Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, neepheid said:

image.png.6e091ef047ee8d9cafd49ae218058569.png

*whistles innocently*

If this is Parcelforce, don't wait for them to write to you and tell you they're expecting a payment - log it as a support job and they will email you the link. I had this with Ducati spares, it took them 7 days to get around to telling me the items were awaiting customs payment.

54 minutes ago, pete.young said:

If this is Parcelforce, don't wait for them to write to you and tell you they're expecting a payment - log it as a support job and they will email you the link. I had this with Ducati spares, it took them 7 days to get around to telling me the items were awaiting customs payment.

Dinna worry, I'm watching the tracking like a hawk, as soon as it's at the local depot, I'll be down there.  Pretty sure I read somewhere that you don't have to wait for the demand, you can just rock up and pay.

6 minutes ago, neepheid said:

Dinna worry, I'm watching the tracking like a hawk, as soon as it's at the local depot, I'll be down there.  Pretty sure I read somewhere that you don't have to wait for the demand, you can just rock up and pay.

Yes that what I do, they will take your money at the depot or pay online before you go there 

21 hours ago, neepheid said:

Merry Christmas to me.

00yamahabb1200xmas.thumb.jpg.8404b31cc1f7bdb1831376070ab70c5e.jpg

Picked it up before work, now am at work for an agonising 8 hours, more later.

Also, good to be back in BB land, been a few years!

Wow a BB 1200?  is it full scale length?

it's beautiful

• Like 1

On 21/12/2023 at 09:24, neepheid said:

Merry Christmas to me.

00yamahabb1200xmas.thumb.jpg.8404b31cc1f7bdb1831376070ab70c5e.jpg

Picked it up before work, now am at work for an agonising 8 hours, more later.

Also, good to be back in BB land, been a few years!

Congrats! I am sure you will enjoy it. I recently owned its sibling in the sunburst finish, also from 78.
Great bass with lots of oomph. Unfortunately, I recently had to sell it to pay some bills. Sad but true 😞

Maybe someone here got it (sold it via BassBros). Whoever got it - you got yourself a great bargain!

39.YamahaBB1200Cherryburst.thumb.jpg.fa2e5c69daef6ca4c27b2ad1bf8a883f.jpg 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Congrats! I am sure you will enjoy it. I recently owned its sibling in the sunburst finish, also from 78.
Great bass with lots of oomph. Unfortunately, I recently had to sell it to pay some bills. Sad but true 😞

Maybe someone here got it (sold it via BassBros). Whoever got it - you got yourself a great bargain!

Oh, those burst ones are lovely also, and that one looks in great nick.  Sorry you had to sell it, enforced sales are the worst :(

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

I yours @Eldon Tyrell might be for sale/trade on the Vintage BB Facebook group. 

It's blurry as I've had to zoom in lots on a compressed fb image, but look at that dark bit of grain to the top left of the volume knob compared to your picture above. 

Yours, 

Screenshot_20231222_174725_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1c2dd3432d9f7486bacb72c8d15be4e9.jpg

The one on Facebook, 

Screenshot_20231222_174557_Facebook.jpg.be6107dd99e4b0f24461b7c456223c3a.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Maude said:

I yours @Eldon Tyrell might be for sale/trade on the Vintage BB Facebook group. 

It's blurry as I've had to zoom in lots on a compressed fb image, but look at that dark bit of grain to the top left of the volume knob compared to your picture above. 

Yours, 

Screenshot_20231222_174725_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1c2dd3432d9f7486bacb72c8d15be4e9.jpg

The one on Facebook, 

Screenshot_20231222_174557_Facebook.jpg.be6107dd99e4b0f24461b7c456223c3a.jpg

Well spotted, DCI @Maude 🙂 

• Haha 1

I'm really finding it hard not to contact the seller. 

He wants to trade it for a 2000 or 3000 but I keep wondering if he'd like an outright sale. 

I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it... 

... But I want it. 😂

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Maude said:

I'm really finding it hard not to contact the seller. 

He wants to trade it for a 2000 or 3000 but I keep wondering if he'd like an outright sale. 

I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it... 

... But I want it. 😂

Go for it. It is a great bass. You can haggle a bit too: The knobs are not the original ones!

13 minutes ago, neepheid said:

Those knobs are highly sought after and a source of major annoyance if they go missing. If you know, you know...

Exactly. I got the bass from the Bass Hunter in Japan. So far, he managed to find "one" replacement knob. I asked him to keep on looking for a second one and then send me both together to save postage costs. Well, I don't need them anymore but whoever buys the BB, now you know that you only need to find one 🙂 

Please feel free to write to Danny if you want the knob. I paid for it (¥2,154, March this year) and I am happy to donate it to the new owner of my BB. Merry Christmas 🎄

• Like 1

@Eldon Tyrell

Well that sold fast! 

I saw the sellers post this morning that he'd put your old 1200 on Reverb. Clicked the link all excited and it was already sold. Only listed last night. 

To be honest it was a bit steep for me as an impulse buy but must've been a fair price to sell so quickly. 

It did look fantastic though. 😍

https://reverb.com/item/77454231-yamaha-bb1200-1978-sunburst?publish_confirmation=true&fbclid=IwAR1QQaJQCVWpo0qeprZ_1VWP25vq_Qq1bffXV1tncjFzypePPnoJNf-1P4s

1 minute ago, Maude said:

@Eldon Tyrell

Well that sold fast! 

I saw the sellers post this morning that he'd put your old 1200 on Reverb. Clicked the link all excited and it was already sold. Only listed last night. 

To be honest it was a bit steep for me as an impulse buy but must've been a fair price to sell so quickly. 

It did look fantastic though. 😍

https://reverb.com/item/77454231-yamaha-bb1200-1978-sunburst?publish_confirmation=true&fbclid=IwAR1QQaJQCVWpo0qeprZ_1VWP25vq_Qq1bffXV1tncjFzypePPnoJNf-1P4s

Back in October, BassBros sold it very quickly too, one or two days, as far as I remember. 

Maybe the price was too low. I think it was £1k.