Why become a member? ×

TC rebelhead 450

project_c

[quote name='crez5150' post='382279' date='Jan 16 2009, 12:36 PM']I don't think it's expensive when you compare it with the competition and the features you get..... good price I think.[/quote]

Yeah I agree with the comments on the price being reasonable/fair considering what you get, but it’s just a bit out of my price range. I was hoping it would be closer to the £500 quid mark…

[quote name='MythSte' post='382597' date='Jan 16 2009, 04:35 PM']thats interesting, will drive three TC cabs but only 2 "competative" cabs.[/quote]

I'm guessing they've tried three of their own cabs at once but haven't tried this with anyone else's. I suspect that if it works fine with theirs then it will with the vast majority of others - most amps are pretty tolerant of low impedance loads, that's how AccuGroove got away with the AccuSwitch for so long!

Alex

[quote name='stevie' post='382258' date='Jan 16 2009, 12:23 PM']I agree it's overpriced. But here's how you can get one for free:
[url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aOFvC2Emmu8&feature=channel"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aOFvC2Emmu8&...feature=channel[/url]

This company knows what it's doing.[/quote]

plus the one.

it's the tc electronics street team !

interesting amps too..

TC studio stuff is truly wonderful. I've owned a Finalizer since they first came out and were extremely expensive rather than just expensive, but it's probably the most-used piece of outboard kit I own, and if the compressor in this amp is based on the same technology then I'll be very interested in trying this.

Make a 1KW version TC!!!!

On the subject of the MultiBand compressor on board, I already own a TC C300 compressor.. and the Bass Compressor on there is the BEST i have ever heard and used. The EBS MultiComp is good.. but this one is awesome. The rack unit is idiot proof, you set the main dial to the type of instrument you have plugged in (including full mastering sources for example) and then tweak the settings. The compressor chooses what mode it should be in for that type of music (Multi / Full band) and also is one of the very few compressors on the market with parallel compression built in.

Now.. if that's the compressor on board this amp... it's going to be seriously good!

Another fan of TC gear here, I use the Konnekt Live! audio interface (which has a nice compressor and reverb too) Very mush like the Rebelhead in apperance, also.
I'm happy with my Shuttle 6, though will be interested to hear the feedback on the 'Rebel'

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='383781' date='Jan 18 2009, 10:24 AM']Bonners are listing them. I feel a trip to Eastbourne coming on ;)[/quote]
[quote name='crez5150' post='383810' date='Jan 18 2009, 10:55 AM']I may join you.... the prices look good - [url="http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/browse/Guitar__and__Bass_Amps/Bass_Amps/TC_Electronic_Bass_Amps"]Bonners link[/url][/quote]

If you guys pull the trigger then I’m calling shotgun for a first refusal if either of you turn out to not get on with it in a couple of months time :P Or I might just try and sell some sh*t to raise funds... £920 is too much for me at the moment though.

I could sell my Shuttle 6.0, my Pod XT Live, my little 15W practise amp, can't think of a lot else... That would raise about £600 so I'd still be short by quite a lot. Bollocks.

[quote name='Platypus' post='384441' date='Jan 18 2009, 10:14 PM']You'll only see the recommended price listed now. I expect discounted prices will follow soon[/quote]

Indeed, but given the strength of the £ vs pretty much anything at the moment, I’m not holding my breath for significant discounts on the RRP in the UK. Can always hope though...

[quote name='BigRedX' post='384005' date='Jan 18 2009, 02:31 PM']Anyone here going to try to sign up to test the rig? I would have though there's at least a couple of bassists here with the kind of profile that TC are looking for...

Dood?[/quote]

I'm going to drop the artist relations peeps a line.. I have been using TC gear for years now and still havent found anything as good as the TC G-Force.. and it is, in terms of how fast technology moves, a rather old piece of kit!

Dood.