Why become a member? ×

Whats the next gig you're going to see?

Tait

1. [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hanson_Brothers"]The Hanson Brothers[/url], Weds 5th Nov, Brighton
2. Motorhead / Saxon / Danko Jones, Thurs 6th Nov, Brighton

Both these dates coincide with the in-laws coming all the way from Alnwick for their grand-daughters 1st birthday, unfortunately. For them.

[quote name='johnnylager' post='312093' date='Oct 22 2008, 02:01 PM']1. [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hanson_Brothers"][b]The Hanson Brothers[/b][i][/i][/url], Weds 5th Nov, Brighton
2. Motorhead / Saxon / Danko Jones, Thurs 6th Nov, Brighton

Both these dates coincide with the in-laws coming all the way from Alnwick for their grand-daughters 1st birthday, unfortunately. For them.[/quote]

wicked live. saw them at the basement in leeds a few years back. got very drunk and pumped a hottie. good night in all.

[quote]Michelle Shocked[/quote]

never heard of Michelle shocked and its the third time Ive heard the name today! must see what they are all about.
Im off for some post rock madness in cardiff tonight. some band called Mahjongg and great cardiff band called truckers of Husk.

19/11/08 - Opeth, Birmingham Academy
01/12/08 - Coheed and Cambria, London Astoria
02/12/08 - Coheed and Cambria, London Astoria
03/12/08 - Coheed and Cambria, London Astoria
04/12/08 - Coheed and Cambria (acoustic), London Astoria
04/12/08 - Coheed and Cambria, London Astoria
:)

[quote name='TheBrokenDoor' post='311796' date='Oct 22 2008, 09:06 AM']The Bays and The Heritage Orchestra, Royal Northern, Manc.

They're awesome!!

Dan[/quote]

You have good taste sir,

Check out bbc 2 tomorrow night for The Streets with the Heritage Orch gig. Should be a good one if today's rehearsal is anything to go by.

Hi Chris! I'll be travelling back from my "Will the label fund the SXSW trip?" meeting tomorrow night but hopefully it'll be on iPlayer.

If I see you at the gig, I'll introduce myself. My name is Dan.

Good luck with it tomorrow!!

Dan

PS. Small world... As a Manc Jazz man, I know Luke and John from Cin Orch from years ago!!

Edited by TheBrokenDoor

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='312169' date='Oct 22 2008, 03:08 PM']I'm watching The Mighty Boosh live show tonight.[/quote]
Our sound man does the sound for those gigs too, but I don't know whether he's the only one they use. Have a look and if you see a skinny medium height bloke with a crew cut that'll be him.

I'm hoping to go and see the Sunburst Band with Julian Crampton on bass in mid November. Anyone else fancy coming?

[quote name='woodenshirt' post='311795' date='Oct 22 2008, 09:05 AM']The Pirates in Leicester this Saturday (25th).

My favourite band.

Good old (Doctor Feelgood type) R n B played by blokes (except for the drummer) who are older than me!

Anybody else like this kind of music?

Mart.[/quote]

Yes, I do!

I'm going to see them on Friday 28th November at the Half Moon, Putney :)

Aimee Mann at the Leadmill in Sheffield tonight..she used to play a mean bass and sing but now she's on acoustic guitar with just keys and drums I think.
Best gig (after SD)I ever saw was her and Jon Brion at the Duchess in Leeds doing most of all the material off her early albums with just bass and guitar, Got her autograph too that night :)

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='312463' date='Oct 22 2008, 08:17 PM']I'll be there.[/quote]
I'll be the pissed bloke in a Hansen Brothers t-shirt down the front during Saxon, crying to & singing all the old classics, ignoring anything after 1986 and alternately shouting 'Where's Dobby?' and 'Bass solo' repeatedly 'till it all comes on top. See you there :)

EDIT: Fat, pissed bloke. :huh:

Edited by johnnylager

[quote name='RussFM' post='312436' date='Oct 22 2008, 07:53 PM']19/11/08 - Opeth, Birmingham Academy
01/12/08 - Coheed and Cambria, London Astoria
02/12/08 - Coheed and Cambria, London Astoria
03/12/08 - Coheed and Cambria, London Astoria
04/12/08 - Coheed and Cambria (acoustic), London Astoria
04/12/08 - Coheed and Cambria, London Astoria
:)[/quote]

you like coheed and cambria?