Why become a member? ×

1966 Candy Apple Red Jazz Bass w/Matching Headstock

Jebo1

Hi,

Well, I've been offered a new bass, and I'm thinking of putting this up for sale.

This is a completely original (to the solder joint) 1966 Fender Jazz bass in candy apple red. This is the rarest custom colour and even in this time of frugality, these are still in demand. It has the original covers, bridge, pickups etc. and is ready for a full nut and bolt investigation of its condition. Bring a screwdriver!

The pickups are dated, neckplate is fine, neck date is clear, finish is very 'aged' (let's say batterred), the bridge is original, umm, pickguard, oval tuners, I know what I'm talking about, it's a good un. It took e over 50 vintage Fenders (ok I was a dealer) to find it.

For those in the know, the finish has the silver glitter finish underneath the red finish, which makes it definitely dated to 66' and is the rarer type (Fender fans, it was gold to create the sparkle from 67 onwards).

Umm, it has pearl inlays, and with the neck date is from December of 66'.

Asking price, well, it's going to be around £4,000

Serious PMs etc, let me know. A camera will be forthcoming Sunday (I lost mine on a roadtrip) so pics will go up then. This is a serious sale, and I'm incredibly sad to see it go.

Cheers.

[quote name='Beedster' post='352211' date='Dec 11 2008, 10:10 PM']You're the Father Christmas of the bass world Lawrie :)
How about I give you all my basses and my girlfriend (who trust me, is a babe.....)
Chris[/quote]

Crikey Chris, the neck is far too thin for you my friend :-)

As for your girlfriend, phew, well, the offer is a good one. I'll run it past the missis :-)

[quote name='Jebo1' post='352222' date='Dec 11 2008, 10:22 PM']I'll run it past the missis :-)[/quote]

Mine won't share mate. I've tried :)
Really sorry to hear about the job mate, always had you down as a rock star anyway so perhaps the time to pursue that?
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='352228' date='Dec 11 2008, 10:31 PM']Mine won't share mate. I've tried :)
Really sorry to hear about the job mate, always had you down as a rock star anyway so perhaps the time to pursue that?
Chris[/quote]

Aye, the missis thought that, hence the breakup :-)

I'm self-employed, so it's not so bad really. I have options!

Cheers though bud, it's an odd time. My 60 year old father lost his job on the same day too. Credit Crunch biting my skinny ass!

[quote name='Jebo1' post='352240' date='Dec 11 2008, 10:44 PM']Aye, the missis thought that, hence the breakup :-)

I'm self-employed, so it's not so bad really. I have options!

Cheers though bud, it's an odd time. My 60 year old father lost his job on the same day too. Credit Crunch biting my skinny ass![/quote]

My GF lost hers in mid November - her company simply screwed up its budgets and did a last-in/first-out, despite having aggressively recruited her from her previous job - and about three days later walked into a much better job. Even better, her previous boss was up for the same job :)

Good luck mate

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='352247' date='Dec 11 2008, 10:52 PM']My GF lost hers in mid November - her company simply screwed up its budgets and did a last-in/first-out, despite having aggressively recruited her from her previous job - and about three days later walked into a much better job. Even better, her previous boss was up for the same job :)

Good luck mate

Chris[/quote]

Guess what I meant to say is that it won't take a bloke like you long, and you'll probably end up with something better :huh:

[quote name='Beedster' post='352211' date='Dec 11 2008, 10:10 PM']You're the Father Christmas of the bass world Lawrie :huh:
How about I give you all my basses and my girlfriend (who trust me, is a babe.....)
Chris[/quote]

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='352275' date='Dec 11 2008, 11:26 PM']gotta see this!

makes my 69 feel a bit ordinary :)[/quote]

An absolute perv fest! :huh:

Oh and I've gotta see pics... no not the bass. Beedster's babe. :huh:

B*mmer about your job but as someone who has been through it (more than once or twice... and an impending redundancy in 2010 '[size=1]at least I get a fair bit of notice[/size]'), it's often astonishing how it can be a catalysed for change to the better.