Why become a member? ×

My New Bass

alembic1989

I just bought another bass that I did not need...,couldn't help it..it was custom made by an unkown builder....made with exotic brazilian hardwoods,the makers own handmade pick ups..a top notch case....and it was a steal...c'mon what was I suppose to do??
Has not been delivered yet....I've already ordered some Nordstrand big singles.http://basschat.co.uk/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=140274640366"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=140274640366[/url]

I would assume it was that Luthier Extreme or whatever it was on ebay from brazil that made loads of shoddy bodies and the occasional full bass, mainly sort of copies of all the big basses around.

But I guess how good they were relied on the person who got the body and what they did with it if it wasn't one already made.

[quote name='alembic1989' post='307562' date='Oct 16 2008, 07:50 AM']Handmade at home I guess..as long as it sounds wicked who cares?[/quote]

I was wondering how much of a risk it was to buy a handmade bass on ebay without playing it. Then I saw others mentioning that the pickups alone are worth a lot. Have you bought other custom specials like this in the past? Can you spot the ones likely to be good?

But returning to the topic, I think you should keep on buying new basses at just the right rate so that when you finally find you have too many basses and need a clearout, that I might be in the position to swoop.

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='308533' date='Oct 17 2008, 12:50 PM']I would assume it was that Luthier Extreme or whatever it was on ebay from brazil that made loads of shoddy bodies and the occasional full bass, mainly sort of copies of all the big basses around.

But I guess how good they were relied on the person who got the body and what they did with it if it wasn't one already made.[/quote]

I am afraid you are wrong my friend..the bass was made in LEEDS by the seller..he also hand made the pickups...so I'm afraid that they are NOT Lane Poors....I haven't rceieved the bass yet . I am expecting it to arrive tomorrow...who knows.maybe his own pickups are really good..we'll see.