Why become a member? ×

South West Bass Bash

Bass-ic

Nope, I'd be there and willing to help sort it out though, I keep going through places in Brdigwater that I could ask, I know an owner of a few warehouses but of course the acoustics would be atrocious. But nonetheless I'd be happy to help muck in and get one in the pipeline, but then again isn't there only like 10 people who post who are from down these funny talkin' parts?

Edited by Josh

I'm originally from Somerset (even though I live in Yorkshire now) so I might be able to fit it in with a visit to my mum or something...
Keep me in the loop...

I'm sure there are a few Church Halls or function rooms not doing much on a dull Sunday in spring...

[quote name='Chipps' post='343403' date='Dec 2 2008, 07:38 PM']I'm originally from Somerset (even though I live in Yorkshire now) so I might be able to fit it in with a visit to my mum or something...
Keep me in the loop...

I'm sure there are a few Church Halls or function rooms not doing much on a dull Sunday in spring...[/quote]

From one funny place with a ridiculous accent to another :).

Hmmm I couldn't bare to be in a church now, we wouldn't be allowed to wear hats either, but there is a place ran by my Mum's old best friend, I think it's called Jual, or something but going by their advert on Orchard Fm, they offer a room for interviews or similar functions, I'll have a quick look into it. If not, there is a chap on here called Will Tottle who owns a hefty amount of warehouses on here who might be up for letting us go mad in one for a few hours, or is that a bit too much?

Edited by Josh

Right just had a look at the Yell and their are some places I had compeltely forgot about and can easily try and arrange something , but I need to know now that if I do find a place and what not, who would be 100% up for it because if there is a good number I'll happily undertake the task or organising such a thing or if someone would like to share the burden?

Come on you toothless cider drinking yocals stick your paws up.

Or if anyone from outside of the SW wants to come would be more than welcome.

Edited by Josh

[quote name='BassManKev' post='343438' date='Dec 2 2008, 08:10 PM']see this is the kinda bass bash which id be up for :)[/quote]

Knowing your luck Kev you'll get stranded in Brissle somehow. Bridgy is only a 30-40 drive from Brissle mind you, so that's a 2 hour walk if your quick :huh:.

[quote name='Absolute-beginner' post='343433' date='Dec 2 2008, 08:09 PM']bah! It didnt work, how do i do it?[/quote]

Bring up the advanced edit option and click on the manage poll option and have a fiddle with that. If still no joy would you want me to start another thread with one?

[quote name='Josh' post='343447' date='Dec 2 2008, 08:13 PM']Bring up the advanced edit option and click on the manage poll option and have a fiddle with that. If still no joy would you want me to start another thread with one?[/quote]
btw, dont wanna start a mass debate (say that as one word :huh:), but i nearly spat my guinness out reading your under avatar bit :)

Edited by BassManKev

I could even take a wild guess at who could possibly be there:

Me obviously.
Absolute Beginner
Master Kev
BottomFeed
Rich
Old Git
Chipps
ChardBass
Bill Banwell
Will Tottle

Just a wild guess, some aren't on here but would no doubt be up for coming, what would be a sensible number before committing to anything?

[quote name='BassManKev' post='343452' date='Dec 2 2008, 08:15 PM']btw, dont wanna start a mass debate (say that as one word :huh:), but i nearly spat my guinness out reading your under avatar bit :)[/quote]

:huh:

It's true as well.

[quote name='Absolute-beginner' post='343457' date='Dec 2 2008, 08:19 PM']Umm no idea.
What do we need? just a place with a bar i guess.
Matt[/quote]

A place big enough for our collective ego's and expensive gear, plug sockets aplenty, toilets and smoking facilities (Filthy habbit), food maybe, I'm just trying to take in to account everything the other guys did when they were setting up the SE Bass Bash.

Parking as well.

Edited by Josh

[quote name='Lorne' post='343502' date='Dec 2 2008, 08:59 PM']Wow,is Bridgwater even in the South West???? :)

It's certainly on the border,it would depend on when really[/quote]

In fact it's nearly in the middle, Bristol and Bath are on the border I think, I could be wrong.

Just had a helpful PM from SilverfoxNik and one thing he said is about how big the actual SW area is, should there be a limit or should it ecompass from Brissle all the way to the home of Doc Martin?

[quote name='BeLow' post='343541' date='Dec 2 2008, 09:31 PM']In the middle of what? Bandit country?

I suppose if you ignore Cornwall you might be close to being right. Lorne's right[/quote]

Alright, either way we've still got the sodding accent.