Why become a member? ×

Courier points system and courier issues

paul, the

• 3 weeks later...

-1 DPD: Stayed in all day, but "delivery refused" at 3pm - despite the fact I was in, there was a large poster on the door saying "DPD please deliver here". Not sure they ever found my house, but they DID have my mobile #, so no excuse.

• 2 weeks later...

AAAAARGH! F*CKIN INTERPARCEL... TW*TS!

Booked a collection/delivery for my Sadowsky and took the option of an afternoon delivery (after 14:00) for which my wife took the afternoon off work... needless to say I was not impressed when I rang them at 17:00 to enquire if collections were running OK to be told that they'd tried at 11:00 this morning! :)

Regardless of the fact that I selected an after 14:00 collection (and it is printed as such in black and white on my invoice), it seems this is just a 'guideline' and they can't guarantee! :rolleyes: So WTF is the point of giving an option? TW*TS.

As such I'll never use them again.

Another -1 for Interparcel and TNT

UK Express Next Day Guaranteed only guarantees they will delivery the day after they collect, i.e. booked for collection today but turns out the driver won't make it in time today so has re-scheduled for tomorrow (though only find this out after 20 minutes on the phone). In theory, they could wait 5 weeks to pick it up and so long as they deliver the day after, there is no come back.

What's the point in that?

Apparently this applies to all the Interparcel options except "Interparcel Premium" so might be worth noting that in the list.

Annoyed in Chepstow.

• 2 weeks later...

been trying to get a courier quote for a £700 bass to aberdeen from manchester

i tried parcel2go and they quote dhl as pretty favourable but say they only do up to £500 cover

i am now having to consider interparcel and tnt

fedex wont quote me unless i have an account...which i dont

ups promises delivery within 5-7 days

where do i go from here

• 2 weeks later...

new scenario

i booked the item with interparcel service interlink 3...gets there next day at or before 3...beats the opposition by 2 hours
it gets picked up from me on tuesday 12:00 noon
arrives in tamworth...which is south and the item is going north...at 22:00...scanned in
still in and we are past the 15:00 next day service deadline

interestingly the headquarters of interlink is close to tamworth...west midlands

the item is going to aberdeen

[quote name='mrcrow' post='696445' date='Dec 30 2009, 04:29 PM']new scenario

i booked the item with interparcel service interlink 3...gets there next day at or before 3...beats the opposition by 2 hours
it gets picked up from me on tuesday 12:00 noon
arrives in tamworth...which is south and the item is going north...at 22:00...scanned in
still in and we are past the 15:00 next day service deadline

interestingly the headquarters of interlink is close to tamworth...west midlands

the item is going to aberdeen[/quote]

What's the bets that you can't make a claim for not delivering as per the contract because there's some small print that mentions 'weather conditions' or 'seasonal variation (Christmas)'! :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='696456' date='Dec 30 2009, 04:44 PM']What's the bets that you can't make a claim for not delivering as per the contract because there's some small print that mentions 'weather conditions' or 'seasonal variation (Christmas)'! :)[/quote]

we will come to that later...i have balls!!

the tamworth depot managed to disgorge the item at 16:20 and its on its way to dundee..overnight

i think there are too many irons in the fire as far as interparcel are concerned and they shouldnt quote others parameters unless they accept responsibility for any over runs in schedules..

any way santa's sleigh is free now...:rolleyes:

UPS nextday by 15:00

i found out my consignment was by UPS
they were to deliver next day by 15:00
by then the item was still at tamworth midlands...its going to aberdeen
it finally shifts at 22:00 for dundee
arrives dundee 05:00 and out for delivery at 06:00 or thereabouts

at 11:00 they dont deliver because...because...because...well they didnt deliver because they didnt go to the right address but still have 4 hours to check out the situation..dont make contact with me or the client... and go back to dundee

the receiver now has been waiting two days for this next day at 15:00 delivery

UPS say they will deliver on monday...but how can they if they cant find the address...which is the address...

curiouser and curiouser...

more to follow

** UPS collected from the aberdeen address a few days before without difficulty...

Edited by mrcrow

[quote name='mrcrow' post='697306' date='Dec 31 2009, 04:29 PM']UPS nextday by 15:00

i found out my consignment was by UPS
they were to deliver next day by 15:00
by then the item was still at tamworth midlands...its going to aberdeen
it finally shifts at 22:00 for dundee
arrives dundee 05:00 and out for delivery at 06:00 or thereabouts

at 11:00 they dont deliver because...because...because...well they didnt deliver because they didnt go to the right address but still have 4 hours to check out the situation..dont make contact with me or the client... and go back to dundee

the receiver now has been waiting two days for this next day at 15:00 delivery

UPS say they will deliver on monday...but how can they if they cant find the address...which is the address...

curiouser and curiouser...

more to follow

** UPS collected from the aberdeen address a few days before without difficulty...[/quote]

its so manic!!!

its a blizzard in aberdeenshire and i guess dundee as well...they delivered today!!!

i have had a lot of emailing to do though to UPS and interparcel

advice based on lesson learned...dont sent when its bad weather forecast

• 2 weeks later...

Parcelforce have changed their musical instrument insurance situation.
Basically you can't buy additional cover.
This is what the said

Dear OldGit

Thank you for your enquiry.

You cannot take out any extra compensation for Musucal Instruments.

Compensation automatically included in the price you pay is as follows:

express9
express10
expressAM
irelandexpress
globalexpress £200 per consignment

express24
europrioritybusiness
europriorityhome
globalpriority
expresscollect £100 per consignment

express48
globalvalue £50 per consignment

globalbulkdirect £25 per parcel

HM Forces £20 per parcel

globaleconomy Not available

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again at this email address: [email protected].

Please ensure that you include the full history of your enquiry so far in order to help us respond to you as quickly as possible.

Our hours of business are: Mon to Fri: 8am to 7pm and Sat: 8:30am to 12:30pm

Kind regards

Kari-Ann Donkin
Parcelforce Worldwide
Customer Service Email Team.

[quote name='OldGit' post='713119' date='Jan 14 2010, 09:49 PM']Royal Mail Special Delivery next day has an insurance limit of £2500 (and no hidden restrictions on musical instruments that I can find - of course they may be very well hidden ....)[/quote]

need to look into that in future...with the recent experience with UPS i dont think royal fail could do worse...
cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Used Parcel2Go - chose Home Delivery Network from their list (well Amazon use them so thought they would be OK). Sent heavy Yorkville 15" cab to Scotland for under £7. Picked up when requested, was on the 48 Hour service, was a day late but it was during the horrendous weather. Will happily use them again.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

had bad experience with DHL and UPS. Both lied and said they had been to my address twice and got no answer. Though they didnt, as they left no card and the address was to my retired parents who never go out, and who have a dog who barks the house down the moment he hears the gate squeek. They then sent it back down south instead of leaving it at a local depot where i could at least go and get it myself. Still never got my item and am down £40 as well. Not much but thats not the point. The van drivers simply lie and say they have tried to deliver when they came nowhere near the house and simply couldnt be arsed delivering it and went home early.

Here is a thread on the subject at my favourite welding web forum. One of the members actually states "DHL deliveries have turned up in private cars (once granny & grandad taking grandchild out for a ride), and a taxi in the past."!!

[url="http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10192&highlight=dhl"]mig-welding.co.uk[/url]

Edited by daz

• 2 weeks later...

I think based on recent experience it's safe to say that no one should ever use ParcelMonkey for anything, ever. Especially not for anything valuable.

This has to have been the worst experience I've ever had, not only of courier services, but of EVERY service I've ever used on the Internet since 1987.

I'm looking at getting a bass shipped to Romania. UPS have quoted £120 for 8-day delivery and 190 for 3 days. Interparcel have quoted £133 for 3 days. Why is Interparcel so much cheaper if they still use the big companies for shipping? Is this a case of "you get what you pay for"?

• 1 month later...

[quote name='mrcrow' post='712921' date='Jan 14 2010, 08:26 PM']parcel2go has a limit of 500

i used interparcel to get the 750 i needed for a recent consignment[/quote]

I've just contacted Parcel2go (via their Live Chat) to get a quote for collection of a bass and a combo, and was told: -

"Unfortunately we can only cover items up to the value of £1000. Unfortunately for guitars, we can only offer cover up to £150 for damage"

So, beware if you're thinking of using Parcel2go for any bass worth more than £150....