Why become a member? ×

9V batteries - Duracell Professional or Power Plus ???

dmccombe7

[quote name='casapete' timestamp='1489570320' post='3257937']
How do the Lidl ones compare to Duracells price wise?
[/quote]
I get two aerocell for €1.84 in a blister. Don't know about UK prices, sorry.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1489574261' post='3257996']
Eneloop for AAs - last for ages and don't discharge when not in use.
[/quote]
They are very similar to the imedion I use, I found a better deal on the latter is all at nkon.nl

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1489570064' post='3257934']
I saw a TV program and they put 4 different makes of battery into model cars and ran them until they stopped. In this test the Duracell batteries did not last as long as Lidl's own!

I have always used Duracell but that just seems to demonstrate the power of advertising.

Lidl batteries? Seems I need to try some of those.
[/quote] I think the program was rip off britain and yeah the Lidl batteries came out on top by a good bit if I remember correctly and in answer to another post I think Aldi batterys are called Activ power

[quote name='casapete' timestamp='1489570320' post='3257937']
How do the Lidl ones compare to Duracells price wise?
[/quote]

From memory when i bought Aerocell batteries from Lidl i think they were at least half the price of Duracell.
My only worry is that one failed within few days in smoke alarm. That might just be a rare duffer.

Dave

[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1489554492' post='3257841']
for my pedals I use this Joyo rechargeable battery, 2000mA, lasts for hours

[url="https://www.cheaperpedals.com/products/joyo-jmp-02-portable-power-supply"]https://www.cheaperp...le-power-supply[/url]

[/quote]
Or... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1X-8-AA-Cells-Battery-12V-Clip-Holder-Enclosed-Box-Case-With-On-Off-Switch-Leads-/381670101922

with 2 packs of these

https://www.batterystation.co.uk/rechargeable-batteries/sanyo-eneloop-xx-rechargeable-aa-batteries-2500-mah

Under £30, same deal. (Of course, you'll need to own a battery charger already - and make sure that the polarity is right for your pedals) - and you get an extra 50mAh. (so should power your pedal for 25% longer than the Joyo).

for those people buying the Duracell Industrial on ebay, watch out for fakes, i've swapped to own brand alkaline batteries (from wherever has a half decent deal) the last lot of AA duracells i got on ebay were definitely fake, the casings were the wrong colour and they didn't have the duracell colour coding on the bottom either.

the fake ones are often just zinc chloride batteries so won't last anything like as long as even a supermarket alkaline battery.

Matt

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1489570064' post='3257934']
I saw a TV program and they put 4 different makes of battery into model cars and ran them until they stopped. In this test the Duracell batteries did not last as long as Lidl's own!

I have always used Duracell but that just seems to demonstrate the power of advertising.

Lidl batteries? Seems I need to try some of those.
[/quote]

It was on shop well for less. Interestingly, the Duracells they used were branded, 'Simply Duracell'. I recon that they are a cheaper, less powerful, Duracell than the usual ones and if they'd used power plus of ultra power then the results may well have been a bit different.

[quote name='bertbass' timestamp='1489582904' post='3258123']
It was on shop well for less. Interestingly, the Duracells they used were branded, 'Simply Duracell'. I recon that they are a cheaper, less powerful, Duracell than the usual ones and if they'd used power plus of ultra power then the results may well have been a bit different.
[/quote]

Think this was my original query.

What makes the "Simply Duracell" batteries any different than "Power Plus". They will both still show 9.6V off load. What in the manufacturing process gives you a battery that lasts longer ?

I can find a data sheet for the Professional 9V battery but nothing on the standard Duracell 9V battery that would allow a decent comparison.

[attachment=240635:Industrial 9V.pdf]

Dave

Our local poundland stocks simply duracell and they are pretty cheap. Not sure if they're different to regular ones.
Pp3 I've always used duracell industrial or pro bought onlinein my active bass. Cheap and seem to last well but can't compare as I don't use many.
For my canon flashguns I use recharcheable 2600mh 7 day shop AA cells which are very good, until they lose their memory but cheap enough and seem to last quite well

Avoid Ikea Batteries-ive had a couple leak and they don't last long

Edited by lonestar