Why become a member? ×

When Dancers Attack!

Happy Jack

Watch as we start a classic rock'n'roll song! Be amazed at the speed with which the dance floor fills up! See the dancer with the flailing hands! Gasp as she inadvertently unplugs @MacDaddy and his pedals and sweeps the cable onto the dance floor! Applaud as @MacDaddy makes a death-defying leap onto the dance floor to retrieve his cable! Laugh as the band has to go around the solo again!

• Like 4

On the main drag, near the northern end of town. It's a pretty big place - that hall is the main music area but there's plenty more besides.

Intriguingly, they only ever seem to book their bands a month in advance - they don't do the "sorry, we're fully booked until next year" thing.

Really nice club, very friendly people, well into their music.

I am well familiar with this type of situation. Revellers sometimes enjoy themselves so much that they take no heed to their surroundings and completely fail to understand that to produce this music that they are enjoying, you need to be in possession of all the bits and pieces of your musical collection. Turning speakers is my biggest annoyance. If it's too loud for you mate, stand further away!

3 hours ago, machinehead said:

Handled like a true pro. :)

I once had a female dancer accidently punch a mic into my lip.

I had to finish the song with a little trickle of blood running down my chin.

Frank.

Another one of my favourites is when folks swing my mic away from me as I'm singing. No matter how often it happens, it never loses its hilarity!

I was playing drums at a gig on the Gloucester Road in Bristol a couple of years back. A young crowd, a lot of them students doing a pub crawl up the road, and we were playing rock covers, so lots of shouting, dancing and general merriment. 

All fun and games, until one young blonde girl, seemingly the worse for alcohol, tripped backwards on the edge of the low stage, and fell directly into the drum kit, wiping out the whole right side and scattering it across the stage. 

We finished the song as she disentangled herself, and that got the biggest cheer of the evening! She’d have been pretty bruised afterwards I’d have thought.  

Very surprising at the time, and thankfully no serious damage done. To the drums, I mean, no idea how she was!