Why become a member? ×

Smoking, drinking, eating, watching TV etc.while on stage?

Barking Spiders

1 hour ago, discreet said:

It's the waste of time that hurts most. And what's more, you knew it. But as usual when negative thoughts arose, it was time for another drink. When I finally gave up it wasn't the physical addiction I found hard to deal with - that's just a habit like any other - it was the forty years' worth of questionable behaviour and terrible choices that came flying out of the booze-locked box where I'd been keeping them, into the cold light of day. So now it's a case of not wasting what time I have left and avoid things like... spending too long online, for example...

D'OH!! 

Pretty much that for me too - I look back now and think of all of the things which I could have, and should have done, but didn`t due to my primary mission of getting hammered at the weekends (and at other indiscriminate times as well).

4 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Pretty much that for me too - I look back now and think of all of the things which I could have, and should have done, but didn`t due to my primary mission of getting hammered at the weekends (and at other indiscriminate times as well).

Heh. Well, I certainly didn't mean to depress the crap out of everyone. :biggrin: Don't look back, folks! Onwards and upwards! Excelsior!

I have to say that although i used get well oiled in my early 20's i only ever drank a few beers while playing just once and i made too many minor mistakes i never did it again.

I have no regrets about what i did back then as i look at it as an adventure in life where we learn how to cope with various situations. 

Yes i was offered a few possible options towards fame but i enjoyed my job at the time and it paid better. Its always been a hobby and was always gonna take a back seat to my real job. 

Of course i could probably have climbed the career ladder a bit earlier but in hindsight i had a great time when i was younger and when i took work more seriously i managed to get to a pretty good management job that paid well enough to retire early. 

So all in all i really have no regrets except getting rid of some of my bass gear :biggrin: