willellisbass

Yamaha TRB-JP2 Translucent Red £1600 No Trades
£2800
Hull, East Yorkshire

20191020_203330.thumb.jpg.714168f2c9daa34e0280724244ffa88f.jpg

Hi! 

Up for sale is my mint condition Yamaha TRB-JP2 in the gorgeous Translucent Red colour.

Bought brand new a few months back, only seen light home use. Selling to fund another bass buy.. same old problem! 

Comes with hardshell case and case candy.

Will sell for listed price or trade for a similar condition Yamaha BBNE2.

Pickup in Hull, East Yorkshire or will use courier service.

Specs are listed below, any questions give me a shout! 

Construction - Bolt-on

Scale Length - 35" (889mm)

Fingerboard - Ebony

Radius - 40" (1000mm)

Frets - 26

Body - Figured Maple/Ash/Alder/Maple

Neck - Maple

Bridge - Solid Brass

Pickups - Side by Side Double Balancer, 3 Band EQ

Controls - Master Volume, Pickup Balancer, 3 Band EQ

20190512_154326.jpg

20190512_154410.jpg

20190512_154417.jpg

20190512_154423.jpg

20190512_154443.jpg

20190512_154449.jpg

20190512_154501.jpg

20190512_154613.jpg

Edited by willellisbass
Price drop
  • Like 6

54 minutes ago, andybassdoyle said:

I picked up an Amber v1 model recently.

Outstanding, does everything you need a 6 to do. 

It is a beautiful instrument and resonant all the way across the range 

On 04/02/2020 at 17:32, Johngh said:

Want this soooo much trying to justify spending that much though

It is an amazing bass, has to be seen in person and played to appreciate how good it really is! 

Just to let you know I recently saw a BBNE2 for sale on here for £1475? It was a very cheap deal but I just thought you should know how cheap these basses can go for so as not to undervalue your bass if you're considering a straight swap. Good luck.

That being said the last TRBJP2 that sold on here went for £1400 so price can be very subjective as to how quickly a seller wants to sell and how soft the market is.

Edited by binky_bass

3 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

That being said the last TRBJP2 that sold on here went for £1400 so price can be very subjective as to how quickly a seller wants to sell and how soft the market is.

Oh I see. I thought these basses were around the 2k mark.

All depends on how quickly a seller wants to sell! I myself have sold a few basses for quite a bit under 'market value' because I wanted them gone ASAP to facilitate another purchase. 

If you're happy to wait a while, then someone will eventually come along and pay the asking price! 

12 hours ago, NotAsGoodAsJaco said:

Just to let you know I recently saw a BBNE2 for sale on here for £1475? It was a very cheap deal but I just thought you should know how cheap these basses can go for so as not to undervalue your bass if you're considering a straight swap. Good luck.

Ah okay didn't realise that, thought the market value was a bit more! Thanks for letting me know. 

Will keep an eye out 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Arnoldoc
      Up for sale my top of the line, hand crafted in Japan, Yamaha Bb2025x - as used by Nathan East, Leland Sklar, Amos Heller, Tony Kanal and Michael Anthony.  Managed to get one in NOS a few months ago. Pretty difficult to find one of these days and still in mint condition. One of the most amazing basses I've played but have not played it often outside of the studio, where I tend to favour Jazz basses, so cutting a bit my collection. Hand crafted in Japan. A.R.E. and I.R.A. treated wood gives it a very broken in, and responsive feel. 
      Specs:
      Fingerboard: Maple Body: Alder Neck: Maple/Mahogany Scale Length: 34" Fingerboard: Rosewood Finish: Vintage White Pickups: Alnico Split Single (Neck), Ceramic Bar Single (Bridge) Pickup Switch: 3P Toggle Switch Pickguard: Black Hardware: Chrome 5-String bass guitar Low B 5th string for greater presence and heavy low-end Nickel Silver Nut Diagonal Body Thru Stringing A.R.E. and I.R A. Treatment Made in Japan Comes with Yamaha hardshell case Plenty of feedback: 

• By Nim
      Hello,
      For sale is my lovely Archer 3/4 size professional double bass.
      This bass has served me very very well for five years, it sounds beautiful and it's super comfortable to play.
      I was searching for the right instrument for a while until i found this one second hand.
      Loads of good reviews of this bass all over the internet.
      A new one will cost £1400
      Please note that this one doesn't have the adjustable bridge, I've bought it without.
      Come and try, I'm based in Crouch End, North London.
      Collection preferred or i can meet half way outside London within reason. 
      Here are the details-
      Body: Hand carved, Atelier built
      Top: Hand carved select Canadian spruce
      Back: Flamed select two-piece Canadian maple with matching ribs and scroll
      Finish: Hand applied oil in orange-brown with slight antiquing
      Bridge: Maple
      Neck: Maple
      Fingerboard: Ebony
      Tuning Plate: Brass engraved with nickel winders
      Spike: Adjustable

• By Martyin3d
      Could really do with moving this on hence a PRICE DROP to £700

Bought this from new in June last year. It looks and sounds great and has tonnes of versatility. Unfortunately though my hands are just too small for the 35" scale and it's not getting the love it deserves. The finish really is quite impressive in the flesh and it's been incredibly well cared for. 

Specs (from https://www.yamahamusiclondon.com/TRB-1006J-6-String-Bass-Guitar-Natural/pidGTRB1006JNT)
      General Construction: Bolt-on Scale Length: 35" (889.0mm) Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane Neck Materials: Maple / Mahogany (or Nato) 5-Piece Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane Fingerboard Materials: Rosewood Fingerboard Radius: 40" (1000 mm) Fret wire: Medium Number of frets: 24 Nut materials: Bone Width @ 0 Fret / 12th Fret: 50.0 / 73.6 mm Thickness @ 1st Fret / 12th Fret: 20.0 / 24.0 mm Neck Pickup: Humcanceled Single Coil / Alnico V Middle Pickup: - Bridge Pickup: Humcanceled Single Coil / Alnico V Controls: Master Volume, Pickup Balancer, 3-Band EQ(Bass, Middle, Treble) Pickup Switch:  - Bridge: Solid Brass String spacing: 17mm Tailpiece: - Tuning Machines: Die-cast Pickguard: - String gauge: D'Addario EXL170-6SL /0.032-0.130 Super Long (6 strings) Case/Bag: not included  
      Based in Bristol, cash on collection would be preferred but I would be open to considering shipping. Any questions please do ask! 

• By ash
      A rare Yamaha SB-50 Bass for sale from around 1973. This is a cool bass, well gigged but solid and sounding great. It has a medium scale and a distinctive German carve - or pie crust look. It’s all original but missing the bridge mute and pickup ashtrays. These appear to be quite collectible and crop up on Talkbass occasionally with the predictable daft prices on Reverb. It’s one of Yamaha’s first original basses and it’s quirky ‘Les Paul by Dali’ looks will make you stand out on stage! It’s also very red…..
      It weighs around 4kgs sounds really very good from old school rock to modern tones. I was amazed by how versatile it is. Plays well and the neck is great too.
      Not sure how to price it but it’s definitely a sale only and I won’t be sending it overseas - sorry. Let’s try £295 - certainly a change from a MIM Precision. 
      Note there is a crack on the lacquer in the body but this hasn’t effected neck stability. 

My cat loves it! More pics to follow.

• By alex_1_2_3
      I've had my Yamaha SLB200 for a little while now and I think it's possibly the nicest EUB I've played - both in terms of the tone and playability. Not long ago I put on some synthetic evah slap strings and I think it gives a fairly convincing old school tone. Here's a short video example. Any other SLB200 users out there? I'd love to know if there are any mods that can give an even more convincing double bass sound.