Why become a member? ×

National Bass Bash?

birdy

Anyone made any plans for this? I think the last one was on a sunday in March/April so its getting on for 12 months and I know it was in Northampton.

I would be up for attending again and I am sure it takes 2-3 months to organise?

Again, I would be willing to pay £10 or so towards costs/entrance if required.

Steve

[quote name='birdy' post='393093' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:27 PM']Anyone made any plans for this? I think the last one was on a sunday in March/April so its getting on for 12 months and I know it was in Northampton.

I would be up for attending again and I am sure it takes 2-3 months to organise?

Again, I would be willing to pay £10 or so towards costs/entrance if required.

Steve[/quote]

Er, sorry I slightly missed the point there, yes it's probably due

M

[quote name='urb' post='393222' date='Jan 27 2009, 10:03 PM']Er, sorry I slightly missed the point there, yes it's probably due

M[/quote]

The point is that its probably time to start thinking about the next one and I didn't want to offer to sort things out when the last one worked pretty well but I don't know who did organise it (maybe it was Ped) so thought I would kick off the subject and see who replied - hopefully Ped or whoever will jump in and tell us its all in hand ;)

Steve

[quote name='birdy' post='393227' date='Jan 27 2009, 10:10 PM']The point is that its probably time to start thinking about the next one and I didn't want to offer to sort things out when the last one worked pretty well but I don't know who did organise it (maybe it was Ped) so thought I would kick off the subject and see who replied - hopefully Ped or whoever will jump in and tell us its all in hand ;)

Steve[/quote]

yes no worries, I thought you meant we needed a 'UK' bass day, which we have already, I didn't realise that the Nottingham Bash last year was actually a 'national' bass bash, sorry it's late and I'm easily confused due to work and child raising... :P hence I misunderstood what your original post was asking about

M

Allo!

I went last year and made some really good friends - superb event! I personally think that if it goes ahead, it would need a bigger venue - it got a bit tight in there (probably my fault with my mini-collection!).

I'd love to help organise something...I was thinking about a Peterborough bash but being slightly to the East, it might not suit everyone espec. if its a national event.

Cheers

Nick

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='393240' date='Jan 27 2009, 10:30 PM']Allo!

I went last year and made some really good friends - superb event! I personally think that if it goes ahead, it would need a bigger venue - it got a bit tight in there (probably my fault with my mini-collection!).

I'd love to help organise something...I was thinking about a Peterborough bash but being slightly to the East, it might not suit everyone espec. if its a national event.

Cheers

Nick[/quote]

Yes it was good, but we need a few little rules about noise levels, or a substatially larger venue, the excesses noise slightly spoiled what was a generally very enjoyable day, but that was mainly due to the cramped layout. I'm sure it's an issue that can be resolved tho.

M

[quote name='urb' post='393241' date='Jan 27 2009, 10:32 PM']Yes it was good, but we need a few little rules about noise levels, or a substatially larger venue, the excesses noise slightly spoiled what was a generally very enjoyable day, but that was mainly due to the cramped layout. I'm sure it's an issue that can be resolved tho.

M[/quote]

Yea I agree with you on this. I think most people came away partially deafened. Not sure what the answer is but as you say maybe a larger venue.

With regards to location my view is that we should keep it as close to where it was previously as possible. It would suit me personally to have it in Birmingham which is about the most central location you can get (cue arguments ;) ) BUT the last 3 or 4 have all been in Northampton and I personally think if we all start debating which part of the country it should be in it will be unlikely to happen.

Just my opinion - if it is in Peterboro or wherever I will do my best to get there.

Steve

I'm really up for another event like last year's one in March as it was so much fun and there really is nothing like meeting everybody and putting the faces to the names/avatars!

As people have already said, it was a problem with being it a bit cramped for space and there were noise issues too.. But we kind of got around those issues at the SE Bash last September where we had 2 rooms and organised a few 'intervals' just to give everyon'e ears a rest.. We also did some workshops which seemed to work well too.

These events do take a lot of organising, so well done for bringing the idea up now ahead of time...

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='393255' date='Jan 27 2009, 10:50 PM']As people have already said, it was a problem with being it a bit cramped for space and there were noise issues too.. But we kind of got around those issues at the SE Bash last September where we had 2 rooms and organised a few 'intervals' just to give everyon'e ears a rest.. We also did some workshops which seemed to work well too.[/quote]

The SE bash was a model of organisation sir ... ;)

[quote name='urb' post='393260' date='Jan 27 2009, 10:54 PM']The SE bash was a model of organisation sir ... :)[/quote]
:P

We have ideas about how to make it better next time ;)

I'm up for a National Bash, depends when it is (MiniMert and all) but definitely time for another one, ooh yes.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='393469' date='Jan 28 2009, 10:06 AM']birdy - you thinking El Royale??[/quote]

Not really although that could be an option. I was thinking somewhere in Northampton because thats where its been in the past and changing location could lead to all sorts of endless debates and certain people would not go to the new one as it was further etc.

If anyone particularly wanted to come to Birmingham however I know a venue that would be very good potentially as it has two function rooms (one large and one small) a seperate bar where there is a stage area and is also a hotel with overnight accommodation etc.

I would personally prefer to keep it in Northampton for reasons above.

If this doesnt get off the ground we could easily arrange a midlands one in Sutton :-)

Steve

[quote name='birdy' post='393476' date='Jan 28 2009, 10:13 AM']Not really although that could be an option. I was thinking somewhere in Northampton because thats where its been in the past and changing location could lead to all sorts of endless debates and certain people would not go to the new one as it was further etc.

If anyone particularly wanted to come to Birmingham however I know a venue that would be very good potentially as it has two function rooms (one large and one small) a seperate bar where there is a stage area and is also a hotel with overnight accommodation etc.

I would personally prefer to keep it in Northampton for reasons above.

If this doesnt get off the ground we could easily arrange a midlands one in Sutton :-)

Steve[/quote]

Yeah - Northampton would be good - keeps up the tradition!

[quote name='alexclaber' post='393487' date='Jan 28 2009, 10:28 AM']The last place was very easy to get to and probably pretty close to the centre of the UK by population distribution.

Alex[/quote]

Man, you guys are lightweights.

Regards

EBS_"Lives_in_his_car"_Freak.