Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

On 30/08/2023 at 17:46, attackbass said:

Just officially became a spector endorsee and ordered a Violet fade Euro 5 LT, coming on Friday! Very excited. Never thought I would go for that colour but it very much grew on me with the gold hardware. 

May I ask the name of the band you are in please? Always interested to hear Bc members music. Cheers 🫡

13 hours ago, attackbass said:

Hey, yep my first one!

I'm not usually a fan of bartolinis and more a fan of EMGs but it sounds good and the darkglass preamp seems quite aggressive. I initially thought I wanted a Classic 5 in black with EMG J pickups but I'm glad I went for the LT with that 35" scale..

The B string is outrageous..usually as I play further up the neck the notes lose their definition but on this they ring clear as if it was an E string! Blew me away.

One thing I noticed was the pickups were really close to the strings, is this normal with LTs?

Yeah the strings are close to the pups on my Spector. The Barts with the Darkglass will absolutely thrill you when you get used to them - Amazing tone and growl! Mr Bartolini passed yesterday :( https://www.guitarworld.com/news/bill-bartolini-has-died

Edited by andy67

No problem!

I had a dreaded moment yesterday where I thought there was a crack in the fretboard. A few photos sent to Barnes and Mullins today and they've reassured me it's just a patch of open grain and have offered to fill it and blend it in for me if I was worried about it cosmetically but I think I'm OK with it!! Can't fault those guys at all, so helpful and really love the brands they distribute here!

Been playing it more tonight! I think the barts are quite dark but cracking the eq open a little really opens things up and you get that deep edgy tone I love!

• Like 1

Oh amazing, I think that's my preferred choice. Think I might invest in a new strap too! The levys I've been using on the alpher is coming to the end of its life and I have a mono one but found that im always concious of it whilst i am playin.

I would assume they use the same strap buttons on the LX and LTs! 

• Like 1

Took the Euro LT to a rehearsal last night. I absolutely love this bass. The tone is really growly, seems to sit perfectly with just a small boost of treble and bass. Compared to my Warwicks the Spector just has a bit more bite and attitude to the sound.

The way it responds to your playing and just the way it feels to play, I found myself suddenly doing some doug wimbish type techniques 🤣😅. It's like like it pushes back against you in a really good, satisfying way! So happy.

• Like 5