Why become a member? ×

South West Bass Bash

Bass-ic

[quote name='BassBod' post='343839' date='Dec 3 2008, 09:44 AM']I'll be there, even though I normally drive straight past Bridgewater, and do everything possible to avoid Taunton....[/quote]
You aren't the only one :) Mind you, at least Bridgy doesn't smell [i]quite[/i] so bad now the cellophane factory's gone. But it's still the perfect place to go if you fancy getting your teeth kicked in on a Saturday night. :huh:

[quote name='BassBod' post='343839' date='Dec 3 2008, 09:44 AM']I'll be there, even though I normally drive straight past Bridgewater, and do everything possible to avoid Taunton....[/quote]

Taunton is a tad bit nicer than this sh*t hole.

[quote name='Rich' post='344256' date='Dec 3 2008, 03:49 PM']You aren't the only one :) Mind you, at least Bridgy doesn't smell [i]quite[/i] so bad now the cellophane factory's gone. But it's still the perfect place to go if you fancy getting your teeth kicked in on a Saturday night. :huh:[/quote]

Or just about any night of the week, but hang on a sec, if your constantly going past Bridgwater why haven't you ever considered stopping by and try and sedcue into that omnious sect that is Shuker?

Edited by Josh

Can I suggest that if the venue is more Bristol way it opens the door to the Welsh - or maybe we need a bash of our own? Or maybe there could be a Wales and the West bash covering the South Wales, Herefordshire, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Avon area which then would allow for the South West bash to be moved further South and/or West to make it more appealing to those in Cornwall/Devon.

Though BassChat being what it is, I'm sure the welcome would be extended beyond boundaries.

Edited by P-T-P

[quote name='P-T-P' post='344340' date='Dec 3 2008, 04:51 PM']Can I suggest that if the venue is more Bristol way it opens the door to the Welsh - or maybe we need a bash of our own? Or maybe there could be a Wales and the West bash covering the South Wales, Herefordshire, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Avon area which then would allow for the South West bash to be moved further South and/or West to make it more appealing to those in Cornwall/Devon.

Though BassChat being what it is, I'm sure the welcome would be extended beyond boundaries.[/quote]

There's no definites or anything yet, so I can't really say yay or nay.

[quote name='Josh' post='344279' date='Dec 3 2008, 04:04 PM']Or just about any night of the week, but hang on a sec, if your constantly going past Bridgwater why haven't you ever considered stopping by and try and sedcue into that omnious sect that is Shuker?[/quote]

"Do you want me to seduce you? Is that what you are asking?"

[quote name='Absolute-beginner' post='344442' date='Dec 3 2008, 05:51 PM']There is no such place as Avon![/quote]
avon pretty much doesnt exist anymore, bristol is a county on its own

Edited by BassManKev

Avon as a county is dead, gas been for years!
We still have Avon and somerset for the Fire and police departments.
I beleive some areas of the NHS. but am not sure of this.

The county town of Bristol, one of only a few mind you, sits nicely between North Somerset and South Glos.

[quote name='Absolute-beginner' post='343683' date='Dec 2 2008, 11:37 PM']I thinnk from lands end up to and not including south Glos!
err maybe.
woss fink?[/quote]

Well, since the whole of Gloucestershire is being shafted by being a member of the South West Regional Development Authority, then Gloucestershire is in the South West...

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_West_Regional_Assembly"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_West_Regional_Assembly[/url]

Gloucester gets the smelly end of the stick anyway... it's always on the periphery of any region it's in... so it's always being ignored by the media... Our local news channels are horribly biased towards Bristol on the one group, or Birmingham on the other conglomerate...

Edited by Paul Cooke

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='344612' date='Dec 3 2008, 07:16 PM']Well, since the whole of Gloucestershire is being shafted by being a member of the South West Regional Development Authority, then Gloucestershire is in the South West...

Gloucester gets the smelly end of the stick anyway... it's always on the periphery of any region it's in... so it's always being ignored by the media... Our local news channels are horribly biased towards Bristol on the one group, or Birmingham on the other conglomerate...[/quote]

Glos is in then!

[quote name='Absolute-beginner' post='344626' date='Dec 3 2008, 07:27 PM']List?
I thought you had done that already, although it transpires that you left out Shockwave. (how could you) ?[/quote]

That was just a draft.

How could I? Simple. He's not crazy anymore.

[quote name='Absolute-beginner' post='344633' date='Dec 3 2008, 07:33 PM']Eh?[/quote]

B.C Rich's are mad, spikey, bizarre, intruiging basses, and he had a short holiday romance with qute alot of them.