Why become a member? ×

Noel Gallagher doesn't like Jazz Music.

bubinga5

He's just a bloke saying some words. He doesn't like or listen to jazz so there's no need to get upset IMO. I saw Oasis at Knebworth and I thought they were terrible - sloppy and cumbersome, but some of their records are great. Maybe Noel's live jazz experience was equivalent to my live Oasis experience?

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1483732340' post='3209732']
I call him stupid because of the way he comes across in the vid that i posted. i did say, maybe i missed something, or maybe its a bit tounge and cheek. Like i said he writes some great music, but to dismiss Jazz like he does is stupid. To dismiss a jazz audience as he does, and maybe an amazingly talented band that is way beyond what he could play, but not be as popuar, is stupid. Its a great musician making stupid comments, and thats why i loose respect for him. i can't see any other way of seeing it.
[/quote]

Spoken like a true jazz snob :i-m_so_happy:

Noel Gallagher doesn't like Jazz music
Bono won't go to the hop
When marching bands come on the radio
Johnny Marr pops to the shops

Karen Carpenter detested the rumba
Liberace wouldn't dance to no mod
Captain Beefheart declares - "I really don't care
for tunes that mention a God"

:)

He is an absolute plonker regardless of his musical taste, it is of course just an opinion, but I have always found him and Oasis to be overrated vomit worthy. But I am sure plenty of people would say the same of my heroes. Taste..... a fickle mistress.

Edited by HazBeen

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1483972653' post='3211549']
He is an absolute plonker regardless of his musical taste, it is of course just an opinion, but I have always found him and Oasis to be overrated vomit worthy. But I am sure plenty of people would say the same of my heroes. Taste..... a fickle mistress.
[/quote]

Nothing wrong with a bit of "Taste" - or Rory G in any form. They even did the odd jazz festival............

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fz6Qzzba0E[/media]

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1483891981' post='3210899']
Hmmm? I think you'll find that the expression, 'don't get your panties in a twist' is, when used in context, similar to saying 'don't worry' or 'calm down' and doesn't refer to name-calling in the slightest. [b]You'll remember also that I didn't refer to the aforementioned Mr Gallagher as a knob either[/b].

Try harder, eh?
[/quote]

Pardon?????

Try harder at what?

Your opinion is you like Noel, and thats fine with me.

[quote name='pmjos' timestamp='1483898650' post='3210965']
Everything aside, compared to what he does Weller is Jazz, I mean he uses more that roots, thirds and fifths.
[/quote]

Forget the Jazz debate, what are these thirds you speak of?

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1483985829' post='3211733']
Best Fast Show Jazz Club Clip (Imo)

[url="https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2zuxwr_jazz-club-desolate-shore-fast-show_music"]https://www.dailymot...fast-show_music[/url]
[/quote]
Certainly captures the true essence of modern jazz

[quote name='mikel' timestamp='1483980693' post='3211668']
Pardon?????

Try harder at what?

Your opinion is you like Noel, and thats fine with me.
[/quote]

I'm still struggling as to how applying a boldface format to a post response and using the idiom [i]Pot calling kettle...[/i]has any actual context given my original reply (however, if I'd said, 'God, that Noel Gallagher is a total cock,' you could have cheekily responded, 'Pot, kettle, black.'). My usage of [i]Try harder, eh?[/i] supports this.

I don't particularly care for Oasis or High Flying Birds, but I love Noel Gallagher as an orator and find him hugely entertaining.

I love most styles of music and that includes a few jazz sub-genres, but I've been to jazz jams where everyone seems to play endless fast bebop runs trying to impress the other jazzheads with how hip they are. You suggest a ballad and they look at you with distain. All styles have arrogant and uninspired players. Apparently Noel ran into some.