Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer $$ Zebrano - STOLEN!!!

ray_6ao7

Hi guys,

posting on behalf of another Warwick forum member...

[b]"Hi Folks

I was lucky enough to purchase one of the UK Streamer $$ Zebrano 5 string's in London, and then unlucky/stupid enough to have it pinched within two weeks of owning it.

I know it's a long shot but if anybody spots it knocking around for sale in the UK (or anywhere) then please let me know!

Thanks"[/b]

[url="http://warwick.de/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=129301#129301"]Original post[/url]

If anyone spots anything please get in touch

cheers

Ray

Edited by ray_6ao7

[quote name='MB1' post='331562' date='Nov 18 2008, 03:53 PM']MB1. :)
Absolute Bastards.....
will keep an eye on the mancunian market!
How limited were these models?????[/quote]

[quote name='Mike' post='331577' date='Nov 18 2008, 04:18 PM']No serial or discernable features? Was it stolen in London, or just purchased there? I think perhaps a smidge more info would help his plight.

Regards

Mike[/quote]

The Zebrano ones are pretty damn unusual/hard to find and the patternation of the wood is quite individual. I'd safely say that if you see one for sale in the SE on/in Gumtree/Crack Convertors then chances are it'll be this one! :huh:

[quote name='XB26354' post='331730' date='Nov 18 2008, 07:22 PM'][url="http://www.warwick.de/modules/produkte/produkt.php?submenuID=14667&katID=14829&cl=EN"]http://www.warwick.de/modules/produkte/pro...14829&cl=EN[/url][/quote]
Madre de Dios, that's a good looking bass and I never thought I'd say that about a W*****k! Rest assured I'll keep 'em peeled down here.

I'm in Luton so it probably won't end up over here, but we have plenty of scummy f*%$ers that steal so if I see it I will let you know.

Was it insured? Stolen at a gig or from your car, burgled....? May sound strange to ask but may make a diference as to where it ends up and what kind of person stole it.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='332578' date='Nov 19 2008, 07:49 PM']Ray,

I have started a pinned topic in Bass guitars for stolen basses, is it possible to get any more info and start a new post in that topic please so that this doesnt get lost?

Bob.[/quote]

Hi Bob

i'm just waiting for some more info off the guy it was stolen from but as soon as i here from him, i'll let you know!

cheers

Hi folks

I've just logged on to the Warwick forums and noticed somebody had kindly advertised (Thanks Ray)

To answer some of the questions:
[list]
[*]MB1 - there were 10 of them, and 10 Corvettes.
[*]Mike - I have the serial, last two digits 08, not going to post the whole thing in case somebody misuses it to claim it! Possibly with Black rounded case and flourecent orange strap. Taken in Bath, October 25th.
[*]Gusto - Not insured, brand new and hadn't got 'round to it, I'm slightly embarrased to admit but taken from the drive outside my house, unloaded the van at three in the morning after a long day and a long drive and left it out, so partially my fault.
[*] Spec Here [url="http://www.warwick.de/modules/produkte/produkt.php?submenuID=14667&katID=14829&cl=EN"]http://www.warwick.de/modules/produkte/pro...14829&cl=EN[/url]
[/list]

Thanks everybody for your help and messages, Ray especially...

[quote name='topski76' post='336651' date='Nov 25 2008, 09:17 PM'][*]Gusto - Not insured, brand new and hadn't got 'round to it, I'm slightly embarrased to admit but taken from the drive outside my house, unloaded the van at three in the morning after a long day and a long drive and left it out, so partially my fault.[/quote]

Ah man, unlucky, and in all honesty you’ve probably saved yourself the insurance premiums as I doubt they would have paid out if you’d told them that story. I really hope this turns up cos it’s a beautiful instrument and the person who took it probably doesn’t even realise what they have. Definitely keeping my eyes out for you though…

PS – do you have any pics of the bass with you playing it? Like live ones? Just that if you don’t and it does turn up on ebay (or likewise) then you may find it hard to claim it’s yours if all you have is the serial number.

Edited by benwhiteuk

Hi Ben... I don't think live ones, though I did a few gigs with it and might be able to get in touch with someone who did take some - good thought, thanks. Also I can get in touch with the place I bought it, hopefully they could help too. That's step two though - it turning up would be a good first step!!

[quote name='ray_6ao7' post='333044' date='Nov 20 2008, 12:26 PM']Hi Bob

i'm just waiting for some more info off the guy it was stolen from but as soon as i here from him, i'll let you know!

cheers[/quote]

hi ray,

a question thats niggling at me, how come it's taken him a month to post as stolen?

andy

[quote name='andy67' post='337532' date='Nov 26 2008, 06:09 PM']hi ray,

a question thats niggling at me, how come it's taken him a month to post as stolen?

andy[/quote]

Andy

I'm new to Bass Chat, I posted it on the Warwick forum on November 17th and Ray saw it and posted here. Why did I not post straight away on the 25th? well I spent a week chasing up leads locally, getting in touch with music shops etc... then I was on holiday for the week, it was only when I was on the Warwick site looking for other places that might stock one I noticed the forums.

Hope that answers your question.

Tom

• 1 month later...