Why become a member? ×

Bass and cars

scannerman

5 minutes ago, Crawford13 said:

Possibly mate, my info was purely from a google search lol...

5A1F694C-DFEA-4428-A73D-6FE82531AAE4.png

Not sure about that but they are on Centurian way in Leicester now, always loads of the cars around there so think that’s where they are built and not just a HQ.

On 28/04/2018 at 08:24, police squad said:

Gibson..........Saab.

always on the brink of going bust!!!!!!

oh, hang on..............................

I always wondered why anyone would buy a Saab. What is the point of them,..................Then I understood and nearly bought one.

A bit like Gibson basses but I've bought Gibson basses but not a Saab.

Remember folks, I'm only joshing here because I'm gassing for a gold top L/P bass and Saab convertible in cerrulian blue

On 28/04/2018 at 14:11, oldslapper said:

Nanyo Bass Collection = Saab

You have to have owned one to understand. Neither hold there value & cheap as chips. (I've owned both...)

Loving the Saab links.  And just like Saabs, the older ones are the best (pre GM to be precise) solid, well built with plenty of oomph  😁

On 4/28/2018 at 17:11, Skybone said:

Rickenbacker: Land Rover (Solid, dependable, not everyone likes them, styling from a bygone era, but they still keep going)

Rickenbacker and a Lotus - quirky, a few rough edges, don't follow the pack, huge grin on face.

mKeo3Tt.jpg

1AtL5jv.jpg

(Mind you, I might be buying a Land Rover soon too!)

9 hours ago, prowla said:

Rickenbacker and a Lotus - quirky, a few rough edges, don't follow the pack, huge grin on face.

mKeo3Tt.jpg

1AtL5jv.jpg

(Mind you, I might be buying a Land Rover soon too!)

LOTUS stands for; Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious (so Rickenbacker is a pretty good fit :D).

4 minutes ago, Japhet said:

LOTUS stands for; Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious (so Rickenbacker is a pretty good fit :D).

I think that's one of those urban myth things, just like with Rics. :-)

Mine's 12 years old and I've had more trouble with other cars (Ford, Vauxhall, BMW, Seat); I think the Toyota engine was a smart move.

(The L is for "Loads", BTW. :-) )

5 minutes ago, prowla said:

Mine's 12 years old and I've had more trouble with other cars (Ford, Vauxhall, BMW, Seat); I think the Toyota engine was a smart move.

The modern ones are fine but the Elite, Eclat, early Esprit era produced some shockingly unreliable cars. A mate of mine had an Elite which was like a black hole for money. It was rarely not being fixed and on the odd occasions he did go out in it I'd invariably get a phone call to recover the thing.

4 minutes ago, Japhet said:

The modern ones are fine but the Elite, Eclat, early Esprit era produced some shockingly unreliable cars. A mate of mine had an Elite which was like a black hole for money. It was rarely not being fixed and on the odd occasions he did go out in it I'd invariably get a phone call to recover the thing.

You might have a point there...

4 hours ago, prowla said:

Isn't the Toyota engine actually made by Yamaha?

CatAmongPigeons.png.9ff2d78ca250685f695c33f364ceb287.png

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, prowla said:

One of the variants is tweaked by Yamaha.

The 1800cc Yamaha engine that is in the Toyota Corolla T-Sport is also used in one of the Lotuses.  The Elise, if I recall correctly.

"The 2ZZ-GE in the Elise

Elise is coming to America with Toyota's Yamaha-designed 2ZZ-GE in 2004. This is the most recent in a series of Toyota performance engines created by Yamaha. As with the earlier Yamaha-designed Toyota 4A-GE which is the basis of Formula Atlantic racing engines, the 'G' designation of the 2ZZ-GE indicates a 50 degree included valve angle, which is a geometry selected for better breathing and higher performance than the flatter combustion chamber designs which promote lower emissions at the expense of power."

From  Sands Mechanical Museum

Edited by SpondonBassed

Yamaha = Nissan (no bikes allowed on a car thread, surely, otherwise we might as well include all transport including rickshaws?).

The top of the range Yamaha BBNE2 = Nissan GTR; they both growl beautifully.

• Image result for yamaha bbne2
    image.jpeg.ddebf327b1b9733c7102404321e70738.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Yamaha = Nissan (no bikes allowed on a car thread, surely, otherwise we might as well include all transport including rickshaws?).

Before we fall out, I'd like to say that I haven't mentioned 'bikes.  I have mentioned two cars that have Yamaha engines in.

Carry on.

16 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

Before we fall out, I'd like to say that I haven't mentioned 'bikes.  I have mentioned two cars that have Yamaha engines in.

Carry on.

Yup, I know! And if you had read some of earlier posts in the thread you might have worked out that I wasn't actually referring to you...

But I note that you're a self declared  "part time miserable old git" so, taking that into account, I'll definitely not be falling out xD 

Edited by Al Krow

6 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Yup, I know! And if you had read some of earlier posts in the thread you would might have worked out that I wasn't actually referring to you...

But I note that you're a self declared  "part time miserable old git" so, taking that into account, I'll definitely not be falling out xD 

...carry on.