Why become a member? ×

Hotels

stewblack

6 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

I would avoid Ibis Budget. Notice how the shower cubicle opens straight into the room and the sink is actually in the room. This is a twin room. 

Not overly keen on having my bandmate watch me clean my nadgers!!

20180811_092635.jpg

I'm always alone so public nadger cleaning isn't a problem! . Price is important. On site parking is important. En suite shower and loo is important. Otherwise I'm easy. 

Edited by stewblack

Just spent 6 days on tour in Europe, Ibis Budgets were a decent, clean and affordable option so that’s what we did, aside from last night when the promoters of the festival sorted the hotels for all the bands. Cost for 4 rooms at the Ibis Budgets was generally 200 Euros.

We recently found some dirt cheap digs in a hostel / BnB place just by googling 'hotel' & 'town' and being patient (looking through a few pages). It used Google booking (so was easy and trustworthy) and turned out to be a really nice room for £40; all the AirBnB in the area was around £80.

37 minutes ago, steantval said:

Booked a Premier well in advance and £29 for the night, incredible price.

Several of my pals were a bit lazy and left it a couple of weeks after I had originally booked it and paid nearly £90 for the same date.

Can't go wrong with deals like this. 

1 hour ago, DrBike said:

Our drummer has managed to get us a gig at a corporate event he's attending in London.  I asked if he could sort out some accommodation.  He's offered for me to share his hotel room - at the Savoy!

Fancy!

1 hour ago, DrBike said:

Our drummer has managed to get us a gig at a corporate event he's attending in London.  I asked if he could sort out some accommodation.  He's offered for me to share his hotel room - at the Savoy!

oooooooooooooh! Posh! :P

• 2 months later...
On 18/04/2019 at 12:51, Dov65 said:

Try Air bnb. Used it many a time working away from home

Well , this could be in the awesome thread TBH , I fancied popping down to that London to see a mates art exhibition in Sydenham .

another mate said he’d come as well, so that ruled out the train, and as the art mate doesn’t know we are heading down, it’s probably a touch rich expecting floor space, so I joined ‘air bnb’ 

well , 2 beds in an apartment  for £40 all in seems a right bargain 

so, for the 2 of us, a tank of gas at £80, £40 room leaves £68.00 change from what the day return train would have cost.

maybe a beer or two will be in order 😎

• Like 2