Jump to content
Left leaderboard
stewblack

Barefaced Questions

Recommended Posts

On 31/01/2019 at 18:14, jazzyvee said:

They take a lot of weight. I have this rack which weights 56kg and my big baby 2 doesn't have any problems holding that up.

IMG_2224.JPG

It looks like it’s been squashed.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, stewblack said:

I therefore don't say never complain, you might learn something. But endless repetition of well worn complaints achieves nothing except to increase the negativity in the world and we already have more than enough.

The world doesn’t work like that though. Complaints drive change, particularly if it’s a common complaint.

If nobody ever complained, improvement and innovation would stagnate. So again, I have to politely disagree with you.

Im not sure why you appear to have so much butt hurt here, the forum is rife with complaints about Rickenbacker, Ashdown, Ampeg - I’ve even seen a fair few complaints about Shuker (another homegrown) - but it’s how they are dealt with that makes all the difference.

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stewblack said:

Apparently so.

Well let's say there's twenty manufacturers, obviously there's far more, "most" would require more than half of them to have peeling Tolex issues, so that's eleven even if we're playing it down to only twenty brands, I can think of only two, Barefaced and the early versions of Ampeg after they moved the assembly to another country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have thought customer feedback is important to any company that takes quality control seriously. That includes negative.

Similarly, when people are contemplating shelling out a decent wodge of cash they want to know what they are buying. If that was not the case Tripadvisor wouldn't exist. People want to know the business they're dealing with.

In my own case, I had a Boogie cab that rattled for some reason. My complaint was handled by getting me to return the cab for the replacement of the faulty speaker (with no quibble at all). On opening up the cab, it was discovered that there were about 4 staples that had dropped onto the magnet and they were touching the cone as it moved. They were removed and all was well. Mesa Boogie let me keep the speaker they had sent over and so I have a spare speaker for a Subway 15. That's exemplary customer service from a big company that could have ignored me and not really suffered much by way of consequence.

That sort of experience can demonstrate to others that their business is valued and can reassure them if they are considering forking out for a cab that is not cheap. For the same reason, it is helpful (for some) to know which companies don't provide that level of service and they can make their choices accordingly.

 

Edited by Steve Browning
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2019 at 18:10, Lozz196 said:

It looks like it’s been squashed.

Yeah I agree it does, but there is no way I would be lying on the pub floor to take the picture without the perspective distortion. 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/02/2019 at 12:22, stewblack said:

Good stuff, glad to see a problem being resolved - well done @alexclaber and @Huge Hands. It would be nice if others didn't feel the need for negative sniping, never achieves anything good. The world needs more love not people competing to see who can be most outraged or sarcastic. Only my opinion of course, I respect everyone else's right to live how they want to.

 

It's not negative sniping when it's factually correct. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mcnach said:

 

It's not negative sniping when it's factually correct. 

 

Shh now. Don't let common sense prevail over the viewpoint of a biased owner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Shh now. Don't let common sense prevail over the viewpoint of a biased owner.

 

I'm actually an owner myself. A very happy owner of 2 of those Two10 cabs. Fortunately mine didn't seem to suffer from tolex issues (or feet, but one handle did vibrate a bit for a while 😛). 

I just don't like blanket defending a company (or attacking it ;) ) as a matter of principle. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mcnach said:

 

I'm actually an owner myself. A very happy owner of 2 of those Two10 cabs. Fortunately mine didn't seem to suffer from tolex issues (or feet, but one handle did vibrate a bit for a while 😛). 

I just don't like blanket defending a company (or attacking it ;) ) as a matter of principle. 

 

I know that you're an owner - it's good to see some level headedness around these parts for a change though.

Just out of curiosity, how did the handle rattle problem get resolved...?

Edited by EBS_freak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

I know that you're an owner - it's good to see some level headedness around these parts for a change though.

Just out of curiosity, how did the handle rattle problem get resolved...? Or did the problem vanish when it fell off? Sorry, cheap shot :o

That's really appalling behaviour. Cheap shot indeed!!! 🙂 🙂

 

Edited by Steve Browning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

He wedged the pickup he loaned to them under the handle, when he'd got it back. Sorry, another cheap shot 🙂

Argh, you quoted me before I removed my cheap shot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EBS_freak said:

I know that you're an owner - it's good to see some level headedness around these parts for a change though.

Just out of curiosity, how did the handle rattle problem get resolved...?

 

It was just the metal cover that didn't fit too tightly. The handle was attached alright. I lifted the cap, put a little bit of felt in there, and put the cap back on. No rattling anymore.

I had a similar style handle, only the plastic version rather than the metal one fitted on BF cabs, nearly fail on my old MarkBass CMD121P combo. I hadn't noticed anything unusual, but the rubber grip had frayed with use within a year (I used it a lot), and bought a replacement. When I removed the plastic cover I saw that the metal blade inside the handle was sawing away at the plastic post where the screw goes through. It was almost broken off. The thought of seeing my amp tumbling down a staircase made me very nervous and I installed an all metal handle. Ever since I'm a little cautious about handles. Fortunately, in this case, it was just the metal cover rattling. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mcnach said:

 

It was just the metal cover that didn't fit too tightly. The handle was attached alright. I lifted the cap, put a little bit of felt in there, and put the cap back on. No rattling anymore.

I had a similar style handle, only the plastic version rather than the metal one fitted on BF cabs, nearly fail on my old MarkBass CMD121P combo. I hadn't noticed anything unusual, but the rubber grip had frayed with use within a year (I used it a lot), and bought a replacement. When I removed the plastic cover I saw that the metal blade inside the handle was sawing away at the plastic post where the screw goes through. It was almost broken off. The thought of seeing my amp tumbling down a staircase made me very nervous and I installed an all metal handle. Ever since I'm a little cautious about handles. Fortunately, in this case, it was just the metal cover rattling. 

 

 

I experienced a similar thing many years ago when the handle on an AC30 broke and the metal inner handle came out like a sword from a scabbard. I remember thinking that I had had a lucky escape. If I'd tried to grab it .................

Edited by Steve Browning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to get a handle on these things... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...