Why become a member? ×

South West Bass Bash

Bass-ic

[quote name='BassManKev' post='344472' date='Dec 3 2008, 06:07 PM']avon pretty much doesnt exist anymore, bristol is a county on its own[/quote]

Yeah for about 10 years, (this time. It was a county of its own for many years before Avon) ...
You live in CUBA now - Counties that Used to Be Avon

:)

+1 for Bristol

or one in SE Wales, but not on the same day :huh:

[quote name='Absolute-beginner' post='344808' date='Dec 3 2008, 09:34 PM']'As for celeb attendees we could always ask Stuart Clayton - nice chap and Devon based. '

Thats not a bad idea. Do you think he would be up for it?

So, is everyone happy with Bristol? or should we have another poll?

Cheers
matt[/quote]

Isn't Bass Guitar Mag based there? Maybe they'd chuck in a few quid or ex-demo Roscoes as prizes for the rafle

I'm up for it (gigs allowing, etc).

Brizzle is best for me though I'm happy with Bridgewater or Taunton.

Venue wise, an alternative to the Drum Bank is Room 4 Studios in Whitehall (east Bristol). It's got three decent sized rooms plus a 'common room' type area with a pool table and tea and coffee facilities and they do food (burgers etc) as well. Parking isn't great though....

Well it seems it's more likely going to be in Bristol, and unfortunately I'm not too familiar with the place to organise something. So really it's down to one of the Bristolians if this is going to happen.

Edited by Josh

[quote name='elom' post='344799' date='Dec 3 2008, 09:31 PM']As for celeb attendees we could always ask Stuart Clayton - nice chap and Devon based.[/quote]
V.nice chap, aye. He's also Head of Bass at the Bristol Institute of Modern Music.
And he borrowed my Deep Impact box for a mag review once. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

[quote name='Josh' post='394959' date='Jan 29 2009, 09:21 PM']Nope.[/quote]

Ok, anyone still interested in doing this? I'm very happy to help in any way.

I've got a large, low ceiling modern church hall we can use for free, with PA, loads of parking, bogs, coffee and tea facilities, Tesco over the road, Costa and [b]plenty of pubs[/b]. Not forgetting the famous "Hovis Hill" to admire and role down.

It's in Shaftesbury though, on the A350 so good for anyone coming up from Poole/Bournemouth/Southampton, or down from Bath/Brissle, or East from Wiltshire/Salisbury, or West from Yeovil and ye olde flat lands beyond.

Anyway, don't want to step on any toes, just happy to help.

John

[quote name='oldslapper' post='728905' date='Jan 29 2010, 04:39 PM']Haha be nice to see the old OHM amp again :) ...and you Steve, of course!![/quote]
Oh, I don't think I'll be bringing that with me - I've got something much more interesting.

[quote name='Dom in Somerset' post='733749' date='Feb 3 2010, 08:59 AM']I'd be interested subject to availability.
I do repairs for a shop in Westbury, they'd probably be up for doing some sort of trade stand, would you be interested?[/quote]
Hey Dom, yes I think that'd be good. maybe they'd like to donate something bassy for a raffle? Proceeds to a good cause.

Looks like this needs to be "pinned" to grab a bit more attention and see how many are up for a get together and who's up for sharing the organising.

[quote name='Master blaster' post='733754' date='Feb 3 2010, 09:08 AM']to far to me :). does shaftesbury count as south west? Somewhere more central like taunton or tiverton would be a hell of alot easier for those that live further west[/quote]

Sure, really it's not my call. Taunton's straight forward for me to get to, and it's on M5 so easy to get to from Bristol and Devon/Cornwall. :rolleyes:

Happy to go anywhere and help out if needed, just be nice to have a get together. Know of any good venues that way?

[quote name='elom' post='735591' date='Feb 4 2010, 10:22 PM']It's a big trek from Devon but I'd give it a try.

Interestingly only round the corner from my preferred luthier in Henstridge![/quote]
oooh!! who's that then?

If he's nearby, could invite him to do a "set up" masterclass if the bash is nearby, and drum up some more business for him/her??