Left leaderboard
willellisbass

Yamaha TRB-JP2 Translucent Red £2100 or trade for BBNE2
£2800
Hull, East Yorkshire

20191020_203330.thumb.jpg.714168f2c9daa34e0280724244ffa88f.jpg

Hi! 

Up for sale is my mint condition Yamaha TRB-JP2 in the gorgeous Translucent Red colour.

Bought brand new a few months back, only seen light home use. Selling to fund another bass buy.. same old problem! 

Comes with hardshell case and case candy.

Will sell for listed price or trade for a similar condition Yamaha BBNE2.

Pickup in Hull.

Specs are listed below, any questions give me a shout! 

Construction - Bolt-on

Scale Length - 35" (889mm)

Fingerboard - Ebony

Radius - 40" (1000mm)

Frets - 26

Body - Figured Maple/Ash/Alder/Maple

Neck - Maple

Bridge - Solid Brass

Pickups - Side by Side Double Balancer, 3 Band EQ

Controls - Master Volume, Pickup Balancer, 3 Band EQ

20190512_154326.jpg

20190512_154410.jpg

20190512_154417.jpg

20190512_154423.jpg

20190512_154443.jpg

20190512_154449.jpg

20190512_154501.jpg

20190512_154613.jpg

Edited by willellisbass
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, andybassdoyle said:

I picked up an Amber v1 model recently.

Outstanding, does everything you need a 6 to do. 

It is a beautiful instrument and resonant all the way across the range 

One sixer out of 38 for sale on BassChat !!!

Want this soooo much trying to justify spending that much though

Edited by Johngh

On 04/02/2020 at 17:32, Johngh said:

Want this soooo much trying to justify spending that much though

It is an amazing bass, has to be seen in person and played to appreciate how good it really is! 

Just to let you know I recently saw a BBNE2 for sale on here for £1475? It was a very cheap deal but I just thought you should know how cheap these basses can go for so as not to undervalue your bass if you're considering a straight swap. Good luck.

Posted (edited)

That being said the last TRBJP2 that sold on here went for £1400 so price can be very subjective as to how quickly a seller wants to sell and how soft the market is.

Edited by binky_bass

3 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

That being said the last TRBJP2 that sold on here went for £1400 so price can be very subjective as to how quickly a seller wants to sell and how soft the market is.

Oh I see. I thought these basses were around the 2k mark.

All depends on how quickly a seller wants to sell! I myself have sold a few basses for quite a bit under 'market value' because I wanted them gone ASAP to facilitate another purchase. 

If you're happy to wait a while, then someone will eventually come along and pay the asking price! 

12 hours ago, NotAsGoodAsJaco said:

Just to let you know I recently saw a BBNE2 for sale on here for £1475? It was a very cheap deal but I just thought you should know how cheap these basses can go for so as not to undervalue your bass if you're considering a straight swap. Good luck.

Ah okay didn't realise that, thought the market value was a bit more! Thanks for letting me know. 

Will keep an eye out 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TRBboy
      Hi folks!
      For sale is my fantastic Yamaha BB435 in Teal. Bought late September last year, it hasn't exactly had a hard life, and has performed astonishingly well.
      I've had loads of Yamahas over the years, so I knew to expect a great quality instrument, but even so this exceeded my expectations! Superb quality, and the design is fantastic, blending all your favourite traditional features with clever modern refinements.
      Stand out points for me are the neck shape /feel - it's extremely comfortable and playable, and the pickups which are absolutely outstanding. In fact, there is virtually no difference between these V5 pickups and the V7's in the top of the range BBP. Really superb tone, plenty of guts but nice, smooth organic tone. 
      It's in great condition as you can hopefully see from the photos. If you have any questions or want any other photos, just get in touch.
      Payment via PayPal or BACS, and either socially distanced collection or a courier can be arranged. 
      Many thanks for looking! 😊👍

• By Zander
      For Sale My Vintage White Yammy BB 414. 

Bought as a back-up bass for gigging but after buying it, I proceeded to break up with the band... typical! The bass has since been in its case, so it’s time for it to go to a new loving home! I have 4 basses in total at the moment.. 4 too many I’m told sometimes! But with my other basses P and a J, I never actually ended up gigging this BB or practicing with it for that matter.

Overall, its in good condition with some signs of wear (dings, chips and bumps) around the jack, some marks on the head stock (see photos) and a few light scratches on the back of the upper horn.

Great punchy BB tone and currently strung with fairly new D’Addario strings (105-45).

This bass is also nice and light @ 9lb 3oz / 4.16 kg

Price: £180 ONO Via Paypal preferably 

Price Drop: £170

Collection from the Reading Area

• By Brother Jones
      Yamaha TRB 5 Mk2, MIJ. Probably mid nineties. Bought by me from a BC'er about three years ago for (IIRC) £475. Very light use since then. 
      I'm not 100% on the finish description, but "light honey with figuring" seems right. 
      35 inch scale; very solid B string. Nearly-new DR Sunbeam 45-125s. The neck is straight, and the set up is low/medium. It's no lightweight, but not a total anchor for a five; probably about 4.7kg. 
      Very few dints, perhaps one or two.. Nothing serious, either cosmetically or functionally. 
      However there are minor, and completely fixable, issues on this bass.
      The jack socket is a bit loose, and the centre detentes of the pots are very worn. It was like this when I bought it (unmentioned by the seller) and in practice is not an issue. Because Yamaha still make the TRBs, I'm told that replacement pots shouldn't be an issue. 
      Selling for £400. Given the extremely reasonable price for such a solid, pro-quality bass, collection is preferred. With appropriate social distancing measures, etc. HOWEVER, I've found a bass box and a spare gig bag, so courier is possible. 

• By Quasar79
      I am selling my beautiful Yamaha TRB 5Pii with maple top. The bass has a few dings and dongs, but is electronic 100% (see pictures).
      The bass is all original, except the string tree, which is added by the previous owner.
      The bass isn't that long in my possession and was more of a 'once in a lifetime chance' to get to play this wonderfull and hard to find bass. But i don't take it as often as my Yamaha BB5000, which is a whole different peace of bass.
      The bass has a perfect B-string, low action and weights 4.8kg. It is a bit heavy, but the sound is enormous.
      I am asking 1600 pounds. I think this is a reasonable price, according to more sales on the internet. If not, please let me know!
      Looking for cash, but a trade + cash is also an option. Shipping is possible, i can find a case and i have a box. Pickup is possible in The Netherlands or Germany.