Why become a member? ×

South West Bass Bash

Bass-ic

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='344639' date='Dec 3 2008, 07:38 PM']OOH! I'd be up for a jaunt to wot where them funny talkers be fram loike! COunt me in, gig/practices/work notwithstanding!

ahh...the joys of living in the middle of the middle of the south of england! :)[/quote]

I'll be the poshest one there mind you, I'll charge a £5 fine for any Someret stereotypes which are thrown about :huh:.

[quote name='Absolute-beginner' post='344646' date='Dec 3 2008, 07:42 PM']So when is this going to happen?
2009 at this point in time I would have thought.[/quote]

Indeed, also on depending on the shcedule of which ever venue we end up choosing, but I'd say hopefully between Jan - Feb.

Edited by Josh

indeed

Rehearsal Studios
Two units for hire, Monday to Saturday 11am - 11pm
Good size - 20 ft x 20 ft
Daytime: minimum hire - 2 hours
Evening: fixed session - 7 - 11pm
Facilities include :-

PA for vocals
Optional drum kit
Amps for hire

i read that as two 20ft by 20ft rooms, reckon thats big enough?? hmm

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='344661' date='Dec 3 2008, 07:58 PM']I defo don't think it should matter what gear everyone's got, as long as everyone comes along ready to chat sh!t and have a laugh, it'll be a helluva good day out!

Once again, I'll be able to bring my penal extension of a Hartke stack, my 'Ray5, pedal board etc. if anyone wants a play?[/quote]

Well it is one of the main draws of a Bass Bash but still having a good chat is also a healthy percentage of the whole thing as well.

Of course someone will.

I'm still trying to gauge how many people will 100% be able to make it before I even think about ringing up venues. Would 30 people be a healthy number?

Also, I think I've pretty much thought about every thing I need to take in to consideration for this kind of box social:

Parking
Smoking Facilities
Food
Drink
Plugs
Decent Space
Usage time

Anything I've missed out?

Edited by Josh

if its in bristol i will certainly be coming :) and il be bringing along my stati-ray and a couple of pedals. Pending how close it is to me i might be able to bring the blx amp, but thats unlikely

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='BassManKev' post='344681' date='Dec 3 2008, 08:15 PM']if its in bristol i will certainly be coming :) and il be bringing along my stati-ray and a couple of pedals. Pending how close it is to me i might be able to bring the blx amp, but thats unlikely[/quote]

depending on the location, i might be able to do some sorta lifteroonie :huh:

As said, if I do finally get a concrete amount of names then I'll look into the venues much more in depth and if anything, I may do waht Nik did for the Se bash and go for the enarest Holiday Inn. which is in Taunton, so thats about an hour from Bristol. I'm getting a little lost now because we have to take into account people coming from past Devon and Dorset (maybe even Cornwall), Bristol may be a bit far out for them whereas Taunton/Bridgwater is a better middle point. But hey if someone wants to organise one in Bristol I'll be there nonetheless.

I'm intending to come... I'll be bringing just two basses... the Squier VMJ and the Tanglewood acoustic bass... both Zoom units and if I can lug it down to the car, the Laney RB6 combo... although, I hope to have traded that in for a Lowdown Studio 110 by then...

I have an estate car and would be able to give a lift for anyone else from the Glos/Chelt area

[quote name='Lorne' post='344711' date='Dec 3 2008, 08:32 PM']So,now it's moved from Somerset to Bristol?

It was 86 miles from Plymouth,now it's 127,I doubt I'll be coming now,and anyway,I wouldn't be welcome - I ONLY have B.C.Rich basses,11 of 'em :) :huh: :huh:[/quote]

See why I'm now confused.

well bristol is seen as the 'captial' of the southwest, along with maybe plymouth, so those two places would be the easiest to get to, and since bristol is in reachable distance of midlands people too, id say bristol. If its not in bristol, unless theres a mainline train station chances are i wont be able to come, same reason i couldnt make it to the SE bass bash

I'd be up for it. Taunton would be ideal for me but if it's Bristol I'll still go. Perhaps the proper westcountry boys can co-ordinate some lift shares to make our trip to the North East a bit easier.

As for celeb attendees we could always ask Stuart Clayton - nice chap and Devon based.