Why become a member? ×

Warwick Vampyre bass for sale...

warwickhunt

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='336829' date='Nov 26 2008, 12:05 AM']If you see one for sale have quick squint here and give some help.[/quote]

Very cheap too

EDIT to clarify - I mean it's a very cheap trick the guy pulled in conning someone out of cash

Edited by Hamster

[quote name='Hamster' post='336900' date='Nov 26 2008, 01:40 AM']Very cheap too[/quote]

Jeeezus...
Bitching at each other. :huh:
One bad post does not have to leave a bad taste everywhere else. :)

+ The fact....you neveeer know baby. You just never know.
Newbies turning up and all that.

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='lowdown' post='337260' date='Nov 26 2008, 02:05 PM']Jeeezus...
Bitching at each other. :huh:
One bad post does not have to leave a bad taste everywhere else. :huh:

+ The fact....you neveeer know baby. You just never know.
Newbies turning up and all that.

Garry[/quote]
i have to say, i did not understand any part of that post :)

I'm sure what the man meant was that we should not all be soured by the experience of IncX and that we risk turning into suspicious cynics with anyone new joining the Forum, especially if they want to sell

Alternatively:

"My hovercraft is full of eels"*

* For the older BCers

I actually think the experience that Reuel had almost warrants being a sticky for the very reason that it would serve as a salutary warning to all but especially newbies. I don't think for one minute this should influence newbies from joining and/or selling but it should certainly highlight the need to be 'very' careful when conducting transactions even with established BCers.

If anything I think the whole episode has made for a better forum. Complete strangers came to the aid of a complete unknown and are even now helping remedy this sad situation...

Sorry this does need to come to an end at some point soon but I think that a lot of good will come from this.

[quote name='Clarky' post='337666' date='Nov 26 2008, 08:19 PM']"My hovercraft is full of eels"*[/quote]
For those interested cunning linguists who wish to pursue the topic further [url="http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/hovercraft.htm"]http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/hovercraft.htm[/url]

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='337675' date='Nov 26 2008, 08:29 PM']If anything I think the whole episode has made for a better forum. Complete strangers came to the aid of a complete unknown and are even now helping remedy this sad situation...[/quote]

Agreed. Can't help but think that BC has gone from being a forum to a community - and that should even a long-standing member of the community transgress, the community would first attempt to self-regulate, but ultimately would not baulk at referring matters to proper authorities. However, the old maxim, caveat emptor, will always apply.

Edited by noelk27

[quote name='Clarky' post='337666' date='Nov 26 2008, 08:19 PM']Alternatively:

* For the older BCers[/quote]

i don't know about it being for the older basschatters, i was born 3 years after graham chapman died, but the monty python movies are all in my top 10 movies. and most of my male friends love monty python, too (for some reason i don't know any females that find it funny). if you quoted my hovercraft is full of eels to all of the boys in my year at school, i'd be willing to bet at least a third of em would know what you're on about.

[quote name='LWTAIT' post='337815' date='Nov 26 2008, 10:32 PM']i don't know about it being for the older basschatters, i was born 3 years after graham chapman died, but the monty python movies are all in my top 10 movies. and most of my male friends love monty python, too (for some reason i don't know any females that find it funny). if you quoted my hovercraft is full of eels to all of the boys in my year at school, i'd be willing to bet at least a third of em would know what you're on about.[/quote]
Drop your panties, Sir William; I cannot wait until lunchtime!

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Hungarian_Phrasebook"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Hungarian_Phrasebook[/url]

OK, I've now downed a bottle of red wine and reminiscing ..... old fart that I am

[quote name='lowdown' post='337676' date='Nov 26 2008, 08:29 PM']I am sorry to Hamster if i misunderstood his quote.[/quote]

No need to apologise, I wasn't clear and I was half dozing off. I meant it was a cheap attempt by the original seller to con people.

[quote name='Clarky' post='337666' date='Nov 26 2008, 08:19 PM']I'm sure what the man meant was that we should not all be soured by the experience of IncX and that we risk turning into suspicious cynics with anyone new joining the Forum, especially if they want to sell

Alternatively:

* For the older BCers[/quote]

or even "The seagulls follow the trawler".....