Why become a member? ×

12k Aria

This popped up earlier this week on one of the vintage MIJ FB groups - the guy had just picked it up & was looking for an ID and info. Didn't say what he'd paid but the bass was in a state (it still is) and seemed to be a car boot/small ads blag. He probably gave someone about £30 for it.

Chancers like this really f*ck me off.

1 minute ago, Bassassin said:

This popped up earlier this week on one of the vintage MIJ FB groups - the guy had just picked it up & was looking for an ID and info. Didn't say what he'd paid but the bass was in a state (it still is) and seemed to be a car boot/small ads blag. He probably gave someone about £30 for it.

Chancers like this really f*ck me off.

Agreed. Someone has told him they're rare and so now thinks it's worth a fortune. Rare doesn't necessarily equal sought after or valuable.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Deedee said:

Agreed. Someone has told him they're rare and so now thinks it's worth a fortune. Rare doesn't necessarily equal sought after or valuable.

So true. Crappy items can be rare, because nobody keeps them or bothers to look after them.

Thing is, it is quite a sought-after bass amongst Aria/MIJ aficionados, I've always had a bit of GAS for one myself. An immaculate example might nudge towards 4 figures, but the problem is, this is a fixer-upper missing irreplaceable original parts. In this condition (assuming there's no structural damage) is probably good for about £200 - £250 to someone into these things.

To me (having done plenty of car-boot gyppo-flipping in the past) that would be an excellent profit on something I picked up for buttons.