Why become a member? ×

Courier points system and courier issues

paul, the

I have used click4parcels.com (Droptrader) 3 times now and they have been terrific! I paid £8.99 for their 48hr delivery service (Courtesy of DHL) but carries a weight restriction of 31.5kg. So far, two rather large boxes were received within a day and the other? I'm still waiting on confirmation of delivery, which should be today but could have happened yesterday. Their service is superb, easy to access, simple on-line form and no fuss.

www.click4parcels.com

Well done.

andy

-1 for Home Delivery Network

Recently had them ship a new amp to me. They did not turn up to the sellers address on the day they were booked for (IIRC, they were booked at least 2 working days in advance). Seller called the next day, excuse was the drive 'ran out of time'. Did not collect til around 4pm that day as well (!). 48h service, and true enough they attempted to deliver 2 days later. I was unfortunately not in so went to the depot at the weekend to pick it up. After waiting in a 3 person queue for 30 minutes (!!), was finally given the amp. The seller had wrapped the amp in a way that the handle was usable to assist in carrying. This handle had arrived snapped (a feat i wouldn't even think possible with a sturdy plastic handle on 10kg head without [i][b]heavy[/i][/b] mishandling) and the packaging battered and torn in several places. Something was clearly sliding round inside the head as well. Got home, opened it up to find the main transistor board had managed to come loose from the case (Screwed in when collected), the cooling fan wires snapped and several other wires disconnected. Manged to get it all fixed and it [i]seems[/i] to be running okay now, albeit with the fan being a little loud (although i have gone from a Markbass to a Trace Elliot so that could explain it). The amp handle must have broken and caused the amp to fall to the floor, a very noticeable bit of damage to the parcel, but no notification to me at all.

Very rarely have a problem with couriers, but i shan't be using them again.

I used parcel line(online) on Wednesday 2 post a Marshall Head unit(24kg) and a Vox combo(19kg),booked it for Thursday pick up from house,both were picked up at 2pm by Citylink,both guys received them yesterday morning,i could track them from pick up to final signature,only cost 12 quid each.....mega impressed. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Another +! for these.....http://www.parcel-link.co.uk/
online quote/booking for Friday(booked 2am Friday),parcel picked up 11am,tracking number emailed 1 hr later,picked up in West Lothian to a fellow BCer in Surrey,weight 8kg,tracker says its now in Ipswich delivery cntre or Monday am delivery....all for £7.parcel was ironically picked up by DHL.....who quoted me £15 on their own site.

UPS got my Smith here safe and sound in 24 hours.Although it was well packed it was sent in a Smith hard case so tbh needed no further packing !!!

APC overnight got my Ray to its new owner safe and sound and well within 24 hours and also got my Overwater to its new owner safe and sound. Basic overnight delivery was £10 plus vat, I added £1000 worth of insurance and also went for the Security option where the item goes into a seperate cage apart from the other parcels. Cost about £23. Was delivered on time.

APC guys were extremely friendly and helpful too.

Stewart

• 1 month later...

Holla folks, just a quick question -

I've ordered a replacement Allparts neck for my Jazz, which has been shipped from the States via USPS. According to the info supplied through the USPS tracking service, the neck arrived in the UK on the 7th April, and is currently sitting in Customs. Does anyone have any idea how long these things can usually take to work their way through, or is it a 'piece of string' question?

Just getting a tad impatient and wanting to set to work on my first project bass. :)

[quote name='Simon.' post='1195757' date='Apr 11 2011, 02:35 PM']Holla folks, just a quick question -

I've ordered a replacement Allparts neck for my Jazz, which has been shipped from the States via USPS. According to the info supplied through the USPS tracking service, the neck arrived in the UK on the 7th April, and is currently sitting in Customs. Does anyone have any idea how long these things can usually take to work their way through, or is it a 'piece of string' question?

Just getting a tad impatient and wanting to set to work on my first project bass. :)[/quote]
When they've processed it you'll get a letter, a week to 10 days perhaps BUT if you know that Royal Mail/Parcelforce are processing it as opposed to C&E then a phone-call giving them the tracking number can mean that you pay taxes over the phone with a card and the parcel gets to you a lot quicker than waiting for them to contact you.

However, this all depends on how/who is processing but I'm fairly sure that USPS means that ParcelForce/Royal Mail will be holding it until taxes/duty is paid; as opposed to a couple other options whereby the courier handles it from collection to delivery and you pay them after the parcel is delivered.

• 3 weeks later...

Booked a collection through Interparcel and though it was a bit much that they could only quote collection times between 09:00 - 19:00, I booked it and organised for collection from a family member's house... No show by the courier! I'll have to see what the craic is about next collection but I'm not happy about organising for someone or myself to sit around for another day!

So that's -1 for Interparcel for me. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1211947' date='Apr 26 2011, 07:31 PM']Booked a collection through Interparcel and though it was a bit much that they could only quote collection times between 09:00 - 19:00, I booked it and organised for collection from a family member's house... No show by the courier! I'll have to see what the craic is about next collection but I'm not happy about organising for someone or myself to sit around for another day!

So that's -1 for Interparcel for me. :)[/quote]
Latest - Home Delivery Network (booked through Interparcel) have a 'systems failure' and unable to establist a collection DAY... DAY never mind chuffin time! Not a happy camper at the minute!

Sent a bass to Finland, using DHL, via Parcel2go.

Cost, including insurance up to £650 was £68.99.

Collection was arranged for a Thursday, between 9.00 and 5.30 - they failed to turn up, and stated the collection was for the Friday - aaarrrggghhh.

Collection did happen on the Friday, bass delivered the following Thursday.

All in all, aside from the failed collection (which they automatically offered me £5 off of my next posting with them) not bad at all.

[quote name='cetera' post='1128529' date='Feb 15 2011, 05:22 PM']Yet another +1 for UPS through Interparcel.
24 hrs door to door and not a mark on the package :)[/quote]

And another +1

Not a bass, but I had a very good experience when some musical electronics (Casio VZ10m if anyone really wants to know) was sent to me from Devon to Leicester by UPS through Interparcel. 24 hrs door to door and package was ffine.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for UPS

- bass sent from Philly, USA to Essex, UK in three working days - £131 all inclusive of customs clearance charge door to door with up to the minute tracking all the way through.

Outer packaging still looked brand new on arrival and the bass was perfect.

I'm impressed!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1212314' date='Apr 27 2011, 09:00 AM']Latest - Home Delivery Network (booked through Interparcel) have a 'systems failure' and unable to establist a collection DAY... DAY never mind chuffin time! Not a happy camper at the minute![/quote]
My HDNL/Interparcel experience has been less than entirely wonderful (took ages to deliver something). However, I've had no problems using the Interparcel Economy service, which is fractionally more expensive than HDNL but uses UPS.

Interparcel/UPS threw me a curve ball today.

I booked a collection slot for 14:00-17:30. They showed up at my address at 11 and called me to let me know they were close by. I told the (what I presume was) the UPS lady that the driver couldn't pick it up at 11. She was nice about it, claimed the driver would be back at 14:00 and I was stuck at home for the whole afternoon for no-one to have showed up. As you might imagine, I'm a bit upset about the whole thing.

I'll call them tomorrow to figure out exactly why they failed to show up or at least communicate again, and report back then.

[quote name='setekh' post='1226719' date='May 10 2011, 09:02 PM']Interparcel/UPS threw me a curve ball today.

I booked a collection slot for 14:00-17:30. They showed up at my address at 11 and called me to let me know they were close by. I told the (what I presume was) the UPS lady that the driver couldn't pick it up at 11. She was nice about it, claimed the driver would be back at 14:00 and I was stuck at home for the whole afternoon for no-one to have showed up. As you might imagine, I'm a bit upset about the whole thing.

I'll call them tomorrow to figure out exactly why they failed to show up or at least communicate again, and report back then.[/quote]
Well, I called them and, after being basically robbed because of the charges to 0871 no. from mobile carriers, I found out it was my fault. Apparently, I should have known better, since the collection times are "a request", but basically make no difference as to the pickup time. So, basically, either you're available throughout the day or you risk all this unpleasantness, because the driver will get there when he gets there.

got a phone call from dhl saying my mightymite neck had arrived, and asking how would i like to pay duty. i agreed to do it online, did so 2 days before delivery was scheduled. anyway when they delivered it, they charged my housemate again for the duty in cash.....

so i called them up and explained the situation, and i had to go to the depot to collect the overpayment. they werent able to refund to my account. very annoying....

also they have a pretty dumb webstie, not user friendly at all. other than that service was fine :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DHL appear to have misplaced an Aerodyne Fede has bought off me.
Pissed off.
So far this week Tax Office, Yorkshire Bank Finance, Wilds of Radcliffe and DHL have managed to bollocks things up, leaving me to sort it all out.
I haven't got the life expectancy.
Why can't businesess do what they are f***ing paid for :) .
Karl.

• 3 months later...

Been using UPS through Interparcel and absolutely no issues whatsoever. effortless collection and tracking from start to finish.

Initial Citylink through Parcel2Go - utter rubbish. Organised pickup on Sunday night for Monday collection. Courier came. i waited until later on and it was still showing as awaiting collection so I contacted Parcel2Go last night at 10:30pm as their live help is open until 11pm.

No joy but I was informed that they'd emailed sh*ttylink and someone would get back to me as soon as I found anything out. Again at 9am this morning nothing so I contact them again kowing fine well how early couriers are open from. not a sausage. Tried again at 11:30 and again at 2pm. Same response again and again.

Eventually I called sh*ttylink and was promised a call back. They eventually did call back saying the the driver arrived at the depot too late last night for the parcel to make it onto the truck heading south so it will go today and that they'd told Parcel2Go this who should've told me.

As at 5.30pm this evening Parcel2Notgo still haven't told me jack despite telling me they'd let me know as soon as they heard anything

• 1 month later...

NEVER send an instrument overseas with dpd, sent my urb to portugal with them and not only were they late, phoned up 4 days AFTER they'd picked up the package to confirm my address when it arrived in portugal they'd managed to rip the fretboard off the neck! :) thank god the person who bought it from me and arranged the delivery company had the forethought to pay for the insurance. So upset.

x

A further positive vote for UPS booked through Interparcel. Delivered a bass from Preston to Glasgow without drama. Cost £24 inc. insurance cover upped to £250. Worth noting that the tracking system is not real time and a bit lumpy.

• 3 weeks later...