Why become a member? ×

Calling all teenagers

Kiwi

I've been playing about 4 and a bit years!

just bought (literally just now) an Ashdown ABM 300 (non EVO an orginal!) and orginal MAG410T both made in the UK =)

Combined with my Yamaha Attitude LTD II bass, quite accomplished i feel!

I'm actually saving for a MAG810.......or two... haha

pictures next week when my camera gets back from the repair placey down the road :)

oh one last thing.. NOTE:
i spend 3 years saving money and i spend a tiny portion of my university savings to get all that!

Linked by a Bullet 44 coiled cable :lol: bought as a gift by my guitarist brother :rolleyes: they are all right Chaps if you get to them them, sometimes

and a prize to anyone who guesses my age, and yes i am a teenager haha

Ok, never saw this before, im just 17 a couple of weeks ago.

My fender jazz 24, which i stupidly sold, best jazz bass apart from the marcus miller that i have played. Might try and buy another one, one day. :rolleyes:

My Ibanez which is currently my bass, which im trying to sell to buy a Marcus miller or a Jap fender jazz bass

My rig is a Ashdown Mag 600R with a EV606 1x15. Which im also trying to sell. Im deeply unhappy with my current sound. I Really want a 4 string Jazz bass and a warwick corvette, and a 6 string Yamaha and ibanez. 5 strings just seem pointless. :)

And im picking up my double bass on friday at long last replacing my old one. I have no money anymore and desperatly need anothe job.

[quote name='fatgoogle' post='799085' date='Apr 7 2010, 07:08 PM']Ok, never saw this before, im just 17 a couple of weeks ago.

My fender jazz 24, which i stupidly sold, best jazz bass apart from the marcus miller that i have played. Might try and buy another one, one day. :lol:

My Ibanez which is currently my bass, which im trying to sell to buy a Marcus miller or a Jap fender jazz bass

My rig is a Ashdown Mag 600R with a EV606 1x15. Which im also trying to sell. Im deeply unhappy with my current sound. I Really want a 4 string Jazz bass and a warwick corvette, and a 6 string Yamaha and ibanez. 5 strings just seem pointless. :rolleyes:

And im picking up my double bass on friday at long last replacing my old one. I have no money anymore and desperatly need anothe job.[/quote]

Very Very nice mate!
haha i agree, basses should only have an even number of strings 4/6 only :) haha

you have got some awesome gear there guys/girls! Wish i had that kinda gear when I was a teen!

I couldnt afford a bass when I started many years ago...I could afford a tanglewood rebel neck though and a block of basswood which I crudely fashioned into a bass in my dads shed! It actually sound pretty damn good even though the pickups are nameless and I got given a very simple active circuit for it. Its still hanging on my wall though to remind me of how not to make a bass!

Basses:
Shecter Deluxe 5
Boston P-Bass

Pedalboard: (no pics :) )
Zoom B1 (compressor only)
Boss ODB-3
Boss CEB-3
Zoom B2.1u (all the effects that I can't afford yet).

Amps
Ashdown MAG 300 (another non EVO original, bought for me with my own money by my dad)
Hartke 410XL
Peavey TNT 130 (lives at my bands rehearsal place, is as old as me but sounds AWSOME, even if its not in the best condition)

Most of the stuff was bought cheap second hand (not the basses) I'm trying to save money for the rest of my board then I'll look at getting some new basses, and then maybe get a new bass head, if I can manage to find a job after the exams are over then all that should be quite easy, if not it may take a while....

Well I'm 15 so i count as a teenager. been playing for about 5 months, i got a second hand practice bass and 10W, both made by benson, from ebay. I upgraded to a 65 (60?) Watt Laney RB3 earlier this year, but still have my 'beginner' bass. I'm 16 in may, and I'm hoping to get a new bass... Ibanez SR300M :wub: [url="http://www.ibanez.com/BassGuitars/model-SR300M"]http://www.ibanez.com/BassGuitars/model-SR300M[/url]

oooo im not a teenager soon so best post :)

Not posted in here in a while so heres the rig :rolleyes:

KSD protoJ with EBS preamp
Siggery Roadbass V [onboard glockenklang preamp ordered (:]
Bassix EUB

All into an EBS Microbass ---> Bergantino IP112

Next purchase is going to be the extension speaker for a bit more volume.

But i've never been so GAS free!

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='802806' date='Apr 11 2010, 05:44 PM']plus i do music almost full time so there as much tools as they are for pleasure.[/quote]

True although i think if you can afford it there is no reason anybody should feel they have to be a professional in order to have a nice setup.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='802809' date='Apr 11 2010, 05:46 PM']True although i think if you can afford it there is no reason anybody should feel they have to be a professional in order to have a nice setup.[/quote]

Thats not what i mean, good quality gear is ime more reliable, plays better & sounds better!

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='802597' date='Apr 11 2010, 01:44 PM']oooo im not a teenager soon so best post :)

Not posted in here in a while so heres the rig :rolleyes:

KSD protoJ with EBS preamp
Siggery Roadbass V [onboard glockenklang preamp ordered (:]
Bassix EUB

All into an EBS Microbass ---> Bergantino IP112

Next purchase is going to be the extension speaker for a bit more volume.

But i've never been so GAS free![/quote]

Aha! So that's where that Siggery went! I was wondering who had it after Josh sold it because originally we had a trade lined up but we both decided to sell instead. Let me know if you ever decide to sell it :lol:

I sold the orange Spector a while back and bought a green one:

I also briefly owned a Rebop 5, but that's gone too

Edited by thedonutman

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='796838' date='Apr 5 2010, 06:56 PM']I've been playing about 4 and a bit years!

just bought (literally just now) an Ashdown ABM 300 (non EVO an orginal!) and orginal MAG410T both made in the UK =)

Combined with my Yamaha Attitude LTD II bass, quite accomplished i feel!

I'm actually saving for a MAG810.......or two... haha

pictures next week when my camera gets back from the repair placey down the road :)

oh one last thing.. NOTE:
i spend 3 years saving money and i spend a tiny portion of my university savings to get all that!

Linked by a Bullet 44 coiled cable :lol: bought as a gift by my guitarist brother :lol: they are all right Chaps if you get to them them, sometimes

and a prize to anyone who guesses my age, and yes i am a teenager haha[/quote]

ARG, i ALWAYS ALWAYS forget!

I USED to have an ABM300, but sold it and got a MAG and paid for a bit of my trip to iceland in October :rolleyes: picture in a minute

Well, i'm 19, played for 7 years. In that time i've had:

Yamaha RBX270 and 15 Watt Marshall and Zoom Bass 607 - Only bass things anyone else ever bought me.

The Bass Company JJ-400 or something - Incredible bass, astonishingly nice.
Ibanez SR506 - With EMGs and EMG pre-amp
Hughes and Kettner BassBase 600 and H&K 410
Yamaha Attitude Limited II
Fender Jazz (1996) MIA
Orange Bass Terror 500W

Various effect pedals in that time - Including Eventide Modfactor and Pitchfactors.

Currently:
Fender Precision Bass (1978)
Mesa/Boogie 400+ (1991 - Bought recently on here from JonH. It was actually in very good condition. Hardly used, and only on its first set of valves since it was new. Just been re-valved with JJ's and fully serviced by Dennis Marshall. I'll have it back tomorrow or Friday. Cannot wait.
Mesa/Boogie 1516BE with EV's 450W @ 4ohm. Fully flightcased, as is the 400+
Matamp 212B - 900W @ 4ohm
Looking at buying another 70's Fender, but this time a Jazz. If i can afford that without selling the P-Bass that is.

Anyway, i don't think i'm doing to badly? :)

[quote name='budget bassist' post='806681' date='Apr 14 2010, 11:10 PM']Don't you regret getting rid of that ABM for a MAG? I wouldn't be without my ABM now, they're SO much better than the MAG and electric blue stuff, in my view.[/quote]

Yeah i do miss the tone, but its pretty close, just not the real thing if you know what i mean,

but the ABM was great for recording and using on its own but the swap seemed practical more than anything else, i needed a cab, and had little money etc and i intend to exploit both outputs of my Attitude so i'll end up with two MAG300 heads and two 410 cabs and 2 15s in the end,

its the same power, and this mag head is cool, its also and orginal non evo, its the serial number is 5 (after a load of zeros) made in enland which is cool, but overall keeping the ABM would have been my first choice, i will get 'em back at some point but gigging starts soon and i need a rig, as i had no cab

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='806721' date='Apr 14 2010, 11:39 PM']Yeah i do miss the tone, but its pretty close, just not the real thing if you know what i mean,

but the ABM was great for recording and using on its own but the swap seemed practical more than anything else, i needed a cab, and had little money etc and i intend to exploit both outputs of my Attitude so i'll end up with two MAG300 heads and two 410 cabs and 2 15s in the end,

its the same power, and this mag head is cool, its also and orginal non evo, its the serial number is 5 (after a load of zeros) made in enland which is cool, but overall keeping the ABM would have been my first choice, i will get 'em back at some point but gigging starts soon and i need a rig, as i had no cab[/quote]

well let's face it at a gig no-one is going to notice the difference. I've seen the most awesome bands play with just midrange gear and it sounded great.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='807297' date='Apr 15 2010, 04:19 PM']well let's face it at a gig no-one is going to notice the difference. I've seen the most awesome bands play with just midrange gear and it sounded great.[/quote]
No valve preamp in the MAG, biiiiiig difference! (If you use it like i do.) The MAG range is still nice gear for the money though.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='807413' date='Apr 15 2010, 05:38 PM']No valve preamp in the MAG, biiiiiig difference! (If you use it like i do.) The MAG range is still nice gear for the money though.[/quote]

Yup!

The being 100% honest the ABM trumps the MAG almost in every way apart from price, but there is a reason for that!

The valve drive was fabulous, but hopefully the gig money will allow me to get one back! best of both worlds

well thats the plan, hence why i (still either way regrettably) sold the ABM,