ok! and yes i'm sure my bass playing will have improved enourmously since i'm pretty sh*t atm. oh and btw i'm not just starting out, i've been playing for 2-1/2 years. I suppose you mean teenagers tho 'cos i doubt any under 13's would want to talk to most ppl on here.

oh and paul my moodiness is caused by various mental health problems and ear problems which culminate in a complete lack of self respect.[/quote]

Woah, woah, I was joking.

Goodness, we are a terrible bunch.

Trust me, I think you're a great guy. You come across wise beyond your years and I've got mucho respecti for you.

Sorry if any comments came across in bad taste, playful was my intention.

I'm always up for a mental issues fight :) , my head almost imploded a year ago.

Right, this is my main squeeze and Motown machine even though it doesn't look it. On paper, it is probably my perfect bass. A rare passive special. It has a jazz neck, which this picture poorly demonstrates. And I don't like the colour either, that's why I've never posted it before. Sorry about the ugly mute and bubble wrap :)

This is my old main squeeze which, aesthetically, I greatly miss. A Fullerton '62 reissue.

This was my first full scale bass, which I still own. It's a Samick MM copy. It's a little lifeless, but a nice player and the best neck I've ever played on. I should have gotten the Kustom Charger out for you (Miss. Sparkly Blue) but the cover is a tight fit.

[quote name='paul, the' post='42545' date='Aug 7 2007, 04:57 PM']Woah, woah, I was joking.
Goodness, we are a terrible bunch.
Trust me, I think you're a great guy. You come across wise beyond your years and I've got mucho respecti for you.

Sorry if any comments came across in bad taste, playful was my intention.
I'm always up for a mental issues fight :huh: , my head almost imploded a year ago.[/quote]

haha yeah i kinda guessed you were probably joking- no1 talks to me like that seriously! :) lolz

also:

[url="http://iutl.dmusic.com/"]http://iutl.dmusic.com/[/url]

if the links don't work you can download them off there

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='42352' date='Aug 7 2007, 10:17 AM']

my amp, a 21 year old SWR half stack, it's immense and only £250 aswell.[/quote]

You made a wise purchase, there. I have the 2x10 version of this cab and it's great quality. IMO, you'd be hard pushed to find anything new of that size / quality for even twice that amount.

This thread really makes me wish I'd take up music and a child or even in my early teens. If I had, I might actually have been quite good by now! :)

Cause Im 16 I thought I better post my gear......

In this pic are the freebies because the Peavey my dad bought off the 'bay for £33 and the 80's KMD amp he got for free.
This setup now belongs to my brother as my dad didn't have time to use it and I got some new gear.

The second photo shows my first bass (another peavey which is now fretless) and my new warwick rig

I haven't got a decent pic of my new warwick bass so that will have to wait.

Rodders