Why become a member? ×

thomann

jerseytrev

[quote name='jerseytrev' post='345658' date='Dec 4 2008, 04:28 PM']hi anyone bought from thomann seem very efficient from their website ,they respond to questions quickly[/quote]

Used them loads, and they're good at dealing with problems, eg a guitar stand arrived missing a rubber foot so they sent a whole new stand and told me to keep the incomplete (but perfectly useable) one. And when a power amp failed they sent a courier to pick it up and replaced it within a week.

[quote name='neepheid' post='345662' date='Dec 4 2008, 04:29 PM']I've had no problems with them but I've not used them in ages. Prices aren't as good as I remember though, probably as much the fault of the ailing pound as much as anything.[/quote]

Never had any problem... you just have to be patient if they haven't got stuff in stock.

As with all of these things... to every set of glowing reports, there is always going to be a baddun.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='345669' date='Dec 4 2008, 04:33 PM']Never had any problem... you just have to be patient if they haven't got stuff in stock.[/quote]

Ah yes, I should have added: the only time they've disappointed me was when I made a large order and one item was out of stock I had to wait for that one item to come in before they despatched. So do check stock levels when you're ordering if you're urgent for anything!

[quote name='neepheid' post='345662' date='Dec 4 2008, 04:29 PM']I've had no problems with them but I've not used them in ages. Prices aren't as good as I remember though, probably as much the fault of the ailing pound as much as anything.[/quote]
yes the euro and dollar are strong against the pound at the mo ,but saying that i can get my lakland with the rosewood fingerboard cheaper than uk as i can get the vat off at source because we are outside eu ,which for the gallery would have been a pain having to hand the form to customs on leaving uk , a bit hit and miss in the past ,they do not seem to want to send stuff either also the risk of loss on the plane , the airline managed to lose my wifes suitcase last year .they found out it was left behind . so i would prefer having it sent by courier insured in a hardcase like my others :)

Used them twice in the past couple of months. Goods arrived within a week. I had one problem with an item that had been packaged with a European wall wart - they sent a (good quality) adaptor free of charge within a week.

No complaints at all - they are also quite good at keeping you informed too.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='345716' date='Dec 4 2008, 05:03 PM']Yeah, you even get a text when your package is shipped.[/quote]
yep when i get back me order is going in they just mailed me regarding a hardcase for the lakland with their recomendation , :)
thanks to everyone for the replies

Edited by jerseytrev

Sorry to buck the trend but they basically misled me re the condition of a bass I bought from them, and swore blind it did not come with accessories despite me having the details from the manufacturers website. This was not a cheap bass so I kept a diary of all the misinformation and hassle over a month and sent it to their MD. Subsequently bought items that have been fine but some of the things that make them good ( easy returns) can bite you if you buy that return and they try and pass it off as brand new.

Always been really good and efficient. Their lighting stuff is great value for money - beware their own brand cables though. I bought a couple and they were crackling after a couple of gigs. The only catch is that you have to order over a certain amount to get free delivery but you can always top up with gaffa tape etc.

Think twice about mail ordering big stuff like amps though. It's much easier to deal with your local store if something goes wrong with your bulky 4x10 rather than a firm in Germany.

I will not be using Thomann again. Whilst the goods (an Ashdown 4x10) may have been in perfect condition when it left the warehouse, the cabinet got damaged en route (OK, not a Thoamnn problem but...). Their customer service was dire, the replacement goods got lost in transit and then after a lot of chasing on my part were located.

The whole process took around two months.

I'm sure this isn't generally the case. I was just pretty unfortunate.

There's a thread about it here somewhere - just look up Thomann and Damn! Damn! Damn! :)

P

Edited by NancyJohnson

• 2 weeks later...

Ive just had a bit of a shock.
Back in Oct i ordered a Lakland DJ5, decided i didnt want it before it was shipped but it got shipped anyway. they just said refuse it and it will get sent back.
All went well, refund was issued very quickly and i thought that was that.
Just been checking my latest MBNA statements and the refund is nowhere to be seen. went on to the orders page and then noticed that the mastercard number thats showing on that order and refund is different from the card used. There is no doubt i did get charged for the bass as that is on my statement so it must have been right at some point but im very worried now as it means im going to have to chase this up and i expect some problems before its resolved.
Could be a while before i use them again.